Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Would this do any good?

Would you play Banks sometime this season?

• Total voters

Wolf

100% Texan
Carr is obviously the Qb of the future,But would it do any good to play Banks. Letting Carr get a different way of running the offense? Carr seems to lock onto one receiver and/or just dump it to DD.. This sin't as absurbed as you think.. He was redshirted at Fresno because he was struggling.. (not saying we bench him for the rest of the season).. Carr himself said it helped him watch and learn from the coaching booth. It slowed the game down for him
http://www.dispatch.com/news/sports00/sept00/407122.html

I don't think that would be a bad thing. I don't think it will happen of course but I remember last season when the team was struggling Banks presence seemed to calm them down. I just see Carr right now as being maybe a little too frustrated and maybe trying too hard for his own good. His passes seem to sail higher on him ever week and he's looking real "happy feet" out there these days. Maybe it would help.

I'm sure putting Banks in would be great for David's confidence, and I know you guys love to talk about "Turnover Tony".

It's also a great way to let the rest of the league know that the Texans are a bunch of quitters.
56_professional.JPG

To me it isn't about "quitting". It is about letting David get some actual game film of someone else running the offense. Just to get him a different viewpoint. Banks is will always be the backup. No questioning that. What I remember about Banks playing when David was hurt ,is that Banks saw the field better and if I am not mistaken. He spread the ball around more.. Of course that was over a year ago

I'm against benching Carr. I think there's a chance that it would shake his confidence, and no matter what the coaches said you know the media would portray it as "QB Controversy: Carr struggling...benched for Journeyman Banks."

If Carr was injured, I would say yes. However, I would say that it would not be a bad idea to change up with Banks for a series to see how the other Team's defense reacts. I believe we are tipping off what we are going to do on offense. The other teams are simply not planning on seeing Banks. He's adequate enough to cause the other team some trouble. When they began to adjust to Banks then return with Carr. We need to mix it up a little to see if we can get something going or figure out why things aren't working.

Wolf said:
It is about letting David get some actual game film of someone else running the offense.
Waxing sentimental over the Tony Banks era? The Texans averaged just under 17 ppg in games in which Banks saw major playing time. And that was when the Texans had some semblance of a running game. When Banks played the entire game, he averaged just over 120 yards passing. Not to mention that Banks can't throw on the move, which automatically limits the Texans offense to pocket passes.

No running game, poor pass protection, and a turnover-prone statue at QB. Sounds like an unmitigated disaster, to be kind. I think if Carr saw that from the sideline, he'd ask for a trade.

Lucky said:
Not to mention that Banks can't throw on the move, which automatically limits the Texans offense to pocket passes.

Pocket passes? We don't have a pocket. :um:

It's more like a hole in our pants, lol.

Carr's a great quarterback and you know, the problems of this team isn't just Carr....This team loses as a team...They need alot of adjustments for the WHOLE team, but benching Carr isn't the answer....I don't think Banks could do any better....If they aren't protecting their quarterback then how is Banks supposed to be any better then Carr???

Banks outplayed Carr last year so I am going to give him a little credit here, but Carr is a better QB than he was last year (and a better QB than Banks overall) and benching him would be foolish at this point. Carr needs every game he can get on tape so he can review all his decisions after the season in order to improve his game for next year.

Wolf said:
To me it isn't about "quitting". It is about letting David get some actual game film of someone else running the offense. Just to get him a different viewpoint. Banks is will always be the backup. No questioning that. What I remember about Banks playing when David was hurt ,is that Banks saw the field better and if I am not mistaken. He spread the ball around more.. Of course that was over a year ago

And some of you complain about Carr always passing the ball to the outlet reciever, well i'd hate to see you guys after banks completed a game, great completion percent, cause he never throws the ball over 10 yards. And i dont think watching that will help carr do what we ALL want him to do ! Air it out like he was in the beginning of the season. I havent seen the long ball MUCH at all recently !

TexansTrueFan said:
And some of you complain about Carr always passing the ball to the outlet reciever, well i'd hate to see you guys after banks completed a game, great completion percent, cause he never throws the ball over 10 yards.
Why don't we stop making stuff up? That would be a better way to throw down an argument. Banks did very well last year when he came in for Carr and threw downfield quite well. That said, he shouldn't replace Carr. No sense in bashing Banks just to try to make Carr look good. That is weak.

haha making stuff up ? I'll admit after the first game he played for us, he got BETTER at throwing it down the field, but he ALWAYS had awesome comlpetion numbers and thats why. I dont think i was dreaming all of last season, and i am not trying to make carr look good by talking about banks, cause carr is doing now the same thing banks was doing then !

We are lucky to have TB as a backup. He's better than some other teams' starting QB's.

That being said, I do not think it is a good idea to bench Carr at this point. He needs the reps to continue his learning process. And the more game-time that he and his receivers get together, the better. You never know what plants will grow into from the seeds you plant today.

Back