Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?
Indy 7 8.64%
Tennessee 44 54.32%
Jacksonville 15 18.52%
Pittsburgh 1 1.23%
Minnesota 0 0%
Green Bay 3 3.70%
Chicago 2 2.47%
Cleveland 3 3.70%
Other 6 7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?

???

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #2
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
???
There's a poll that someone made about MNF a couple weeks ago. The consensus was the titans.
Old 04-06-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
There's a poll that someone made about MNF a couple weeks ago. The consensus was the titans.
Hmm. I haven't seen it, the only one I have noticed was the Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?
poll.

Old 04-06-2008   #4
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Hmm. I haven't seen it, the only one I have noticed was the Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?
poll.

Keep diggin i promise its there.
Old 04-06-2008   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think the new consensus is the Jags.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Good question, and I think it should be either Jacksonville or Pittsburg. The Jacksonville games are always exciting and it's turning into one of the biggest rivalies we have as Texans. I say Pittsburg because they are a playoff team from a year ago and a popular one at that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Good question, and I think it should be either Jacksonville or Pittsburg. The Jacksonville games are always exciting and it's turning into probably the biggest rivalry we have as Texans. I say Pittsburg because they are a playoff team from a year ago and a popular one at that.
I picked Jax but Pittsburgh intrigues me also. Tennessee would be the obvious choice with the ties to the city of Houston(Bud,VY).

Jacksonville is up early in the poll with a shutout 5-0.

Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2008   #8
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like the game to be here and a divisional/rivalry game.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The hoodlums from possum land.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i picked indy..

*hopefully*
top of the afc south clash ala week 3 this year... plus peyton would be a big audience draw so somewhat realistic (HOU-JAX on MNF? i dont see it happening).. i know the Q is 'should' though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

The score is tied 6-6.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #12
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans, They must be Destroyed!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted differently just because. Two up and coming teams, one offensively and one deffensively. It would be exciting.
Old 04-06-2008   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I voted differently just because. Two up and coming teams, one offensively and one deffensively. It would be exciting.
browns obviously?

....but our offence is better and more up and coming than our defence
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #15
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans/Jax only because we have a chance of it being a home game. Anyone like Indy or Pitt would be road games.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
browns obviously?
I've heard that the Browns/Texans game has a chance to be a Thanksgiving night game on the NFL Network.
Old 04-06-2008   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I've heard that the Browns/Texans game has a chance to be a Thanksgiving night game on the NFL Network.
I like that. Saw it at the HoustonTexans.com boards. Too bad its an away game, but hopefully the Texans get a home primetime game this year.
Old 04-06-2008   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Is it just me, or does being on NFL Network not really feel like a primetime game? When we had that 7 PM game last year against the Broncos I didn't really think of it as a primetime game. I think it's because a bunch of the American still doesn't get the channel (me included). The only prime time games are Sunday Night and Monday Night IMO

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #19
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BROWNS TO PLAY ON TURKEY DAY?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 12:50 p.m.

A day that features plenty of brown-colored food (and then, later, the creation of plenty of brown-colored, um, stuff) might feature a brown-colored team playing football in prime time.

Per Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cleveland Browns might be picked to participate in the NFL Network game played on Thanksgiving night.

The Browns last played on Thanksgiving in 1989, against the Detroit Lions. The Browns also faced the Cowboys in 1966 and the Cowboys in 1982. The Browns lost each of those games.

Possible opponents include the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Giants, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Bills.

The NFL added a night game to the Thanksgiving package in 2006, with the Broncos visiting the Chiefs. Last year, the Colts traveled to Atlanta.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/categ...r-mill/page/3/

Also, one of the mods at NFLDC predicts that it'll be Houston Texans vs. Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving NFLN.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

I would like that. A Thanksgiving game against Chicago or Cincinnati would be good.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read