Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Are you willing to join me in inciting a riot?
Hell yeah!!! NO MNF = BURN DOWN THE CITY!!! 41 45.56%
No, I could care less 49 54.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2008   #1
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?

Year after year, we continue to get disrespected and get passed over for MNF while teams like the Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals get their time in the limelight.

It's complete and utter BS, and I for one, am not going to take it any more!!!

We had better get one this year or there will be hell to pay!

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!!!!
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?

No Justice, No Peace?
Old 04-04-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

is there a 'i will be pissed but wont riot' option
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
is there a 'i will be pissed but wont riot' option
Yes there would be disappointment but I would not hold a one man riot in downtown Auckland.
Old 04-04-2008   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Yes there would be disappointment but I would not hold a one man riot in downtown Auckland.
Want to hold a global riot?!
You hold your one man riot in Auckland and I will do it here in Denver!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Want to hold a global riot?!
You hold your one man riot in Auckland and I will do it here in Denver!
i got ireland covered
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #7
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO, I think the Sunday Night Footballl game has more prestige, now... Better announcers anyway....

Between Thursday, Sunday and Monday night, I predict we get two this year...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2008   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Fire on ship, sinking.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

they can't ignore us if we go 16-0.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we have more poll choices than torch the city & I don't care?

Sorry, I'm not from L.A. - Rioting just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 04-04-2008   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for rioting because it's just good clean fun. But on the other hand why would you burn the city? The city has nothing to do whether or not ESPN gives us a MNF game.

Last edited by Nawzer; 04-04-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be upset, but realistically until we have a winning season I'd doubt they'd consider us. Maybe a game against the Tacks, but that's still unlikely.
Old 04-04-2008   #13
Dcolbyt
starter

that nfl network game was great! i like the way it was covered.
Old 04-04-2008   #14
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15991 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, according to our place as the team with the 18th selection in the draft, that means only 14 teams are better than us (32-18=14). So, we're the 15th best team in the league, at least based on draft position. Now, if there are 16 weeks with a Monday night game, that means there are 32 opportunities for a team to participate in a Monday night game. Of course, each of the 32 NFL teams are not going to get to play on Monday night so some teams are repeat participaters. Nevertheless, if winning percentage has any bearing on the selection of participants, wouldn't it seem to reason that the 15th best team might "squeeze" into the lineup of 32 participants? There is no excuse whatsoever if we do not get a Monday night appearance this year.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Maybe we can just TP the Astrodome.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #16
Dcolbyt
starter

lets just burn dallas?
Old 04-04-2008   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Email the h3ll out of espn or somthing but no riot.

Or maybe boycott espn as a whole city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
lets just burn dallas?
They might be our best bet for a monday night game though. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #19
texflex513
All Pro

If we dont get it...it will be kinda like mario gettin snubbed from the probowl but after this upcoming season they wont have a choice but to put us in primetime. TEXANS4LIFE!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #20
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
that nfl network game was great! i like the way it was covered.
I think it was great because Gumbel wasn't doing the game.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read