Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-19-2004   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joppru Parrallel for the Colts

Quote:
Colts | Utecht Undergoes Surgery - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 19:53:02 -0700

John Oehser, of Colts.com, reports Indianapolis Colts rookie TE Ben Utecht (pelvis) has undergone an operation similar to pelvis surgery. Utecht could recover in time to play late in the season, according to head coach Tony Dungy.
Seems they will also be waiting most if not all of a season for a rookie TE.
Old 05-22-2004   #2
Ediddy73
Veteran

yeah, but their Ben was an undrafted FA, and ours was SUPPOSED to be a starter taken in the second round. Thier first name, position, and a pulled nut is where the similarities end. Advantage Colts. They are waiting for a player who has a 10000:1 chance of making the team.
Ediddy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #3
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I dont think it will make much of s difference. They still have Dallas Clark, who they drafted in the 1st round last year.
Old 05-22-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
They still have Dallas Clark, who they drafted in the 1st round last year.
Didnt Clark break his leg last year or something like that???

And if he did, is he full strength???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #5
LB Love
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to LB Love

Yea Clark broke his fibia midway through the season. Supposedly it really limited the Colt's ability in 2 tight end sets because it left them with only 1 or 2 quality TE's on the roster. Thats why they signed Utecht and drafted Ben Hartsock this past April.

Don't know if Clark is back to full strength yet but the few times I saw him I wasn't that impressed, he muffed a couple passes and at least one that would have been a touchdown.
LB Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #6
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Love
Don't know if Clark is back to full strength yet but the few times I saw him I wasn't that impressed, he muffed a couple passes and at least one that would have been a touchdown.
So did Andre Johnson. Both rookies last year, and Clark had even less playing time since he was backup to Pollard. He showed some good signs to me. I don't know if you watched any of Colts games to come up " not impressed " with Clark because he muffed a couple of passes, one bein a TD. So I guess your not impressed With Andre Johnson either..
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #7
LB Love
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to LB Love

Actually I wasnt...but only time will tell if his hands have improved. Hey it used to be the knock on Jerry Rice early in his career.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read