Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-05-2008   #21
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Football mmo rpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
im glad you guys enjoy it! i wish i had thought of this, its a great i dea.

what lvl are you?
Level 4. You?
Old 04-05-2008   #22
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

I registered. Sent a bulletin about my guy. Now do I just wait for some offers or what?
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #23
Dcolbyt
starter

lvl 4 also, i would like to own a team, it sounds cool just you might have to deicate alot of tme to it
Old 04-05-2008   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13 View Post
I registered. Sent a bulletin about my guy. Now do I just wait for some offers or what?
Hm, you should have leveled up before you sent out the bulletin.

To level up you click on home and by your avatar you should see "flex points", click "spend/buy/earn" and go to level up. Level 2s seem to get signed quicker than level 1s for obvious reasons.

And yeah, i would like to buy a team too. But I want to make a new profile named Jackie Moon, and create a player by the same name so I could buy the "Flint Tropics". I would also be labeled as owner/player/coach. It would be awesome.
Old 04-05-2008   #25
Dcolbyt
starter

HaHa thats funny! i love that movie!
Old 04-05-2008   #26
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Will somone who plays this PLEASE help me out?

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...d=37439&page=1

The topic is Barry Sanders vs. Earl Campbell and I'm the ony one defending Earl. :/
Old 04-06-2008   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay guys, I've been playing this game for about a week now and I'm apart of a different forum which has purchased about 5 different teams. Right now I'm the GM of the Ottawa Bills in the Canada A Eastern Conference.

I'm running the Defense and basically we need an MLB, a FS and a DT and you will get probably 40 - 60 snaps depending on the position you play and your stamina level.

These are for backup positions really as we have starters, but everybody gets snaps and the snaps get you experience. Right now it's a lot of level 4 D players going against level 6 and 7 O players and we're not completely destroyed. It'd be a good place and if you interested send me a PM here with your goallineblitz info. These spots could easily disappear and you guys would not be the players with priority, but hey, you could play for me, and I haven't done too bad.

Anyways yeah, there you guys go.
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2008   #28
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Great... thanks alot guys... I just stopped by texanstalk to check a few of my ongoing threads, and happened to click on this one.
Now I've just spent about two hours on the GLB site creating a player who got signed pretty quickly to a 3-2 team. My first game isn't until tomorrow, but I figure I'll be spending a ton of time over there as well as here at TT.

As I said, thanks alot... lol
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #29
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I made a player just to give it a whirl, seems like it could be fun.

If you want to sign up please use the following link (gives me referal points):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=3851413
If I could just get 1 more person to sign up through my referal link I could level my guy up.

So c'mon there needs to be one more taker out there.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #30
Dcolbyt
starter

we got win!2-3 how bout that
Old 04-06-2008   #31
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

congrats dcolbyt! i just signed up yesterday, my guys' first game is in about 9 hours. it'd be great if somewhere down the line we could get a texanstalk team going.

there are a couple links already so use those guys first (hoth-boy needs 1 more), but i'll toss my referral link out there for later use. thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=4494265
Old 04-07-2008   #32
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcolbyt View Post
we got win!2-3 how bout that
Nice! We lost.

I did have the best stats for defensive back on my team, however. 3 tackles (one missed -_-) and 3 passes deflected. :o
Old 04-07-2008   #33
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I could just get 1 more person to sign up through my referal link I could level my guy up.

So c'mon there needs to be one more taker out there.
C'mon one more.

I feel like such a prima dona. I got 11 snaps in our last game, which we lost, and most of my stats are better then the starters, so I asked the owner what's up and how could I get more playing time. His answer was a blah blah blah sub tactics bit. Well see, next game is in about 21 hours. Thankfully I only signed a 1 year deal. So I'll be a FA again soon.
Old 04-07-2008   #34
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
C'mon one more.

I feel like such a prima dona. I got 11 snaps in our last game, which we lost, and most of my stats are better then the starters, so I asked the owner what's up and how could I get more playing time. His answer was a blah blah blah sub tactics bit. Well see, next game is in about 21 hours. Thankfully I only signed a 1 year deal. So I'll be a FA again soon.
I'll do it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
I made a player just to give it a whirl, seems like it could be fun.

If you want to sign up please use the following link (gives me referal points):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=3851413
Link for Dtran's conveinence.

Then I'm done.
Old 04-07-2008   #36
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
C'mon one more.

When did you join? I got a pretty good owner. Gives everyone an equal share of playing time mainly because were still a building team. One thing I don't like about GLB is that the contracts expire like a full season. example: If you joined a team on the 25th day of the season, the contract will expire on the 25th day of the next season if you signed a 1 year deal. :/ I would like for the contract expire on a clean date. :o
Old 04-07-2008   #37
Dcolbyt
starter

Great idea about creating a texanstalk team! (memphis just lost i think my city just died AHHH). I guess its a good thing im a bama fan. sry bout that but lets look into doing the team thing. Way to go Kanasas!
Old 04-08-2008   #38
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i think that'd make this game a lot more fun than hooking up with random players and random owners. i made two players and ended up with a good owner it seems (in probably the lowest possible bracket) and we won our game this morning woohoo. if we got a TT team going though you'd see smallish salaries, an unselfish team, a more vocal and fun team, and input that would actually win a lot of games.

the game's still in the beta stage but after seeing the sim and the replays it seems relatively well constructed and maybe towards the end of the month i'll sink a couple bucks into it for either ownership or building a strong group of players.
Old 04-08-2008   #39
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

If we get a Texans team going, I guess the owner could try and trade for all of us that are under contract. I think my owner would go for it if I asked him. Right now, I'm a lvl 3 FS, as a backup, I'm getting pretty good playing time. I've built my player up with training mostly. I don't have any referals, probably because I don't look for them, so it takes me a bit longer to level up. My player subs in at all of the secondary positions, and I have noticed that when my player is on the field, most of the plays go away from my side. Makes it a little harder to make tackles, but I guess they are scared of me...lol.
Old 04-08-2008   #40
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
One thing I don't like about GLB is that the contracts expire like a full season. example: If you joined a team on the 25th day of the season, the contract will expire on the 25th day of the next season if you signed a 1 year deal. :/ I would like for the contract expire on a clean date. :o
something i completely agree with and bugged me from the first moment. i just made a post in the suggestions forum about it, but i'm probably not at my most eloquent so any support there or better wording would be great.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read