Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-07-2008   #61
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
The history is harsh. I've only had to deal with it for the last 12 years or so. Didn't much care for them till they moved here. You can keep that history. You guys lived it. We do have the common sense not to sleep with family members. Well most of us. If you wanna pile on our state go ahead guy. I'll jump right in. There is enough ignorant necks to go around here.
just curious so why the Oilers logo if you state that?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just curious how 'The Titans' are celebrating 10 years whenever the first year or two they were the Tennessee Oilers?!?
Old 04-07-2008   #63
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like a firey comet that just missed hitting the Transco Tower. Transco, Williams, whatever..
Old 04-07-2008   #64
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
It looks like a firey comet that just missed hitting the Transco Tower. Transco, Williams, whatever..
It looks like a fire ball alright. But it looks like it shot straight out of 'the rugs' a$$!!!
Old 04-07-2008   #65
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm just curious how 'The Titans' are celebrating 10 years whenever the first year or two they were the Tennessee Oilers?!?
The patch says "1999-2008" so obviously they're leaving the two years that they were the Tennessee Oilers out of the equation, which makes sense if you ask me because they are celebrating 10 years of being the Tennessee Titans and not 10 years of being in Tennessee.

R.I.F.

I think it's funny that nobody wants to claim 1997 and 1998. Everyone in Houston is like "They might have been called "Oilers" but that wasn't our mess!" and everybody in Tennessee is like "Hey, they may have been playing in Tennessee but that was the Oilers, not the Titans!"
Old 04-07-2008   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The patch says "1999-2008" so obviously they're leaving the two years that they were the Tennessee Oilers out of the equation, which makes sense if you ask me because they are celebrating 10 years of being the Tennessee Titans.

RIF
RIF????

You criticizing me on a Monday morning?!? Especially when I've had only about half of my normal coffee intake?? Some nerve Herv...

That is kinda funny... Especially from the Tennessee people considering the the Tenn. Oilers were 8-8 two consecutive years without really having a home field. I would think Tenn. fans would have eaten that up....
Old 04-07-2008   #67
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
RIF????

You criticizing me on a Monday morning?!? Especially when I've had only about half of my normal coffee intake?? Some nerve Herv...

That is kinda funny... Especially from the Tennessee people considering the the Tenn. Oilers were 8-8 two consecutive years without really having a home field. I would think Tenn. fans would have eaten that up....
They are full from all the road kill they ate.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2008   #68
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea I know Titans are inbreeders. That guy who likes overalls came over and told us all about it. Being from Tennessee I am aware of the NASCAR watching sister kissers that dwell here. Dude pile on its cool. I know. If thats all you guys got thats fine but do know that in the race for twisted inbreed DNA Texas is not far behind.
Its not all I got, its just my opening shot.

For the last 12 years your organization has been in Tennessee its been nothing but disastrous starting when a tornado plowed through your stadium. You would think some people would take a hint as to the things to come. Other than having a running back that had his man hood stripped from him on national television(George.) locking out a future hall of fame QB and coming up one yard short, You got yourself a Winny, crying baby of a QB that has the IQ of sling blade. He is such a terrible QB that your organization does not even bother to upgrade the WR position. When Crumpler became available I knew he was going to be a Titan b/c he just played for a no talent, run first QB that couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing at the end of a pear.

You also have a defense thats success is solely based on if fat Albert decides he wants to show up and play. And if you don't believe me, look at the success the Titans had last year with and then without, fat Al.

The only reason the Titans have had any sort of success over the last few years, and in fact there entire time in Tennessee, is Jeff Fisher. But even Jeff Fisher, who could have guided 31 other teams to multiple Championships by now, can only hold the tides back for so long.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #69
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres to it being the best 10 years they'll ever have

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #70
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Two questions:

1. Who wants to help me increase the google searchability of my blog post (almost like a google bomb) on this subject by crushing the Titan commenters on the blog?

Here's the link again:

Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo

Titan fans unhappy with me, and it is more fun if I have others with me to keep them in line. Have fun with it but keep it relatively clean. Besides, clean insults are often funnier if they are creative. It's really easy to leave a comment over there, and it is fun to see MBs of teams playing the Titans link to these posts with the comments. It's like a historic record.

2. Anybody here handy at wiki editing? Writing things professionally for addition to a wiki? This is the Tennessee Titans wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans

I think if you were handy with wiki editing, a good spot for a statement of what critics think of the name would be at the end of the paragraph involving the name change with a footnote to my blog entry at the bottom. You would have to write it very professionally for it to stick. It is relevant and it is truthful.

Just an idea.
Old 04-07-2008   #71
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Still joking on the name and making incest references..... Umm you guys are called the Texans. Wow. That is sooooo creative. How long did it take to think that one up? 4? 5 minutes? Was there a public opinion poll? Hey guys lets make our logo a cow that resembles the state flag. Not sure why that is better than the Titans but ok.
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #72
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Still joking on the name and making incest references..... Umm you guys are called the Texans. Wow. That is sooooo creative. How long did it take to think that one up? 4? 5 minutes? Was there a public opinion poll? Hey guys lets make our logo a cow that resembles the state flag. Not sure why that is better than the Titans but ok.
We understand that you have been desensitized towards the whole incestuous thing, but really, I would have preferred the Houston Houstonians over the Titans...

Speaking of originality, you are aware the 'Titans' have been used before too, right??? See the New York Jets!!!
Old 04-07-2008   #73
KTOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Its not all I got, its just my opening shot.

For the last 12 years your organization has been in Tennessee its been nothing but disastrous starting when a tornado plowed through your stadium. You would think some people would take a hint as to the things to come. Other than having a running back that had his man hood stripped from him on national television(George.) locking out a future hall of fame QB and coming up one yard short, You got yourself a Winny, crying baby of a QB that has the IQ of sling blade. He is such a terrible QB that your organization does not even bother to upgrade the WR position. When Crumpler became available I knew he was going to be a Titan b/c he just played for a no talent, run first QB that couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing at the end of a pear.

You also have a defense thats success is solely based on if fat Albert decides he wants to show up and play. And if you don't believe me, look at the success the Titans had last year with and then without, fat Al.

The only reason the Titans have had any sort of success over the last few years, and in fact there entire time in Tennessee, is Jeff Fisher. But even Jeff Fisher, who could have guided 31 other teams to multiple Championships by now, can only hold the tides back for so long.
What do you guys have? What have you done? The Texans have done and are nothing. You have never won more than 8 games. You guys are 2-10 against the team you hate so much. I hope the Texans can step it up in the next few years.(I think they will) The NFL needs more rivals and I think the Texans/Titans could be an entertaining one.
Old 04-07-2008   #74
KTOWN

Quote:
We understand that you have been desensitized towards the whole incestuous thing, but really, I would have preferred the Houston Houstonians over the Titans...

Speaking of originality, you are aware the 'Titans' have been used before too, right??? See the New York Jets!!!
We are aware. New York was the first inbreeders.
Old 04-07-2008   #75
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are aware. New York was the first inbreeders.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Yorkers may have been the first, but not the most effective.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Yorkers may have been the first, but not the most effective.
It only took the Titans, errrrrrrrr Jets to figure out that 'the Titans' was NOT a good name.
Old 04-07-2008   #77
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are proud to be Texans, not everyone can be one. Are you proud to be a Titan? Your logo looks like someone threw a hot flaming meatball then threw a tack and it stuck. Your owner also stayed away from snake logos/names for a reason.

Say Hi to Britney, Kfed.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #78
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't understand? Well let my buddy Lyle Lovett explain it to you simply:

Quote:
You say you're not from Texas
Man as if I couldn't tell
You think you pull your boots on right
And wear your hat so well

So pardon me my laughter
'Cause I sure do understand
Even Moses got excited
When he saw the promised land

That's right you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

See I was born and raised in Texas
And it means so much to me
Though my girl comes from down in Georgia
We were up in Tennessee

And as we were driving down the highway
She asked me baby what's so great
How come you're always going on
About your Lone Star State

I said that's right you're not from Texas

Oh the road it looked so lovely
As she stood there on the side
And she grew smaller in my mirror
As I watched her wave goodbye

Those boys from Carolina
They sure enough could sing
But when they came on down to Texas
We all showed them how to swing

Now David's on the radio
And old Champ's still on the guitar
And Uncle Walt he's home with Heidi
Hiding in her loving arms

They're OK in Oklahoma
Up in Arkansas they're fair
But those old folks in Missouri
They don't even know you're there

But at a dance hall down in Texas
That's the finest place to be
The women they all look beautiful
And their men will buy your beer for free

And they'll say that's right you're not from Texas

So won't you let me help you Mister
Just pull your hat down the way I do
And buy your pants just a little longer
And next time somebody laughs at you

You just tell 'em you're not from Texas

But Texas wants you anyway.

Heck yeah we are the Texans!!!! Proud of it!!!!!

We have no problem with you being so proud of the incest-inbreeding thingy and accompanying T logo. It's not like you have much of a choice in the matter. So I say way to go celebrating your heritage with your 10 year patch. Embrace it.

I think it is funny how sensitive some Titan fans can be on this subject. Some fans just laugh it off and think it is funny, and then some fans just go off. I guess we shouldn't discuss how T-Rac a raccoon is an appropriate mascot for the Titans as uh, the Greeks were known for the raccoons. Nope that's not it. Uh, maybe because Bud Adams looks like he wears roadkill on his head? :elle:
Old 04-07-2008   #79
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is a Texan and wants no part of being a Titan.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still cry about it. So close.... So much closer than the cows have ever gotten. 8-8 Franchise best. Enjoy. Oh yea could someone tell me why my avatar and sig don't show up. Do you guys have a post count?
You got sloppy seconds when you pimped out your state to Jabba the Hut.

We got a brand new team with a great owner. So what if it takes awhile to build a team from the ground up in the NFL. You'll never know what it's like, because it's easier to steal someone else's team than build your own. So you speak from deep ignorance with moronic statements mentioned above.

It is interesting that you do not even have the pride to display your team's logo, but instead try to 'fit in' a Houston forum by displaying the logo of our old team (that you admit you don't even give a rat's ass about). That, in itself, makes you somewhat of a dweeb.

Quote:
Go anywhere in the world and mention Texas. Everyone knows where you are talking about and what we stand for.

Your state has no such distinction. Matter-of-fact, most Americans probably couldn't point out Tennessee on a map. Elvis' Graceland is your only true claim to fame.

I speak of pride, something you do not possess and probably could not find in a dictionary if I ripped out 99% of the pages and highlighted the word for you. You willingly blast your own people and ridicule your own state. It's a sad and pathetic frame of mind you possess....but "to each his own" and all that crap.

Quote:
What do you guys have? What have you done? The Texans have done and are nothing. You have never won more than 8 games. You guys are 2-10 against the team you hate so much. I hope the Texans can step it up in the next few years.(I think they will) The NFL needs more rivals and I think the Texans/Titans could be an entertaining one.
6 years, dude. We've only had six seasons, yet you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of building an expansion team in the world's toughest league. Comprehension is obviously a lost art with you. Good luck with all that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read