Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-05-2008   #41
Polo

Default Re: Titans ten year anniversary logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN View Post
Not bad. How does it feel for your team to never do anything meaningful?

Old 04-05-2008   #42
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
That pot looks white to me.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #43
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
That pot looks white to me.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWulf
Spin-Spin-Spin, quit wasting money on logos and get some new quality players.
How funny.

Bud making a statement for being in a city for more than 10 years, here's to another 25 Tennessee!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 04-05-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #44
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not. Last time i checked the team in Tennessee has the rights to the logo. Bud wouldn't let you guys keep it... sorry. I'm sorry if I offended.
I think its a fair trade off.

Tentopee gets all the Oiler history including the Buffalo game, the KC game, the second longest road losing streak ever, seven straight one and done playoff appearances (not including wild card games),Bud Adams, Oliver Luck, Chris Chandler, Billy Joe Toliver, Bucky Richardson, Mike Rozier, Jeff Alm, Henry Ford, Kevin Gilbride, a GM who drunkenly crashed through someones house, and coming up one yard short of a Championship,

And we get,

A football team with just as many championships at the Titans, and the common since not to sleep with our sisters.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #45
KTOWN

Rep Power: 0 KTOWN seems to be losing the respect of his peers

The history is harsh. I've only had to deal with it for the last 12 years or so. Didn't much care for them till they moved here. You can keep that history. You guys lived it. We do have the common sense not to sleep with family members. Well most of us. If you wanna pile on our state go ahead guy. I'll jump right in. There is enough ignorant necks to go around here.
KTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #46
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not bad. How does it feel for your team to never do anything meaningful?
Our team has done something meaningful. "Our" team won the first two AFL Championships and "Our" team went to the playoffs 7 straight years if I remember correctly. "Our" team had HOF players like Elvin Bethea, George Blanda, Ken Houston, Earl Campbell, Mike Munchak, Bruce Mathews, and Warren Moon play on it.

In 1997 "our" team became "Your" team. In 2002 we got a new team and they took 6 years to make it to a .500 season. No big deal, we got there in the same amount of time it took the Dallas Cowboys to reach .500 so it's not like we're in bad company.

All things being equal I think that Houston got the better end of the deal.
Old 04-06-2008   #47
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep.

The Titans are stuck with a crappy owner in a city that will never host evens like the Super Bowl. Texans future>>>>>>>Titans Future.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2008   #48
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

KTown here is a helpful link that you should follow:
http://www.titansonline.com

Here are some directions in case you are lost
HOUSTON, TX
1. Starting in HOUSTON, TX on BAGBY ST go toward WALKER ST go < 0.1 mi 0 mi
2. Turn LEFT on WALKER ST go < 0.1 mi 0.1 mi
3. Take LEFT ramp onto I-45 N go 0.6 mi 0.7 mi
4. Take exit #48A/BEAUMONT onto I-10 E go 271.6 mi 272.3 mi
5. Take LEFT exit #159/HAMMOND onto I-12 E go 85.9 mi 358.2 mi
6. Take exit #85B/HATTIESBURG onto I-59 N go 160.8 mi 518.9 mi
7. Merge onto I-20 E go 129.3 mi 648.2 mi
8. Take exit #106/GADSDEN/ATLANTA onto I-459 N go 33.4 mi 681.6 mi
9. Take exit #33B/GADSDEN onto I-59 N go 123.7 mi 805.3 mi
10. Take the CHATTANOOGA exit onto I-24 E go 17.5 mi 822.8 mi
11. Take LEFT exit #185B/KNOXVILLE onto I-75 N go 84 mi 906.8 mi
12. Merge onto I-40 E go 19.4 mi 926.2 mi
13. Take exit #388/DOWNTOWN/HENLEY ST onto HENLEY ST(US-441 S) toward DOWNTOWN go 0.8 mi 927 mi
14. Arrive at the center of KNOXVILLE, TN go < 0.1 mi 927 mi
KNOXVILLE, TN

Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #49
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yep.

The Titans are stuck with a crappy owner in a city that will never host evens like the Super Bowl. Texans future>>>>>>>Titans Future.

To be honest its not like Nashville is unable to host a Super Bowl. The NFL would never agree to put their marquee game in an open-air stadium in a city that gets winter weather. Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Same reason why Chicago/Washington/Green Bay/Cincinnati/New York/etc. don't host Super Bowls.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #50
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
To be honest its not like Nashville is unable to host a Super Bowl. The NFL would never agree to put their marquee game in an open-air stadium in a city that gets winter weather. Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Same reason why Chicago/Washington/Green Bay/Cincinnati/New York/etc. don't host Super Bowls.
Like I said, Nashville will never host a Super Bowl, and the team won't play in one either.

By the way, Green Bay is way to small of a market to host a Super Bowl. Cincy is borderline, too. There have actually been rumblings for a NYC Super Bowl though.
Old 04-06-2008   #51
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Yeah, that sucks. I like seeing football games in the elements. 35 wintery mix sounds good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #52
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Like I said, Nashville will never host a Super Bowl, and the team won't play in one either.

By the way, Green Bay is way to small of a market to host a Super Bowl. Cincy is borderline, too. There have actually been rumblings for a NYC Super Bowl though.
You're right about Green Bay but you get my point. Cincy could handle a Super Bowl... hell it worked in Jacksonville. New York is getting a new stadium with a retractable roof, thats why they have been making a bid.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #53
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
You're right about Green Bay but you get my point. Cincy could handle a Super Bowl... hell it worked in Jacksonville. New York is getting a new stadium with a retractable roof, thats why they have been making a bid.
WTF? It didn't work in Jacksonville. That thing was a disaster, and they had to bring in cruise ships for hotel rooms. Jacksonville failed.
Old 04-06-2008   #54
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The history is harsh. I've only had to deal with it for the last 12 years or so. Didn't much care for them till they moved here. You can keep that history. You guys lived it. We do have the common sense not to sleep with family members. Well most of us. If you wanna pile on our state go ahead guy. I'll jump right in. There is enough ignorant necks to go around here.
Just make sure you jump with both feet.

There is an age old question, " What is in a name?" Well appearently Bud Adams got it right when naming the Titans. He must of felt the same way about Tennessee that everyone else in the nation does. And if you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link to drop a little knowledge on you.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...-all-of-sport/
Just make sure you go down and click on the video.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #55
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

There is an age old question, " What is in a name?" Well appearently Bud Adams got it right when naming the Titans. He must of felt the same way about Tennessee that everyone else in the nation does. And if you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link to drop a little knowledge on you.
LOL.

The best thing about the new 10 year logo was being able to update this. It is a front paged story on FanHouse:

"Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo"

Hopefully this means that the video can spread a little more. Just for educational purposes, of course.

Old 04-07-2008   #56
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone care to tell them that 2008 - 1999 = 9 years

I know the intent. I'm just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #57
KTOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

Yea I know Titans are inbreeders. That guy who likes overalls came over and told us all about it. Being from Tennessee I am aware of the NASCAR watching sister kissers that dwell here. Dude pile on its cool. I know. If thats all you guys got thats fine but do know that in the race for twisted inbreed DNA Texas is not far behind.
Old 04-07-2008   #58
KTOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Anyone care to tell them that 2008 - 1999 = 9 years

I know the intent. I'm just saying...
The Texas school system failed you hardcore. Spread your fingers and count again. Let me know if you need help.
Old 04-07-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at that ridiculous logo, is just a nice reminder of what a second rate owner 'the rug' is and what a second rate organization he runs...... Who knew Dishman was dead-on whenever he left the Oilers?
Old 04-07-2008   #60
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea I know Titans are inbreeders. That guy who likes overalls came over and told us all about it. Being from Tennessee I am aware of the NASCAR watching sister kissers that dwell here. Dude pile on its cool. I know. If thats all you guys got thats fine but do know that in the race for twisted inbreed DNA Texas is not far behind.
Interesting form of smack you run.

KTOWN: "Yes, the Titans are a bunch of inbreeders, so yeah, our name is appropriate."

O...kay.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read