Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-07-2008   #121
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i wasn't hiding..our names are shown. you got neg repped for being you. That was reason enough. Your team doesn't deserve our records. I can get you a map back to tennessee if'n you don't like it.
I am still not from TN as most people who actually read my posts would know. But then again you have not, you just have blatent hatred for something you do not understand. Just forward me a copy of the Texans homer guide to whom I should like and should not like on in MY TEAMS history and I will make sure not to huwt your feewing, mmmkay

So I'll put you down as no opinion on the matter what so ever or at least one you could actually back up. Good to know, at least I know who's post give nothing to conversation.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #122
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I am still not from TN as most people who actually read my posts would know. But then again you have not, you just have blatent hatred for something you do not understand. Just forward me a copy of the Texans homer guide to whom I should like and should not like on in MY TEAMS history and I will make sure not to huwt your feewing, mmmkay

So I'll put you down as no opinion on the matter what so ever or at least one you could actually back up. Good to know, at least I know who's post give nothing to conversation.
i have an opinion..it just involves you playing in traffic. Your posts aren't worth reading. Go back to the thumbtacks forum.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #123
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And now I get neg rep'ed for an opinion.

How about you build a case put up some numbers give any argument at all swtbound07 before you are so quick to hide like a coward behind a neg rep button.

Neg rep'ed in a Rival Forum. That is rich ... not that it surprises me much but as a Titans fan I was not handed a manual on which opinions I should have and which I should not. Absolutely pathetic!
I have never understood the need to negative rep someone for an opinion. He wasn't being vulgar. Some peoples avatars are more in need of neg repping than his post have been but I have never neg repped any one and I don't intend to start now.

Positive rep heading your way Flaming Sparrow.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #124
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I have never understood the need to negative rep someone for an opinion. He wasn't being vulgar. Some peoples avatars are more in need of neg repping than his post have been but I have never neg repped any one and I don't intend to start now.

no need to be oblique overalls...you can say it to me directly. I know how you feel about the avatar

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-07-2008   #125
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i have an opinion..it just involves you playing in traffic. Your posts aren't worth reading. Go back to the thumbtacks forum.
But you neg rep'ed me because how did you put it ... oh yes for "being you".

So you know nothing about me at all ... admittedly ... but still took the time to neg rep me for being me? What does it say about your character when you judge a person solely on what they appear as in an avatar and a signature?

Old 04-07-2008   #126
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Warren Moon is in the top 10 of Pass Completions, PAssing TDs, Passing Yards, Passing Yards per game. Allot of major QB categories. To say he does not at least deserve a look is silly IMO.

9 time probowler ... including 8 in a row.

Old 04-07-2008   #127
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
But you neg rep'ed me because how did you put it ... oh yes for "being you".

So you know nothing about me at all ... admittedly ... but still took the time to neg rep me for being me? What does it say about your character when you judge a person solely on what they appear as in an avatar and a signature?
i know enough. I know your a titans fan spouting nonsense on a texans board. Thats enough for me to click a button.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2008   #128
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Warren Moon is in the top 10 of Pass Completions, PAssing TDs, Passing Yards, Passing Yards per game. Allot of major QB categories. To say he does not at least deserve a look is silly IMO.

9 time probowler ... including 8 in a row.
Indeed, Moon was a great player for the Oilers worthy of his Hall of Fame status. He electrified the Astrodome for many years.

But Earl. Earl is a Legend in the State of Texas. Earl was bigger than life when he wore an Oiler uniform.

Earl Campbell is what Texas Football is about.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #129
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post

Nice. Someone on this board that doesn't just spit hate for the fun of it. Overalls I'm sorry about all the stuff I said about you over on gotitans. You appear to be a decent fan and nice guy. You are welcome anytime as far as I'm concerned. (as if you were not to begin with)
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #130
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 113077 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

This is funny.

First and foremost, the Titans have no claim to anything Oiler Blue.

The Titans have no sense of history, or they would not have called themselves the inbred children of "Bud's Anus".

It's going to be a great day when the Texans bring home that Vince Lombardi, and Vince Young is a sad footnote of History.

Can't wait to see the 30th Anniversary logo, still with no championships.
Old 04-07-2008   #131
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I vote to remove that avatar from your profile for this remark.

Not that you would know, but Earl is considered one of the best running backs in the history of the NFL, and undoubtedly the best football player your franchise has ever seen.

I could care less if Dud wouldn't let Houston have the franchise records. The travesty, however, is keeping the records for a franchise that has fans who are completely clueless about the history of the team, much less the game of pro football.

You seem to revel in our team's very short history while clearly showing your ignorance for your own team's history. Why does our history matter to you when you remain so glaringly ignorant about your own?

Wait, I know the answer! *cough*troll*cough*

It's a bull. You do know the difference, yeah?
In some breeds female bovine can have horns. sorry.

Last edited by KTOWN; 04-08-2008 at 12:09 AM.
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #132
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Indeed, Moon was a great player for the Oilers worthy of his Hall of Fame status. He electrified the Astrodome for many years.

But Earl. Earl is a Legend in the State of Texas. Earl was bigger than life when he wore an Oiler uniform.

Earl Campbell is what Texas Football is about.
I am not doubting that. Montana is the same way in the SF Bay Area.

But that does not answer who was the best player to play for the Oilers. If you take yourself out of Texans .... .... Moon would at least deserve a look.

Again player not person ... I am looking at you Bill

Old 04-08-2008   #133
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because I have a differing opinion then you about a players overall performance? please
No..... it's because you're living up to the stereotypical tinbred fan by speaking without having any knowledge on the subject. I know Earl is what the Oilers stood for, and I grew up in the run 'n shoot days myself.

There's a reason you will never see the man step foot on a tacks field.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #134
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
No..... it's because you're living up to the stereotypical tinbred fan by speaking without having any knowledge on the subject. I know Earl is what the Oilers stood for, and I grew up in the run 'n shoot days myself.

There's a reason you will never see the man step foot on a tacks field.
That is your opinion while you really never saw earl play. You can not tell me that in his hay day you did not think Moon was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I think if most of you are serious with yourselves and look back ... you LOVED Moon. If he had the ball with less then 2 and he needed less then 7 it was money in the bank. Maybe I was some star struck teenager .... but Moon could do no wrong when I was younger.

Moon is the reason I like the Oilers ...

Old 04-08-2008   #135
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
In some breeds female bovine can have horns. sorry.
That maybe true but not the bovine in question. Then again your really getting good at failing.
Old 04-08-2008   #136
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

How did you titan fans feel about Eddie George?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #137
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Two questions:

1. Who wants to help me increase the google searchability of my blog post (almost like a google bomb) on this subject by crushing the Titan commenters on the blog?

Here's the link again:

Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo

Titan fans unhappy with me, and it is more fun if I have others with me to keep them in line. Have fun with it but keep it relatively clean. Besides, clean insults are often funnier if they are creative. It's really easy to leave a comment over there, and it is fun to see MBs of teams playing the Titans link to these posts with the comments. It's like a historic record.

2. Anybody here handy at wiki editing? Writing things professionally for addition to a wiki? This is the Tennessee Titans wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans

I think if you were handy with wiki editing, a good spot for a statement of what critics think of the name would be at the end of the paragraph involving the name change with a footnote to my blog entry at the bottom. You would have to write it very professionally for it to stick. It is relevant and it is truthful.

Just an idea.
viking site
Quote:
Sorry, Stephanie Stradley, I actually think the Houston Texans have the worst nickname in the NFL. It's a bland, dull name: they may as well just be called the Houston People. And the color scheme and jerseys are pretty ugly to. But you know, about tastes there is no disputing.
http://pacifistviking.blogspot.com/2...o-end-any.html

oh and

Last edited by Wolf; 04-08-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #138
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

"viking site:

Quote:
Sorry, Stephanie Stradley, I actually think the Houston Texans have the worst nickname in the NFL. It's a bland, dull name: they may as well just be called the Houston People. And the color scheme and jerseys are pretty ugly to. But you know, about tastes there is no disputing. "

What a moron. This is the perfect defense for the anti-global warming people because obviously this persons brain is frozen.
Let's see... I will chose "What is another way to describe "Vikings?" for $200 Alex. Hmmm, "What are people?"

Lets talk about the color scheme now. How can anyone say that freakin' purple and white is better looking than red, white and blue? No offense horn frog people.
Old School is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #139
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Give them a break. The ice is just now leaving the lakes up there.

Minnesootans have no understanding of the pride we take in being Texans. So it's not surprising when you hear remarks like that.

And for those who never saw Earl play that are trying to make a case for Moon as the best player to wear Oiler Blue, please stop already because it really is a futile and ridiculous argument. Moon's the silver medalist - threw a beautiful ball, piled up stats and was without doubt the best QB I've seen play in this City, but the gold belongs to Earl.

It's not all about stats in this case. It's because of Earl's grit and strength, his humility and upbringing, his leadership by example, his aura and persona, his production, his power and speed, it's about how he was feared by his opponents and how he would drive his head through their chests, it was about him leaving everything on the field - every week, it was about the emotion you felt when they put the ball in his hands, it was how he represented this City and State in a way that made us proud every time he stepped on the field as a football player and a man.

It's Earl Freaking Campbell for gods sake...

Last edited by aj.; 04-08-2008 at 07:23 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #140
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's some education:

Earl Wiki

NFL Films on Earl

Brought a tear to my eye. Damn I love me some NFL films.

The Titan fans in this thread should be aghast at themselves.
You may want to define 'aghast' before throwing it around to folks that think period jokes are funny...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read