Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans, Pick yourselves up and beat the Colts

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Yep thats right, Pick yourselves up, Shake off the dirt, and lets put a whoopin on the horseshoes. Heck lets just nail them to the rodeo horses.
Lets go Texans, we got 4 more and I want a few more wins.

Joe Texan said:
Yep thats right, Pick yourselves up, Shake off the dirt, and lets put a whoopin on the horseshoes. Heck lets just nail them to the rodeo horses.
Lets go Texans, we got 4 more and I want a few more wins.

Yeah just blow the colts away...that's so easy to do....lol

non natural texan said:
I hope you ifairweather fans wear your blue and white to the game, better yet, don't show up.
are you talking about Colts fans?

I'll be at the game, but not because I want to be. I had the whole day set out to have some Texan buddies of mine over to the house to watch the game. Then I got volunteered by my boss to ring the Salvation Army bell at the game. He thought it would be a nice gesture to volunteer me, since it was the Colts. Now I won't get to watch the game hardly at all.

TexansTrueFan said:
I dont even wanna think about having to face the colts sunday :thud:

I agree....but maybe since we're not expecting a win it won't be soo bad...If they have to lose, i just want it to be a close game...Their confidence is low enough much less face another landslide......And you know, we've been surprised before, so it could happen!!!!....YOU GO TEXANS!!!!

TexansTrueFan said:
I dont even wanna think about having to face the colts sunday :thud:
Look at the bright side: We will probably see Manning tie and break Marino's TD record idonno:

What sad and pathetic attitudes. Any given Sunday, And with a new officiating crew we got a different game here. You should never count your chickens before they cross the road, or lay thier eggs or whatever.
The bandwagon has some room. Hop off if you want but don't try to grab me on your way off.

no joe is right on this one...this game should be about revenge from players stand point...g-funk and company were a little upset about how the colts ran up the score...and i for one believe if you don't want it done then stop it...well here's your chance for redemption...the colts embarassed you on their turf well now they're in houston make'em see how much of a b!%#$ payback is

keyfro said:
no joe is right on this one...this game should be about revenge from players stand point...g-funk and company were a little upset about how the colts ran up the score...and i for one believe if you don't want it done then stop it...well here's your chance for redemption...the colts embarassed you on their turf well now they're in houston make'em see how much of a b!%#$ payback is

Oh no, not the retarded "Colts ran up the score" again...

Fiddy said:
Look at the bright side: We will probably see Manning tie and break Marino's TD record idonno:

Yes, bright side! Haha. Just would love to see a game, where both offenses are passing the ball till the last second and finish with a score like Monday Night with BOTH teams around the 40.

Joe Texan said:
What sad and pathetic attitudes. Any given Sunday, And with a new officiating crew we got a different game here. You should never count your chickens before they cross the road, or lay thier eggs or whatever.
The bandwagon has some room. Hop off if you want but don't try to grab me on your way off.

I think we can be worried about a game and still be on the bandwagon Joe. Now i would love to see this team kill the colts, but this team usually kills itself with turnovers, penalties, and a few other things that really get on my nerves. Infact sometimes it seems like this team Failed to watch game film, or prepare for their next opponent. Now dont get me wrong i love this team as much as anyone here, and will even if they go 0-16 next season :shocked but we are quite aways from the play-offs !

keyfro wrote:
no joe is right on this one...this game should be about revenge from players stand point...g-funk and company were a little upset about how the colts ran up the score

Oh no! Not this again. I haven't heard anything from the Bears, Lions, or Titans? It just so happened to be that the game against the Texans was the start of an offensive powerhouse getting in a groove. Let's not forget to mention that our offense actually only scored 35 points in that game (which at the time our average was around 31 a game) So really our offense didn't run up the score as you all think. Our defense just out played you and created 14 points. And IMO, that last interception ran back for a TD at the end of the game is totally on Carr and the coaching staff. Why was Carr and the first string offense in the game running a no huddle offense with less than 2 minutes to go down 42-14?...anyways that is all in the past. Here is to a injury free game on both sides. Good Luck

For the Texans to upset the Colts this Sunday, Dominick Davis is going to have to have a big game. Run, run, run and chew up the clock and keep Manning and the Colt offense of the sidelines.

Geez, that was easy to say.

gwallaia said:
For the Texans to upset the Colts this Sunday, Dominick Davis is going to have to have a big game. Run, run, run and chew up the clock and keep Manning and the Colt offense of the sidelines.

Geez, that was easy to say.

But gwall that is too conservative, don't you know we need to get into a shootout with Peyton Manning?

coltsfreeney93 said:
Oh no! Not this again. I haven't heard anything from the Bears, Lions, or Titans? It just so happened to be that the game against the Texans was the start of an offensive powerhouse getting in a groove. Let's not forget to mention that our offense actually only scored 35 points in that game (which at the time our average was around 31 a game) So really our offense didn't run up the score as you all think. Our defense just out played you and created 14 points. And IMO, that last interception ran back for a TD at the end of the game is totally on Carr and the coaching staff. Why was Carr and the first string offense in the game running a no huddle offense with less than 2 minutes to go down 42-14?...anyways that is all in the past. Here is to a injury free game on both sides. Good Luck
as for Carr being in the game that late...I'm the type of coach who...if my team is getting pounded like that, I leave the starters in. My philosophy on that is, you created this mess, you lie in it.

That being said, I never coached millionaires, either. Jr High and HS basketball players, yes...

Bottle-O-Bud said:
This is a game that is a sure loss. #1 offense who beat us to a pulp before without any form of resistance in both offense and defense.

It may be closer than you think. I think if we get ahead , Manning will get pulled early. We have 2 home games in next 2 weeks and I am sure he and the Colts management would love to see him tie and break this at home, especially against the likes of Baltimore and San Diego. Might need the extra boost. Besides, you played us tough almost every game but last one. I predict 34-24 score Colts, but a pretty good game to watch, manning with 3 tds.

Here's to injury free!

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Gwallia is right infantrycak. Even is Palmer and Carr bring thier best game, we will not win a shoot out against Payton. Conservative is the only way to go in this case.

I know sarcasm is harder to detect on a MB, but sheesh people, that one had flashing lights and a siren on it.

coltsfreeney93 said:
Oh no! Not this again. I haven't heard anything from the Bears, Lions, or Titans?

Well gee, you think that might be because Manning was pulled in the Bears, Lions and Titans games after hearing the criticism not just from fans but the game announcers at the Texans game?

Cry a river, Theres no crying in football. I am a Fan, short for fannatic and I stand behind the Texans win lose or draw. They might have some issues that need attention but the players get pumped at every homegame with the participation of the croud. All you "we're gonna lose wishers", need to stay home cause I am showing up with the intention to saddle that horse hop on it and beat it like a red headed step child. :neener:

I think we will play well this week. We haven't been blown out at home all year. I think we lose a close one at home to the Colts.

Regardless of the outcome of our game against the Colts, I hope if they are "saving" PM for a big showoff with the Ravens, that the blackbirds c*** on their parade! They better NOT look past the Texans is all I have to say. We played them and the Pats great competitive games last year, and we beat the Panthers! SO, we are on our turf, and anything can happen! At some point in time the high and mighty take a tumble! MAYBE, just MAYBE the Texans will be the one's to bring them down! I believe they can do it!

A high and mighty, over confident, Colts team shows up at Reliant thinking that they have this game in the bag, and plan on saving their pretty boy QB so he can break a record at home. PLUS, they have that little snicker grin on their horses butt looking faces planning their NEXT game because they have already shown the lowly TEXANS a thing or two! Well!! I have more faith in our team than for them to allow that to happen! We might get beat, we might not, but our TEXANS will show up and make PM and Co think twice about blowing us off! Just a female rant! I am pi**ed that most everyone thinks this game is a given, to the Colts! Screw that attitude!

I have one other thing to say....this game is a given. :bag:

It will be closer than the one in Indy, because we're at home, but there's no way we win this game.

Well we beat the Titans and the Titans gave the colts a damnnn good battle...SO we could take them...Just depends which Texan team shows up...I hope its the one that fights.... :goodbad: :taz:

depends which Texan team shows up
I want to see the guts and determination of the defense that played the first three quarters on 12/28/2003. This bunch of rag tags damm near did it. I challenge this year's version do do better.

Ioane
DeLoach
Wong
Foreman
Sharper
Foley
Faggins
Coleman
Brown
McCree
Simmons

txhoosier said:
as for Carr being in the game that late...I'm the type of coach who...if my team is getting pounded like that, I leave the starters in. My philosophy on that is, you created this mess, you lie in it.

That being said, I never coached millionaires, either. Jr High and HS basketball players, yes...

Actually, there was an article in the houston barnicle where Carr was asked why he wasn't pulled early. He stated he didn't think it was fair for him to be resting on the sideline while the team fought out the rest of the game.

As for the rest of you saying this is a given for the glue shoes - shame on you. We can - no - we will win this game. And I'll be screaming as loud as usual to bring home that win. Those donkeys may trot their way into Houston, but they're leaving in a bucket of paste. So if you don't think we can win - stay home and give me your tickets. I'll put some Texans fans in your seats. :boxing:

SheTexan said:
Regardless of the outcome of our game against the Colts, I hope if they are "saving" PM for a big showoff with the Ravens, that the blackbirds c*** on their parade! They better NOT look past the Texans is all I have to say. We played them and the Pats great competitive games last year, and we beat the Panthers! SO, we are on our turf, and anything can happen! At some point in time the high and mighty take a tumble! MAYBE, just MAYBE the Texans will be the one's to bring them down! I believe they can do it!

A high and mighty, over confident, Colts team shows up at Reliant thinking that they have this game in the bag, and plan on saving their pretty boy QB so he can break a record at home. PLUS, they have that little snicker grin on their horses butt looking faces planning their NEXT game because they have already shown the lowly TEXANS a thing or two! Well!! I have more faith in our team than for them to allow that to happen! We might get beat, we might not, but our TEXANS will show up and make PM and Co think twice about blowing us off! Just a female rant! I am pi**ed that most everyone thinks this game is a given, to the Colts! Screw that attitude!

peyton manning never takes any team lightly, just read his press clipings. and i love the way you call peyton a pretty boy qb when you have david carr over on the sideline worried more about how his hair looks than why he just threw a int.

also to the girl that said the titans gave the colts a good run, uh what game were you watching? did you turn it off after the 1st quarter when the colts rolled up 34 unanswered points?

do the texans have a chance in this game, sure they do, any nfl team has a shot (however little it may be) at another nfl team on any given day. so stop hating on peyton, the guy is a class act on and off the field not to mention the best qb in the league. the facts are simple, to win this game your very inconsistant offense has to score 40+ points and do it by substaining long drives and eating clock.

just remember no lead is safe with this colts offense, we have no prob coming from behind, heck we run the hurry up offense every down. now that ive said that all i dont think it will be a factor because peyton will score at will on your defense and if you turn the ball over again look to get another 49+ points laid on you again. my advice is give the colts the run and hope they decide not to pass it because the run is so open, at least then you wont have insult added to injury by having the toughest record in football broke against you at home. you texan fans should be greatfull that you get a chance to watch the greatest offense in nfl history play live in person. be sure to thank mr. manning for the privlidge of watching him live and sit back and enjoy the show.

p.s. god i hope the colts dont lose after all the smack im talking, nah im not worried.

P-money! I don't think there's a person on this board who disrespects PM, and I don't think any post was meant to lead anyone to believe that. BUT, he is not a one man team! He can, and will, be knocked off his pedestal at some point in time! It might not be this Sunday, and it might not be this year, BUT, he will fall at some point in time, they all do!! I have faith in my football team to give him a run for his money this coming Sunday!! Isn't that what the NFL is about anyway? A competitive spirit! BTW: I have been a PM fan since the beginning of his career, and it does my old heart good to see him succeed. BUT, I am also a crazy TEXAN that will never give up on my team. All I know is that I will be at Reliant Sunday ready to do my part in trying to bring him, and the mighty Colts DOWN!! You can bet your bottom dollar that the 12th man will be there on Sunday!!

AFTER this Sunday!! GO Colts!! I hope they represent the AFC all the way to the SB!

texansgal8 said:
Well we beat the Titans and the Titans gave the colts a damnnn good battle...SO we could take them...Just depends which Texan team shows up...I hope its the one that fights.... :goodbad: :taz:
I'm not going to doubt that the T's can beat the Colts...there is enough talent there, but the Titans didn't play the Colts well...they scored a lot early on a short field after some onsides kicks. They went 3 entire quarters without a score after that. The Oilers...errr...Titans got spanked last Sunday...

I will be at the game on Sunday...albeit working for my company. We volunteer to collect change for the Salvation Army at this game, and being a Colts fan, my boss thought it would be nice to volunteer me. Now I won't get to watch much of the game at all...

I can't even wear my Colts gear, b/c we have to wear company shirts. I am trying to hint to my wife to give me my Colts hat (Christmas Gift) early so I can wear it to the game.

Stop by and drop some pennies in my bucket!! (I'll be the one cheering for the Colts)...

here's to a great game, and NO INJURIES!!!

Note: I HATE that the Texans and Colts are in the same division...I wish the Texans were in the NFC. That way I could root for them every weekend, not just 14 out of the 16 games they play...

txhoosier said:
I will be at the game on Sunday...albeit working for my company. We volunteer to collect change for the Salvation Army at this game, and being a Colts fan, my boss thought it would be nice to volunteer me. Now I won't get to watch much of the game at all...

I can't even wear my Colts gear, b/c we have to wear company shirts. I am trying to hint to my wife to give me my Colts hat (Christmas Gift) early so I can wear it to the game.

Stop by and drop some pennies in my bucket!! (I'll be the one cheering for the Colts)...

here's to a great game, and NO INJURIES!!!

Note: I HATE that the Texans and Colts are in the same division...I wish the Texans were in the NFC. That way I could root for them every weekend, not just 14 out of the 16 games they play...
update on this...apparently the Texans organization has a policy of NO HATS...the exception being the santa hats that we are going to wear for the Salvation Army...

The wife made me a Colts santa hat, and now I can't wear it!! I don't know why the the Texans organization would have a problem with it, can any of you? [/sarcasm]

SheTexan said:

None of the colts are blowing off this game, this is for the division peyton will have the team ready. Maybe colts fans are overlooking the texans but..to be honest we own you 5-0...why should we really care about ya???

SheTexan said:
I don't think there's a person on this board who disrespects PM,
I don't respect him and here's why. If he is supposed to be the great QB everyone says, why does he waste my time with all the fake audibles? If he is "that good", he should not have to trick the opponent. Line up, call an audible if its warranted, and execute the play.

I didn't say he wasn't a good QB. I said I don't respect the way he tries to throw off the DFence by faking audibles. He shouldn't have to do that. It just seems like a bush league tactic to me.

QB's have been barking out fake audibles as far as I can remember, but not many QB's call plays at the line of scrimage like Peyton. If he didn't throw in a few bogus calls then all you would have to do is find a pattern to blow up calling plays in front of the defense.

you can say the same thing about always calling audibles whether they are real or not. You can't tell me that he does not tip his hand at the line. By doing it so much there is alot more info on finding a pattern, ask any poker player. I watched one game where the direction he pointed tipped which way the play was going. That was only one obvious tell seen on tv. You add in the head movement, face and voice, the D should have 1 up on him. Maybe they do and he is good enough to execute the play, but if that's the case, just make the play and quit wasting my time. As the ancient Chinese saying goes: "He who use deception, need help completing the reception".

BullPenAndy said:
I didn't say he wasn't a good QB. I said I don't respect the way he tries to throw off the DFence by faking audibles. He shouldn't have to do that. It just seems like a bush league tactic to me.

There is a great article on ESPNInsiders about this but I can't link to it here. Essentially they tongue in cheek say that even his own line doesn't like all the audibles but that they like the result. In addition, they say the majority of the audibles are not fakes. Peyton goes to the line with 3 plays called, but on the pass play will have as many as 10 options. He designates the play and a whole tree of options with those audibles.

Personally as an offense I would think if you can throw the defense off and gain an upper hand by calling multiple audibles it's a good thing...

I don't remember him doing that at Tennessee but perhaps he did.

Irregardless it works; the guy is playing out of his mind this year and has taken his game to a level most QB's would love to be at.

I think it's well documented that few in the league are as studious as Peyton is. I think he's just trying to get an edge and he obviously is successful.

Here are a couple of quotes from the article about how extensive his audible options are:

All 300 plays in the Colts' game plan each week can be audibled, verbally or by hand signal.

Moore sends Manning into the huddle with three or four options to choose from at the line. For example, Manning may call two runs, 43 Iso and 42 Power, as well as a passing package, such as the "check" package. The runs are basic. The passing packages, though, branch out once the Colts get set at the line of scrimmage. The "check" contains up to 10 plays for Manning to choose from, as though he's mentally clicking a start button and selecting from programs that pop up. Each of those 10 "check" plays has its own variations and deviations, depending on whether the defense is in one of a dozen or more defensive looks. Should a defensive end move one gap over, or a corner shade just a bit toward the middle of the field – should any one of a hundred different things happen on the defensive side of the ballManning is once again barking and waving, annoying fans everywhere.

After reading this article, gotta say he may be the one QB that can take such an offensively unbalanced team all the way. He is just so studious it's ridiculous--it would be a shame not to put enough talent around him to take full advantage of his skills.

BullPenAndy said:
I don't respect him and here's why. If he is supposed to be the great QB everyone says, why does he waste my time with all the fake audibles? If he is "that good", he should not have to trick the opponent. Line up, call an audible if its warranted, and execute the play.
:shocked yes, you have officially made the dumbest point I've ever read. Sorry if I won't elaborate much, but that was incredibly unintellegent. You don't respect him because he tricks the defense!?!?!?!? Then you better not respect Carr when he runs play action, becuse if hes good enough, he can always drop back and never need to cruely trick anyone. Wow, I have lost about 50 IQ points for reading this post!

infantrycak said:
Well gee, you think that might be because Manning was pulled in the Bears, Lions and Titans games after hearing the criticism not just from fans but the game announcers at the Texans game?

yeah, I am sure dungy and polian listen to you guys and and form their game plan around that. You guys are babys and couldn't handle the game or a loss. this is all your team has to get them fired up? Please. Talk about something else.

BullPenAndy said:

This is the dumbest post i have ever read. What your saying is, if peyton sees a blitz, not to change the play to give his team an advatage? So he should just get sacked, when he has a chance to turn it into a big play? I doubt you would say the same thing if carr was doing it...i can't believe you said that...lol

I put your post on the indystar colts message board...so all can see your ignorance.... :banana:

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88646

Back