Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Are you willing to join me in inciting a riot?
Hell yeah!!! NO MNF = BURN DOWN THE CITY!!! 41 45.56%
No, I could care less 49 54.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2008   #21
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
lets just burn dallas?
Oh I got Lil D covered.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #22
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
There is no excuse whatsoever if we do not get a Monday night appearance this year.
Sure there is. It's called TV ratings. We won't draw much nationwide.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #23
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Yankee ya want to go with me and burn a couch if we do not get a MNF game.

Just having fun man.
Old 04-04-2008   #24
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Yes there would be disappointment but I would not hold a one man riot in downtown Auckland.
hey, i'll be there.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #25
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I voted for burn the city, but I'd rather burn down Bristol, CT.
Old 04-04-2008   #26
Dcolbyt
starter

maybe if we sign pac-man jones he could burn down a city for us?
Old 04-04-2008   #27
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 29009 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I could care less
Old 04-04-2008   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted riot and burn the city. Hey, it would give the firefighters some action AND give the city incentive to clean up some parts of the city that really need it, not to mention be a whole lot of fun....win-win-win situation. Just no looting. That leaves a bad impression and it's just not right.
Old 04-04-2008   #29
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Won't riot here. To be honest, I hate waiting the extra 33+ hours. I want our team to get the respect and relevance that it takes to get a MNF game because that means they will have become a winning team that can win a big game. I am just not sure we are there yet.

I wouldn't turn it down but I am not gonna get bent if we don't get more than the obligatory exposure. Don't get me wrong, I love my Texans and we are close and could make a big jump this year due to our youth and continuity, but I really don't want it till were ready. Do we want another KC or Seattle embarrassment? Granted, we no longer have the scrub DC at QB, but our defense is still pretty much a sieve. The Broncos win was nice but that wasn't MNF or even SNF. Just win and everything gets taken care of.
Old 04-04-2008   #30
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kornhole, Kiper, etc. and the rest of his Catskills pals that run ESPN don't like the Texans because they've still got egg on their faces for savaging them and their pick of Mario over their commercial propery little Reggie Bush back in '06 and looking amazingly foolish for it to this day.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #31
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i have to work in the morning
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #32
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Want to hold a global riot?!
You hold your one man riot in Auckland and I will do it here in Denver!

Add another Denverite! I'll wear the hardhat and everything. I've been to LA, I know how to riot and loot!

-wil

Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #33
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

The teams announced for MNF that had the same or worst record than the Texans are: Broncos, Raiders and Vikings. The other team is the Packers the only team with a winning record last year.

SO WHY NOT THE TEXANS!!!!!!!!
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #34
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 44539 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not bothered in the slightest. We'll be on MNF when we make them put us on.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #35
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
And the Arizona Cardinals do? They even get MNF games.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #36
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
maybe if we sign pac-man jones he could burn down a city for us?
No, that's not a good idea. We want to burn the city not make it rain.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #37
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

MNF sucks. I really don't want that game at all. SNF, on the other hand .......
Old 04-04-2008   #38
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
MNF sucks. I really don't want that game at all. SNF, on the other hand .......
I would love to see an SNF game. I think the Raiders got one last season, so the Texans should be able to pull one out. Maybe at home against the Titans. That's always a big game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
aaah... sanity.
thank you.

Fact is, its got nothing whatever to do with standings. Its all about ratings; i.e., will we draw anyone outside of Houston? The honest answer is "no"...

We haven't been around long enough to have an established fanbase like the Giants or Steelers or Packers or Chiefs.
We're not filled with drama queens like Cincy or have a sob story (and I mean that in a nice way) like New Orleans. Nor do we have an owner who can't stand being out of the news for more than 5 minutes at a time like Jerry Jones or a crazy spendthrift guy like Al Davis or Daniel Snyder.
Heck, they couldn't even get Kubiak to give the hype mongers enough ambiguous quotes to start a Matt vs. Sage QB controversy
Nobody on suspension or coming off jail time

Face facts gang; Our boys just play hard and that's not very hype-able.

But our day will come.

....and soon.
cause Playoff games aren't on MNF but they are must watch TV. And given a choice, I'll take a string of playoff appearances over MNF.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
And the Arizona Cardinals do? They even get MNF games.
The only time I recall they were on MNF they played the Bears. The Bears were the national draw. QB Matt Leinart was the AZ story line.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read