Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-02-2008   #1
andre'
Bandwagoner

Rep Power: 12 andre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden cover
Default Dad forced to give up season tickets

My dad is a season ticket holder for the Patriots. My selfish owner who already had the highest ticket prices raised us yet again. Our section went from 125 to 169. That is ridiculous. He has had them since the pats were in Foxboro, i was supposed to take them over. It's a sad time in my household. Hows the pricing in at the Texans games?
andre' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dad forced to give up season tickets

Quote:
The Houston Texans announced their ticket prices for the 2008 season today.

The Texans’ average ticket price in 2008 will be $64.94 per ticket, which is up from $60.66 in 2007. The NFL’s average ticket price in 2007 was $68.33. Prices on more than 8,600 seats will remain unchanged in 2008.

Parking will be increased $5 for each lot, which is the first increase since 2002 for most parking lots. Given the Texans’ ticket price increase (7.05%) versus the league average in 2007 (7.11%), it is anticipated that the Texans will once again be in the bottom third of the NFL in ticket prices.

The Houston Texans celebrated their 60th consecutive sellout at Reliant Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars on the last game of the 2007 season, a Houston NFL record. Also, six consecutive seasons is the longest sellout streak of any professional sports team in Houston history. In addition, the Texans have a very attractive 2008 home schedule where they host Baltimore, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago and Detroit in addition to their divisional rivals.

The Texans are currently accepting applications for the 2008 season ticket priority wait list. To join the Houston Texans' priority wait list, call 866-GOTEXANS or click here.

Houston Texans 2008 Ticket Prices

PHP Code:
Sections 
2007 2008 Change 

-107126-127 
$89.00   $99.00 $10.00

-105108-109124-125128-129 

$89.00   $95.00  $6.00

-103110-111122-123130-131   

$78.00 $86.00 $8.00

112-114119-121132-134139-140

$66.00  $70.00 $4.00

-118135-138  
$56.00  $60.00  $4.00

-511531-537

$72.00  $77.00   $5.00

-504512-515527-530538-541 

$61.00  $65.00 $4.00

-610633-636

$55.00 $56.00  $1.00

-328347-356

$61.00  $65.00 $4.00

-606611-616627-632637-642

$46.00  $46.00  $0.00

-526542-552  

$46.00   $50.00 $4.00

-626643-652

$34.00 $35.00 $1.00

$30.00  $30.00 $0.00 
Link: Texans Announce 2008 Ticket Prices

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 04-02-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

also

Quote:
The NFL remains mostly a holdout to binge seating, but there is an option for big spenders.The Houston Texans last year opened the 500-seat Director's Club that offers unlimited food and drinks. Memberships for the 2009 season cost $1,250.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...ad.php?t=48410
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Team Average price
New England Patriots $90.91
Washington Redskins $88.59
Dallas Cowboys $84.42
New York Giants $80.97
New York Jets $79.87
Baltimore Ravens $76.94
Philadelphia Eagles $76.73
Chicago Bears $76.28
San Diego Chargers $74.82
Kansas City Chiefs $73.92
Denver Broncos $71.93
Minnesota Vikings $71.81
Indianapolis Colts $71.32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $69.71
St. Louis Rams $68.28
Atlanta Falcons $66.59
Miami Dolphins $66.11
Cincinnati Bengals $66.05
Pittsburgh Steelers $66.00
Green Bay Packers $63.39
San Francisco 49ers $62.37
Oakland Raiders $61.19
Houston Texans $60.66
Carolina Panthers $60.19
Seattle Seahawks $59.07
Detroit Lions $59.01
Arizona Cardinals $57.59
New Orleans Saints $56.42
Tennessee Titans $54.09
Cleveland Browns $48.54
Buffalo Bills $46.46
Jacksonville Jaguars $45.19
Average $67.83
Link: Winnings costly, as in 7%..........
Old 04-02-2008   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

With those three 6's in our average price per ticket, you might think Bud "the Bad Rug" Adams owned this team...
Old 04-02-2008   #6
andre'
Bandwagoner

Rep Power: 12 andre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden cover

wow i need to be a jags fan
Old 04-02-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Also note, the Texans price list does not include Club 1 or Club 2 seats, suites or other special seating areas.
Old 04-02-2008   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre' View Post
wow i need to be a jags fan
plenty of seating at all tarp stadium

but I wouldn't wish being a jags fan or a Tiny-ones fan on anybody

Where it is at

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Where it is at

Hell, forget AllTarp they're moving to LA anyway....

(Where's Mootini when you wanna stir the pot?)
Old 04-02-2008   #10
andre'
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Where it is at

If I didnt live in Connecticut Id be all up on the Texans games
Old 04-02-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My dad is a season ticket holder for the Patriots. My selfish owner who already had the highest ticket prices raised us yet again. Our section went from 125 to 169. That is ridiculous. He has had them since the pats were in Foxboro, i was supposed to take them over. It's a sad time in my household. Hows the pricing in at the Texans games?
Can you pitch in so he doesn't lose them? Throw a party and sell jungle juice for 2 bucks a cup or something.......try to find a way to keep them in the family.
Old 04-02-2008   #12
andre'
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Can you pitch in so he doesn't lose them? Throw a party and sell jungle juice for 2 bucks a cup or something.......try to find a way to keep them in the family.
Ha, I wish I could do something. I am only sixteen and don't have my license. Maybe I can sell some juice though. The plan was for me and my cousins to get them in a few years but just not enough money in the family.
Old 04-02-2008   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I didnt live in Connecticut Id be all up on the Texans games
Move. It is a lot cheaper down here for everything.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha, I wish I could do something. I am only sixteen and don't have my license. Maybe I can sell some juice though. The plan was for me and my cousins to get them in a few years but just not enough money in the family.
My bad, I didn't think you were underage, I would never advocate underage partying of any type, sorry to here about you guys losing the tickets.
Old 04-05-2008   #15
IndyDrummer
Rookie

Quote:
Cheating don't come cheap........
IndyDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDrummer View Post
Cheating don't come cheap........
Typical Indy fan, has to prove how classless he is even when the subject does not warrant it. Seriously, what is wrong with you, to even go there when talking to a 16 year old.

WOW what a complete jerk. You are the exact type of person that Tasering was incented for and deserve it.
Old 04-05-2008   #17
IndyDrummer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Typical Indy fan, has to prove how classless he is even when the subject does not warrant it. Seriously, what is wrong with you, to even go there when talking to a 16 year old.

WOW what a complete jerk. You are the exact type of person that Tasering was incented for and deserve it.

Old 04-05-2008   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn, somebody went overboard with their reaction.

Unless you were

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Damn, somebody went overboard with their reaction.

Unless you were
Not really, Sorta sick of trolls coming here and having to give smack talk where it is not wanted or needed. He wants to talk smack, we have a rivalry section for that. Instead he thought he would be funny to be an ass when this young man was talking about losing his season tickets. There was no reason to make the comment he did.
Old 04-07-2008   #20
IndyDrummer
Rookie

Quote:
Not really, Sorta sick of trolls coming here and having to give smack talk where it is not wanted or needed. He wants to talk smack, we have a rivalry section for that. Instead he thought he would be funny to be an ass when this young man was talking about losing his season tickets. There was no reason to make the comment he did.
Look here Sparky, first of all, Im not a troll. I dont have many posts here but if you would bother to look at the ones I do have, this would be obvious. Second of all, I didnt realize you were so sensitive about a team that cheats. If the person that I made the comment to doesnt have a problem with it, why do you? Are you the type of person who runs their mouth about anything to anyone, even when you're not directly involved? Seeing that you have over 5,000 posts, my guess would be yes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read