Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-31-2008   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We now know the actual draft order

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but the compensatory picks have now been announced. So, we now know the overall draft order. The Texans' picks are:
Pick 18, Round 1: Pick 18 overall
Pick 16, Round 3: Pick 79 overall
Pick 19, Round 4: Pick 118 overall
Pick 18, Round 5: Pick 151 overall
Pick 16, Round 7: Pick 223 overall

There will be 252 total draft picks this year.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We now know the actual draft order

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but the compensatory picks have now been announced. So, we now know the overall draft order. The Texans' picks are:
Pick 18, Round 1: Pick 18 overall
Pick 16, Round 3: Pick 79 overall
Pick 19, Round 4: Pick 118 overall
Pick 18, Round 5: Pick 151 overall
Pick 16, Round 7: Pick 223 overall

There will be 252 total draft picks this year.
Texans lack of draft picks screams trade down but if they can't or love the player availble @ #18 I'd take this right now - (gone- Chris Williams, DRC, Derrick Harvey, Jonathan Stewart).

Pick 18, Round 1: Pick 18 overall Brandon Albert, OT/OG 6-6 309

Pick 16, Round 3: Pick 79 overall Antwaun Molden, CB 6-1 198

Pick 19, Round 4: Pick 118 overall Kevin Smith, RB 6-1 217

Pick 18, Round 5: Pick 151 overall Jeremy Zuttah, OT 6-4 303

Pick 16, Round 7: Pick 223 overall Darnell Terrell, CB 6-2 203

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the info on draft picks!

Beerlover- not sure if those players will be available that late (smith-4th, zuttah-5th) but I think that would be an incredible draft- love the mock!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Thanks for the info on draft picks!

Beerlover- not sure if those players will be available that late (smith-4th, zuttah-5th) but I think that would be an incredible draft- love the mock!
of course no one knows for sure, however using NFL Draft Scout rating services all would still be on the board when the Texans select, so its realistic as possible @ this point in the process, heck I was even surprised & there where other tantalizing picks available which bodes well for the 08 class.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #5
camron1269
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 camron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVP

i doubt zuttah will be there in the 5th but if he is id be real happy
camron1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
of course no one knows for sure, however using NFL Draft Scout rating services all would still be on the board when the Texans select, so its realistic as possible @ this point in the process, heck I was even surprised & there where other tantalizing picks available which bodes well for the 08 class.
Traget rich enviroment this year. Not a lot of super stars but a lot of good blue chip blue collar sack lunch guys. I could see them getting two straters and three back ups/special teams players with this group. easily.
Old 04-01-2008   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN Hashmark's Matt Mosley has provided a NFL draft order sortable spreadsheet.

Finally, something of value emerging from Bristol.
Old 04-02-2008   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texans lack of draft picks screams trade down but if they can't or love the player availble @ #18 I'd take this right now - (gone- Chris Williams, DRC, Derrick Harvey, Jonathan Stewart).

Pick 18, Round 1: Pick 18 overall Brandon Albert, OT/OG 6-6 309

Pick 16, Round 3: Pick 79 overall Antwaun Molden, CB 6-1 198

Pick 19, Round 4: Pick 118 overall Kevin Smith, RB 6-1 217

Pick 18, Round 5: Pick 151 overall Jeremy Zuttah, OT 6-4 303

Pick 16, Round 7: Pick 223 overall Darnell Terrell, CB 6-2 203
I'd do cart wheels over that even though I am not sold on Albert. Excellent picks all the way, but not sure Terrell will be there at 7. Like it, Like!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read