Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2004   #21
coltsrule
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
This is a game that is a sure loss. #1 offense who beat us to a pulp before without any form of resistance in both offense and defense.
It may be closer than you think. I think if we get ahead , Manning will get pulled early. We have 2 home games in next 2 weeks and I am sure he and the Colts management would love to see him tie and break this at home, especially against the likes of Baltimore and San Diego. Might need the extra boost. Besides, you played us tough almost every game but last one. I predict 34-24 score Colts, but a pretty good game to watch, manning with 3 tds.

Here's to injury free!
coltsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Gwallia is right infantrycak. Even is Palmer and Carr bring thier best game, we will not win a shoot out against Payton. Conservative is the only way to go in this case.
I know sarcasm is harder to detect on a MB, but sheesh people, that one had flashing lights and a siren on it.
Old 12-07-2004   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfreeney93
Oh no! Not this again. I haven't heard anything from the Bears, Lions, or Titans?
Well gee, you think that might be because Manning was pulled in the Bears, Lions and Titans games after hearing the criticism not just from fans but the game announcers at the Texans game?
Old 12-07-2004   #24
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cry a river, Theres no crying in football. I am a Fan, short for fannatic and I stand behind the Texans win lose or draw. They might have some issues that need attention but the players get pumped at every homegame with the participation of the croud. All you "we're gonna lose wishers", need to stay home cause I am showing up with the intention to saddle that horse hop on it and beat it like a red headed step child.
Old 12-07-2004   #25
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think we will play well this week. We haven't been blown out at home all year. I think we lose a close one at home to the Colts.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of the outcome of our game against the Colts, I hope if they are "saving" PM for a big showoff with the Ravens, that the blackbirds c*** on their parade! They better NOT look past the Texans is all I have to say. We played them and the Pats great competitive games last year, and we beat the Panthers! SO, we are on our turf, and anything can happen! At some point in time the high and mighty take a tumble! MAYBE, just MAYBE the Texans will be the one's to bring them down! I believe they can do it!

A high and mighty, over confident, Colts team shows up at Reliant thinking that they have this game in the bag, and plan on saving their pretty boy QB so he can break a record at home. PLUS, they have that little snicker grin on their horses butt looking faces planning their NEXT game because they have already shown the lowly TEXANS a thing or two! Well!! I have more faith in our team than for them to allow that to happen! We might get beat, we might not, but our TEXANS will show up and make PM and Co think twice about blowing us off! Just a female rant! I am pi**ed that most everyone thinks this game is a given, to the Colts! Screw that attitude!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #27
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I can only say one thing after that Sandy, "yOu Go Girl"
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2004   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have one other thing to say....this game is a given.

It will be closer than the one in Indy, because we're at home, but there's no way we win this game.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #29
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Well we beat the Titans and the Titans gave the colts a damnnn good battle...SO we could take them...Just depends which Texan team shows up...I hope its the one that fights....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #30
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
depends which Texan team shows up
I want to see the guts and determination of the defense that played the first three quarters on 12/28/2003. This bunch of rag tags damm near did it. I challenge this year's version do do better.

Ioane
DeLoach
Wong
Foreman
Sharper
Foley
Faggins
Coleman
Brown
McCree
Simmons
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #31
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
as for Carr being in the game that late...I'm the type of coach who...if my team is getting pounded like that, I leave the starters in. My philosophy on that is, you created this mess, you lie in it.

That being said, I never coached millionaires, either. Jr High and HS basketball players, yes...
Actually, there was an article in the houston barnicle where Carr was asked why he wasn't pulled early. He stated he didn't think it was fair for him to be resting on the sideline while the team fought out the rest of the game.

As for the rest of you saying this is a given for the glue shoes - shame on you. We can - no - we will win this game. And I'll be screaming as loud as usual to bring home that win. Those donkeys may trot their way into Houston, but they're leaving in a bucket of paste. So if you don't think we can win - stay home and give me your tickets. I'll put some Texans fans in your seats.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #32
p-money
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Regardless of the outcome of our game against the Colts, I hope if they are "saving" PM for a big showoff with the Ravens, that the blackbirds c*** on their parade! They better NOT look past the Texans is all I have to say. We played them and the Pats great competitive games last year, and we beat the Panthers! SO, we are on our turf, and anything can happen! At some point in time the high and mighty take a tumble! MAYBE, just MAYBE the Texans will be the one's to bring them down! I believe they can do it!

A high and mighty, over confident, Colts team shows up at Reliant thinking that they have this game in the bag, and plan on saving their pretty boy QB so he can break a record at home. PLUS, they have that little snicker grin on their horses butt looking faces planning their NEXT game because they have already shown the lowly TEXANS a thing or two! Well!! I have more faith in our team than for them to allow that to happen! We might get beat, we might not, but our TEXANS will show up and make PM and Co think twice about blowing us off! Just a female rant! I am pi**ed that most everyone thinks this game is a given, to the Colts! Screw that attitude!
peyton manning never takes any team lightly, just read his press clipings. and i love the way you call peyton a pretty boy qb when you have david carr over on the sideline worried more about how his hair looks than why he just threw a int.

also to the girl that said the titans gave the colts a good run, uh what game were you watching? did you turn it off after the 1st quarter when the colts rolled up 34 unanswered points?

do the texans have a chance in this game, sure they do, any nfl team has a shot (however little it may be) at another nfl team on any given day. so stop hating on peyton, the guy is a class act on and off the field not to mention the best qb in the league. the facts are simple, to win this game your very inconsistant offense has to score 40+ points and do it by substaining long drives and eating clock.

just remember no lead is safe with this colts offense, we have no prob coming from behind, heck we run the hurry up offense every down. now that ive said that all i dont think it will be a factor because peyton will score at will on your defense and if you turn the ball over again look to get another 49+ points laid on you again. my advice is give the colts the run and hope they decide not to pass it because the run is so open, at least then you wont have insult added to injury by having the toughest record in football broke against you at home. you texan fans should be greatfull that you get a chance to watch the greatest offense in nfl history play live in person. be sure to thank mr. manning for the privlidge of watching him live and sit back and enjoy the show.

p.s. god i hope the colts dont lose after all the smack im talking, nah im not worried.
p-money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #33
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

P-money! I don't think there's a person on this board who disrespects PM, and I don't think any post was meant to lead anyone to believe that. BUT, he is not a one man team! He can, and will, be knocked off his pedestal at some point in time! It might not be this Sunday, and it might not be this year, BUT, he will fall at some point in time, they all do!! I have faith in my football team to give him a run for his money this coming Sunday!! Isn't that what the NFL is about anyway? A competitive spirit! BTW: I have been a PM fan since the beginning of his career, and it does my old heart good to see him succeed. BUT, I am also a crazy TEXAN that will never give up on my team. All I know is that I will be at Reliant Sunday ready to do my part in trying to bring him, and the mighty Colts DOWN!! You can bet your bottom dollar that the 12th man will be there on Sunday!!

AFTER this Sunday!! GO Colts!! I hope they represent the AFC all the way to the SB!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #34
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
Well we beat the Titans and the Titans gave the colts a damnnn good battle...SO we could take them...Just depends which Texan team shows up...I hope its the one that fights....
I'm not going to doubt that the T's can beat the Colts...there is enough talent there, but the Titans didn't play the Colts well...they scored a lot early on a short field after some onsides kicks. They went 3 entire quarters without a score after that. The Oilers...errr...Titans got spanked last Sunday...
Old 12-08-2004   #35
txhoosier
Veteran

I will be at the game on Sunday...albeit working for my company. We volunteer to collect change for the Salvation Army at this game, and being a Colts fan, my boss thought it would be nice to volunteer me. Now I won't get to watch much of the game at all...

I can't even wear my Colts gear, b/c we have to wear company shirts. I am trying to hint to my wife to give me my Colts hat (Christmas Gift) early so I can wear it to the game.

Stop by and drop some pennies in my bucket!! (I'll be the one cheering for the Colts)...

here's to a great game, and NO INJURIES!!!

Note: I HATE that the Texans and Colts are in the same division...I wish the Texans were in the NFC. That way I could root for them every weekend, not just 14 out of the 16 games they play...
Old 12-10-2004   #36
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
I will be at the game on Sunday...albeit working for my company. We volunteer to collect change for the Salvation Army at this game, and being a Colts fan, my boss thought it would be nice to volunteer me. Now I won't get to watch much of the game at all...

I can't even wear my Colts gear, b/c we have to wear company shirts. I am trying to hint to my wife to give me my Colts hat (Christmas Gift) early so I can wear it to the game.

Stop by and drop some pennies in my bucket!! (I'll be the one cheering for the Colts)...

here's to a great game, and NO INJURIES!!!

Note: I HATE that the Texans and Colts are in the same division...I wish the Texans were in the NFC. That way I could root for them every weekend, not just 14 out of the 16 games they play...
update on this...apparently the Texans organization has a policy of NO HATS...the exception being the santa hats that we are going to wear for the Salvation Army...

The wife made me a Colts santa hat, and now I can't wear it!! I don't know why the the Texans organization would have a problem with it, can any of you? [/sarcasm]
Old 12-10-2004   #37
peyton2marvin
Rookie

Quote:

None of the colts are blowing off this game, this is for the division peyton will have the team ready. Maybe colts fans are overlooking the texans but..to be honest we own you 5-0...why should we really care about ya???
peyton2marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #38
BullPenAndy
Rookie

Quote:
I don't think there's a person on this board who disrespects PM,
I don't respect him and here's why. If he is supposed to be the great QB everyone says, why does he waste my time with all the fake audibles? If he is "that good", he should not have to trick the opponent. Line up, call an audible if its warranted, and execute the play.
BullPenAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't being deceptive and hard figure out a part of the game?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #40
BullPenAndy
Rookie

If you are a good enough player you shouldn't have to resort to those tactics. JMO
BullPenAndy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read