Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?
Indy 7 8.64%
Tennessee 44 54.32%
Jacksonville 15 18.52%
Pittsburgh 1 1.23%
Minnesota 0 0%
Green Bay 3 3.70%
Chicago 2 2.47%
Cleveland 3 3.70%
Other 6 7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2008   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Is it just me, or does being on NFL Network not really feel like a primetime game?
It's not just you, as many fans still don't have the network. But as time goes by, more & more fans will have access and the games on the NFL Network will gain popularity. Maybe, Bryant Gumball will have gotten the axe by then.

I think the primetime game that's really diminished is MNF. The games they've scheduled have been lame. And there's just something wrong with the production since ESPN has taken over (Tony Cornholio). I just can't put my finger on the problem (Tony Cornholio). Hopefully, the Sports Leader will find the problem (Tony Cornholio) and fix it (dump Tony Cornholio).
Old 04-06-2008   #22
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

anytime i am able to watch the texans in HD, its awesome!

down in corpus christi we dont have local channels in HD yet, so i am having to purchase sunday ticket and hope its being broadcast in HD that week. it looks amazing so i dont mind a game on nfl network at all.

i voted for a game against the jags because we always seem to play them tough. we went 1-5 in our division last year with our single win being against jacksonville in week 17
Old 04-06-2008   #23
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think the primetime game that's really diminished is MNF. The games they've scheduled have been lame. And there's just something wrong with the production since ESPN has taken over (Tony Cornholio). I just can't put my finger on the problem (Tony Cornholio). Hopefully, the Sports Leader will find the problem (Tony Cornholio) and fix it (dump Tony Cornholio).
they need to put wilbon or michael smith in the booth and kick tony to the curb. and jaws gets a little too excited for me with breaking down plays, so they ought to look for another analyst too.
Old 04-06-2008   #24
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted other and specifically am thinking Denver. I would love a chance to go to Invesco Field and cheer loudly for my Htown Texans in a student vs teacher II game. I might be one of the few Texans fans there, so I figure to get some TV time!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #25
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
they need to put wilbon or michael smith in the booth and kick tony to the curb. and jaws gets a little too excited for me with breaking down plays, so they ought to look for another analyst too.

You don't like Jaws?! Man, I guess you want more onomatopoeias.

As a football fan, it gets really annoying listening to a football guys talk football. I'd much rather be talked down to like I'm a 5 year old that has never watched the sport before.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #26
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything prime time is good so we get a showing on UK TV for once. Ah for the TV quality of Denver again this year! We really need a 16-0 season purely to get a bit more coverage (****** the Superbowl, its all bout TV! )

Would like any divisional game, although my mates a Browns fan, so that'd be more fun...
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #27
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Maybe, Bryant Gumball will have gotten the axe by then.
Fortunately for our game versus the Broncos he was sick so Todd Hammonds filled in for him and did a good job.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2008   #28
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Tenn, but could see it being with Indy, Jax, or Pitt.
Old 04-06-2008   #29
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Possible opponents include the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Giants, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Bills.

How many games do the Browns plan on hosting this year??
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #30
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Possible opponents include the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Giants, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Bills.

Well, we all know its all about TV ratings and size of viewership. So, given that, would it make more sense to have the Steelers, Colts, Giants or maybe even the Broncos before the Texans are even considered? I would love for us to get the game, particularly here, but I suspect that its a long shot hope. Although I'm more than a little surprised that it's the Browns as the given team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #31
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post

Well, we all know its all about TV ratings and size of viewership. So, given that, would it make more sense to have the Steelers, Colts, Giants or maybe even the Broncos before the Texans are even considered? I would love for us to get the game, particularly here, but I suspect that its a long shot hope. Although I'm more than a little surprised that it's the Browns as the given team.
Depends on who plays against the Lions.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #32
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans have history..but its history that not many people outside of Houston care about.

Pittsburg has more historic history, and are a playoff team, but Pittsburgh hasnt been in the limelight for a while so they dont strike me as the best choice.

Jacksonville has the most recent history..but we are talking about two teams who are not real big on a national scale.

I voted Indi. They are a division game so if you put it later in the season it could have playoff implications. Indi is a powerhouse team with a national audience, so they make sense as a Monday night game, and finally.. its a "david & goliath" scenario.. which gives national viewers and underdog to root for. Plus it would have the added benefit of firing up our guys.. their first monday night game, I have a feeling they would come out and want to impress people.

Seems im one of the few people that has this viewpoint though.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

THE NEW ENGLAND PATiorts .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Having just slept a couple hours and now can not go back to sleep, got to ask, whose house am I crashing at so I can watch the game on NFLN, since I do not have it?
Old 04-07-2008   #35
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Indy. BUT, I'd give up any night game for a couple 3pm home games.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #36
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/categ...r-mill/page/3/

Also, one of the mods at NFLDC predicts that it'll be Houston Texans vs. Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving NFLN.
This would be bad for me, the A&M/Texas game is moving bak to Thanksgiving.
Old 04-07-2008   #37
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
This would be bad for me, the A&M/Texas game is moving bak to Thanksgiving.
Yep, which makes no sense in my opinion as football fans in Texas would be expected to watch three games - UT/A&M, Cowboys and then the Texans. I do not see the NFLN doing this once they run the numbers.
Old 04-07-2008   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Yep, which makes no sense in my opinion as football fans in Texas would be expected to watch three games - UT/A&M, Cowboys and then the Texans. I do not see the NFLN doing this once they run the numbers.
Bite your tongue, sir!
Old 04-07-2008   #39
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Bite your tongue, sir!
Well, I meant it from an advertising dollar standpoint.
Old 04-07-2008   #40
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling we get Cinci in a prime time game this season. Given what's going on with the Bengals right now it would make no sense that they get a prime time game, which means it'd be a Monday Night game, but I just wanted to go on record.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read