Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2008   #41
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brown and Frye re-signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Who is starting consistently in the NFL at safety that is worse?

Hint: It's a short list
It maybe short, but do not forget most of the time CC Brown has been starting at Safety (either one) we have had no real pass rush or blitzing scheme and also there has been Faggins (Who's defense ressembles the unmentionable dept at Foleys during a Red Apple sale. Leaving lingerie all over the field).

So take that into account when evaluating him.
Old 04-01-2008   #42
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
It maybe short, but do not forget most of the time CC Brown has been starting at Safety (either one) we have had no real pass rush or blitzing scheme and also there has been Faggins (Who's defense ressembles the unmentionable dept at Foleys during a Red Apple sale. Leaving lingerie all over the field).

So take that into account when evaluating him.
He's still garbage.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #43
Polo

Someone is going to have to push really hard to knock CC out of the starting rotation...
Old 04-01-2008   #44
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Suck it up. We can't have killer players and talent on all positions. CC will, if put in the right situation with the right peope, work just fine.
Old 04-01-2008   #45
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

yes, we can't put All-Pros at every position, nor do we need to to be effective. The great teams of the past were not infallible. The Patriots, The Colts, The Cowboys of the 90's, They are all strong teams but not made of all superstars. Not to mention the fact that it's not economically feasible to have high talent levels at every position at the same time, the salary would be double the allowable cap at least. We have made great strides recently and I'm sure we will continue to do so. Do not dwell on weaknesses based on unrealistic expectations or desires. Enjoy the game and the quest for the final goal.
Old 04-01-2008   #46
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
The signing I'm most interested in is Frye. I thought last year he was a great pick and was hoping he would do well in TC and maybe crack the starting lineup later in the year. But alas, it was not ment to be and Frye went down the 1st day of TC with an injury and never really was able to show anything. I still think he is a good fit in the ZB system, and now with Gibbs here, I'm hoping he will be able to flourish and solidify a spot in the line. Kubes said last year after they drafted him that he has all the tools. He just needs the reps! JMHO!
I to am most intrigued by the Frye signing, though I didn't share your optimism about expecting the 6th round pick to "crack the starting lineup" last year as a rookie.
But this guy is an athletic specimen who has got ZB lineman written all over
him, whether at tackle or inside at center/guard. Lets hope last years injury
was a fluke and he's go the durability to get thru the long NFL season and adapt and yea, maybe flourish under Gibbs and his system.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #47
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I to am most intrigued by the Frye signing, though I didn't share your optimism about expecting the 6th round pick to "crack the starting lineup" last year as a rookie.
But this guy is an athletic specimen who has got ZB lineman written all over
him, whether at tackle or inside at center/guard. Lets hope last years injury
was a fluke and he's go the durability to get thru the long NFL season and adapt and yea, maybe flourish under Gibbs and his system.
The Texans have really changed the guard position in a short amount of time.

Dan Stevenson, Mike Brisiel, Kasey Studdard, and Brandon Frye. All these guys are young. I think Studdard has a good chance of starting alot next year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2008   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Harrison but Glenn Earl may have something to say about the position. If we can lock in the starting CB and the linebackers are better as Kubes expects and the Dline moves one year better, the safeties may not be as bad as many expect.
Old 04-01-2008   #49
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as C.C. is being maligned, I'm not so sure he isn't a victim of his surroundings. A Strong Safety is NOT a cover-corner, NOR is he the burner you need in a Free Safety.

He's expected to be a big hitter (which CC is) and to cover additional non-primary wideouts when the package / alignment call for it.

Want C.C. to look like an All-Pro? Surround him with two at least "good" CBs and an excellent FS....then we'll talk.
Old 04-01-2008   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
As much as C.C. is being maligned, I'm not so sure he isn't a victim of his surroundings. A Strong Safety is NOT a cover-corner, NOR is he the burner you need in a Free Safety.

He's expected to be a big hitter (which CC is) and to cover additional non-primary wideouts when the package / alignment call for it.

Want C.C. to look like an All-Pro? Surround him with two at least "good" CBs and an excellent FS....then we'll talk.
there you go
Old 04-01-2008   #51
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That excuse works for every player on the field. Get two good safties and our CB's look good.

Get a good secondary our Dline gets more sacks.

Get a good pass rush our secondary looks good.

blah blah blah, CC brown is not a starting quality SS or FS.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 04-01-2008   #52
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:

I dont want him to look like an All-Pro I want him or his replacement to be one. How about we get a safety who can actually help our corners over the top.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2008   #53
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
That excuse works for every player on the field. Get two good safties and our CB's look good.

Get a good secondary our Dline gets more sacks.

Get a good pass rush our secondary looks good.

blah blah blah, CC brown is not a starting quality SS or FS.
Whom would you have signed and put in his place, I can not think of any FA this year that did not get over paid or who were signed to huge contracts that would not have been beneficial to the teams future and progress in rebuilding without killing the cap.
Old 04-01-2008   #54
Polo

Quote:
How about we get a safety who can actually help our corners over the top.
I actually think the Texans biggest problem in pass coverage is the intermediate stuff... 10-15 yards past the LOS...

I'd put that mostly on the corners, nickel back and LB's....
Old 04-01-2008   #55
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Whom would you have signed and put in his place, I can not think of any FA this year that did not get over paid or who were signed to huge contracts that would not have been beneficial to the teams future and progress in rebuilding without killing the cap.
There was nobody to replace him this year. Im not against the signing at all. There was no other option. But the Texans NEED to start looking for a replacement whether it be in the draft (maybe kenny Phillips) this year or next year. Or maybe in FA next year I dont know. But IMO they gotta start searching.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2008   #56
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I actually think the Texans biggest problem in pass coverage is the intermediate stuff... 10-15 yards past the LOS...

I'd put that mostly on the corners, nickel back and LB's....
Tell Lee Evans that.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2008   #57
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
There was nobody to replace him this year. Im not against the signing at all. There was no other option. But the Texans NEED to start looking for a replacement whether it be in the draft (maybe kenny Phillips) this year or next year. Or maybe in FA next year I dont know. But IMO they gotta start searching.
Quote:
Tell Lee Evans that.
I honestly think they are looking or they would have given Brown more than a 1 year deal.

As soon as Faggins catches up to Evans I will make sure he tells him that.
Old 04-01-2008   #58
Polo

Quote:
Tell Lee Evans that.
Sure, right after you prove that a safety should have been playing over the top. Better yet, maybe you can break down the tape and show me that Brown should have been back there.

Maybe Faggins should play safety.
Old 04-01-2008   #59
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Sure, right after you prove that a safety should have been playing over the top.

Maybe Faggins should play safety.
I think after the second or maybe third 80 yard TD the coaches probably would have figured it out.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2008   #60
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
I honestly think they are looking or they would have given Brown more than a 1 year deal.

As soon as Faggins catches up to Evans I will make sure he tells him that.
I definitely think they are looking to. Just argueing that CC isnt starter material.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read