Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-08-2008   #41
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football mmo rpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
If we get a Texans team going, I guess the owner could try and trade for all of us that are under contract. I think my owner would go for it if I asked him. Right now, I'm a lvl 3 FS, as a backup, I'm getting pretty good playing time. I've built my player up with training mostly. I don't have any referals, probably because I don't look for them, so it takes me a bit longer to level up. My player subs in at all of the secondary positions, and I have noticed that when my player is on the field, most of the plays go away from my side. Makes it a little harder to make tackles, but I guess they are scared of me...lol.
i'll get in talks with my owner about it. if i believe the game will last and we have the support for it, it wouldnt bother me to try and buy a team. maybe a little premature for a slow internet based game in beta stage but with as fast as it's progressed it could be a lot of fun. maybe one of us gets lucky and we can be the flint tropics and AE can be the GM lol.
Old 04-08-2008   #42
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we could get a TT.com team going that would be great. The offical MB already has one with nearly a full "human" roster.

We played last night, and I finally got a decent amount of playing time. And I was the 2nd leading tackler on my time with 6, 2 from coverage units and the rest from my FS spot. The "starter" had had something like 4 tackles while still playing more. In 2 games the starter has 8 tackles, and in 1 game I've got 6. I'm pretty sure my owner thinks I'm an ass, but he that's ok. I want playing time and I want the starting gig. Oh, and we still lost.

Thanks to all those who signed up through the referal link, once Hutch13 gets active, it'll be enough for me to lvl my guy up.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #43
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like its pretty hard to get on a team. I guess I'll have to wait 10 days so I can level up.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #44
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Looks like its pretty hard to get on a team. I guess I'll have to wait 10 days so I can level up.
I sugest using the "Teams looking for Players" sub-forum. Just hang around till somebody posts a need that matches your spot and reply.
Old 04-08-2008   #45
Polo

Haven't had my first game yet...7 hrs to go....

My boy is gonna ball out...

Last edited by Polo; 04-08-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-08-2008   #46
Polo

Anyone play for the New Jersey Knuckle heads ? or USA Exiles ?
Old 04-08-2008   #47
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Anyone play for the New Jersey Knuckle heads ? or USA Exiles ?
Nope, I'm with one of the SouthEast Asia teams...for now.
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2008   #48
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This looks like a lot of fun. As soon as I get more time I am going to sign up. Probably tonight.

How can we get a TexanTalk team going, that would be sweet.
Old 04-08-2008   #49
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
This looks like a lot of fun. As soon as I get more time I am going to sign up. Probably tonight.

How can we get a TexanTalk team going, that would be sweet.
:o yeah, it would.

We had a game today, but my team sucks so we lost.

I also had a crappy game. 3 tackles 1 pass deflected. :/ I never got to see the ball thrown my way because they were picking on a CPU CB opposite me. :/
Old 04-08-2008   #50
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I used the link. Now if someone can use mine to give me some points.

I got you bro, I signed up under your link. How do you make sure you got the points?

BTW, what does MMO mean?
Old 04-08-2008   #51
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Any newcomers? Please give me a referral by signing up through this link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=5209980
Old 04-08-2008   #52
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Is it just me or is GLB very slow?
Old 04-09-2008   #53
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW, what does MMO mean?
Massive Multiplayer Online

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #54
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Nope, I'm with one of the SouthEast Asia teams...for now.
which team? i've got a couple of players on the singapore flames right now. 2-0 in my first two games (woohoo) but my stats are pretty poor.

my owner said they might be releasing new teams sometime soon so keep an eye on the announcements and we'd have to be quick. also some owners might be looking to sell their teams but be careful, there might be a reason they're selling.

if we've got new guys that are having trouble finding a team just give me a holler and i'll see if i cant get you on my team.
Old 04-10-2008   #55
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Is it just me or is GLB very slow?
Yeah, it seems to be always like that.

But last night it was uberfast. Like click and the page was done. o_O
Old 04-11-2008   #56
Scooter
Funky

i was made defensive coordinator for the last game (held them to 3 points!) but i'm going to be a hero or goat in 2 hours agaisnt a team better than ours. it's a slow internet game but you cant get this type of anticipation in madden.

that's where a texans team would make it more fun. there's a group involvement instead of just hoping your player has decent stats every other day.

hoth-boy, you mentioned an official board team that's mostly human ... are their players only from the board or did they have to recruit from the outside also? if they're a core group that's also looking outside, that might be a good opportunity for us to pair up.
Old 04-11-2008   #57
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, I'm stuck on a team without a concept, neither offensively nor defensively. Our owner didn't log in for 10 days. Still we managed to win our last two games. I'm just our nickleback, but I still manage to lead our team with passes defensed.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #58
Scooter
Funky

wholly off topic, but where is that soccerball from austrian? that's my favorite design so far and looks like a very good style for curls and knuckleballs. scoot want!

we lost badly this morning ... offense wholly to blame (we lost 0-17) though i have a little work to do guessing against their guesses. we need humans in the 3rd and 4th string (or higher levels to push our newbies - including my guys - further down the depth chart) pretty badly as our CPU guys got lit up despite being decent levels.

austrian if you, or anyone else reading this for that matter, needs a team please give me a holler. i've got a great coach that would love to add players. i've already spoken to him about it, when we're ready to setup our own team he's more than willing to help us out.
Old 04-11-2008   #59
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i was made defensive coordinator for the last game (held them to 3 points!) but i'm going to be a hero or goat in 2 hours agaisnt a team better than ours. it's a slow internet game but you cant get this type of anticipation in madden.

that's where a texans team would make it more fun. there's a group involvement instead of just hoping your player has decent stats every other day.

hoth-boy, you mentioned an official board team that's mostly human ... are their players only from the board or did they have to recruit from the outside also? if they're a core group that's also looking outside, that might be a good opportunity for us to pair up.
It's mainly a core group on the offical message board. I know they are still looking for a few spots. contact psychonaut, he's the owner.
Old 04-11-2008   #60
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
wholly off topic, but where is that soccerball from austrian? that's my favorite design so far and looks like a very good style for curls and knuckleballs. scoot want!

we lost badly this morning ... offense wholly to blame (we lost 0-17) though i have a little work to do guessing against their guesses. we need humans in the 3rd and 4th string (or higher levels to push our newbies - including my guys - further down the depth chart) pretty badly as our CPU guys got lit up despite being decent levels.

austrian if you, or anyone else reading this for that matter, needs a team please give me a holler. i've got a great coach that would love to add players. i've already spoken to him about it, when we're ready to setup our own team he's more than willing to help us out.

That ball's called Europass. It's the official tournament ball of the UEFA Euro 2008 european soccer championship in Austria and Switzerland which starts in June.

And yes, I'd like to be on a new team. It would be a pleasure to play for you or your owner. I'm a beginner though, as I said, right now I'm just a nickelback on level 4.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read