Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2004   #21
dan7
Veteran

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Does Seattle have anybody in mind as a possible hire?
I'd prefer someone with NFL experience as a defensive coordinator (such as Romeo Crenel). The Seahawks have a talented defense but those players need better coaching.

The Seattle papers haven't mentioned anyone specifically as being a viable candidate to suceed Holmgren.
Old 12-07-2004   #22
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Shanahan is a thought?? I heard he was getting tired of Denver and vice versa. I even heard he might be interviewed in Miami.

Cool stadium there in Seattle. I thought it was very pretty and I loved the unique endzone.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #23
dan7
Veteran

Arrow Qwest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Cool stadium there in Seattle. I thought it was very pretty and I loved the unique endzone.
I like Qwest Field; the upper deck is canted more severely than almost all other NFL stadiums due to the fact that this facility had to fit in a smaller space; the Kingdome was located about 150 yards north of Qwest Field and towered too much over Pioneer Courthouse Square.

The "Hawks Nest" in the north endzone is an inspired design and unique to the NFL; the "Red Zone" suites which are located at Field Level in the north endzone are also a great feature.

Last edited by dan7; 12-07-2004 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
dan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

"Before becoming the Packers head coach, Holmgren served as an assistant coach of the San Francisco 49ers from 1986-91. He coached the quarterbacks from 1986-88, under Head Coach Bill Walsh and was the team's offensive coordinator from 1989-91, under George Seifert. During his tenure in San Francisco, the 49ers posted a 71-23-1 (.753) regular season record to reach the postseason each year, and won Super Bowl XXIII over Cincinnati and Super Bowl XXIV over Denver. As offensive coordinator in 1989, the 49ers boasted the NFL's top-ranked offense. "

I wonder If he would be interested in a offensive coordinator position here in Houston :P

Doubt it.. he has been a head coach for more than a decade and won the superbowl with the Packers.. Im sure the Bears or Dolphins or 49ers will get him to be their head coach.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Aren't the Bears happy with Lovie Smith? Being his first year and all and injuries it wouldn't be fair to fire him. But then again what's fair in this business?

I bet Holmgren goes back to the Niners. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 12-07-2004   #26
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry I meant the browns, not the bears.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #27
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Is it just me or does Coach Holmgren look like that golfer Craig Stadler?
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2004   #28
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Watching the Seahawks play.. this is a "slightly above average" team. They have skill but lack consistency.

Basicly.. Seattle is what we have been saying we are.. a good team that hasnt learned how to win week in and week out.

But looking at them play.. they are alot better than us. It is something that I have been seeing alot of teams do that we are not doing. We lack confidence on offense. Even with our great receiving corps, we do not have enough targets. I think it is really going to boil down to two things.. we gotta have a running game, and Carr has got to get faster at going through his progressions and spreading the ball around. he was doing good earlier this year but the whole offense has slowed down as the year has gone on.

We need a TE... badly.

Anyway.. just watching this monday night game has led me to the conclusion that we are not yet ready to be a good team.. we still have some growing to do. More patience is in order.
I have to admit i sure do like the way Witten plays for Dallas....Thats a good TE who we need...Too bad he can't dump dallas...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read