Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2008   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Thumbs up Greatest Moments in Texans' History

Houston's new Franchise - Oct. '99 Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Turning the Corner
This is Football Country

Last edited by brakos82; 04-06-2008 at 06:40 PM.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greatest Moments in Texans' History

"Roustabouts"? Good Lord that's horrible. Houston Warriors was a name not on there that would have been good I think.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
"Roustabouts"? Good Lord that's horrible. Houston Warriors was a name not on there that would have been good I think.
Oh, god no! I can just hear all my cow puta friends calling them the Houston Butt Warriors.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the Texas could have an updated version of this.. (Yes I am nostalgic)

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

12/2/07, second series Tacks game... There was no doubt this team needed to upgrade it's o-line. Rolled like a two bit genderly challenged montrose man.
Old 04-07-2008   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I've always thought that too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

They still have that at Astros games.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2008   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a cool set of videos . It was nice to take a trip down memory lane .

Roughnecks .......... I'm glad that wasn't selected . The "Rednecks" references would run wild .

Ive always thought it would be cool to see some of the helmet , and jersey renderings for the other names that made the final list . Was the color scheme and jersey/helmet design changed ? I heard somewhere the Texans were gonna use Red , Blue , and Gold until the Rams came out with their gold color scheme . Probably not true , it would be cool to see what that would have looked like though .

Thanks for the videos Bud !

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Best moment for me when we knew Houston had been given awarded a franchise. It went from all the talking head "No way Houston gets a teram for many years" to a team and a Super Bowl granted.
Old 04-07-2008   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the finalists for names were:

Texans
Apollos
Stallions
Wildcatters
Bobcats

I thought the name Apollos was cool as is Wildcatters. Can't complain about "Texans" though. I probably liked Bobcats as well back then, but ever since the Charlotte Bobcats came into existence I can't help but think about those hideous colors.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
That was a cool set of videos . It was nice to take a trip down memory lane .

Roughnecks .......... I'm glad that wasn't selected . The "Rednecks" references would run wild .

Ive always thought it would be cool to see some of the helmet , and jersey renderings for the other names that made the final list . Was the color scheme and jersey/helmet design changed ? I heard somewhere the Texans were gonna use Red , Blue , and Gold until the Rams came out with their gold color scheme . Probably not true , it would be cool to see what that would have looked like though .

Thanks for the videos Bud !
We were going to use the Blue on the Rams uniform but Mcnair saw it and didn't want us to have the same color.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
We were going to use the Blue on the Rams uniform but Mcnair saw it and didn't want us to have the same color.
Thats it . I knew it had something to do with the Rams .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking for something different but this pulled up on the search

too funny at the time long long time ago
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #14
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post. Got the blood pumping early on a Thursday morning!
I really got the feelign that 2008 will be the true breakout year for the Texans...PLAY-OFFS!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

some may not agree, but I believe the "high" point of the franchise was last season when we were playing the colts in week 3. I don't think I can ever remember anticipating a Texans game as much as that one. You had 2 undefeated teams, a new look texans team, the defending superbowl champs, a division lead on the line, etc. Unfortunately we lost and the game didn't live up to the hype, but just the atmosphere around the city at that time was great.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read