Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2008   #1
MarioWrecksIt

Default Houston Texans on the Clock

Our little segment on ESPN. It's mostly the same crap that everyone has been saying since the season ended but it's national media talking about the team so it's worth looking at.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2459789
Old 03-30-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Houston Texans on the Clock

Interesting how they didn't even bring up the OL. Do they think that Salaam is the long term LT?
Old 03-30-2008   #3
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Interesting how they didn't even bring up the OL. Do they think that Salaam is the long term LT?
Noticed the same thing myself. Apparently Houston's OL is no longer on the national media hot seat.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda getting old with the whole QB controversy. Like TRJ said, I'm surprised that they didn't bring up the offensive line, maniely LT. No mention of Chris Brown, just how bad Ahman Green is.
Old 03-30-2008   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

They dont care about Houston Texas....

They care about the patriots, the jets, the giants, the steelers, the closer to brostol, the more important you are....

unless your team has issues, alot of issues *caugh*cowboys*cough*

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Draft an LT please.
Old 03-30-2008   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Disapointing piece. Nice to see Jaws input about Schaub and him being the guy at QB. Good to see mention of the AFC South as the best division.

No mention of Chris Brown or Reeves signing. But if we had made a bigger name splash it'd be different. Both singing were smart good moves that I think will pay good dividends. Winning will cure the lack of national media coverage and I hope we're under the radar to start the year to be honest.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2008   #8
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Noticed the same thing myself. Apparently Houston's OL is no longer on the national media hot seat.
very true, i dont think its because salaam is the answer but because we have a QB that is not David Carr. i dont think Carr knew how to throw the ball away. im just glad Mr. Mittens is out of Houston and we can start gaining some ground in the AFC South.
Old 03-30-2008   #9
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

That sure was an awkward 10 seconds at the end of the video...
Old 03-30-2008   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In all fairness the analyst had to get back to covering whether or not the cowpies will trade up for McFadden, or will the pats sign moss...oh wait that happened, or where will Matt Ryan go, or will pacman Jones be traded to the cowpies, or what about spygate?

Who really wants to hear accurate news on classy, up and coming organization, when there is so much regurgitated, redundant crap to sift through and previously offered opinions to be re-stated? ... ----> ---->
Old 03-30-2008   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I have to say i enjoyed watching all of Ahman Green's 2007 carries in that video.

EDIT:I watched the actual televised one, and that was the one that had the footage.

Last edited by Ryan; 03-30-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Winning will cure the lack of national media coverage and I hope we're under the radar to start the year to be honest.

well stated. rep. i totally agree.
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
haha, i thought i was the only one who noticed.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Oline is no longer an issue (sarcasm) as Salaam will continue to play better than expect and that stalwart Jordan Black will again amaze me by playing the important role of Bench warmer. Go Jordan, Go Jordan.

ps: Williams, please drop to #18.
Old 03-31-2008   #15
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...an ESPN segment on the Texans draft where Mario was mentioned, but not Bush or Young. I'm stunned.
Old 03-31-2008   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
awkwaaard!
Old 03-31-2008   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Wow...an ESPN segment on the Texans draft where Mario was mentioned, but not Bush or Young. I'm stunned.
In the televised one they talked about how Bush led the Saints to an NFC Championship and that that was still the correct pick. I hate Kiper.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
In the televised one they talked about how Bush led the Saints to an NFC Championship and that that was still the correct pick. I hate Kiper.
Yeah I love when he is wrong and the other TV talking heads make fun of him.

BTW Disturbed, you're on the clock.
Old 03-31-2008   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you watched it on the web it was probably cut from the raw footage direct from the studio. I didn't see the tv segment so I don't know but sometimes for web material they are editing it and throwing bumpers on the beginning and ending.

if it WAS the same on the tv segment then it's one more shot at espn. they couldn't even fill the entire segment with a discussion about the Texans.
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
I hate Kiper.
What a putz Kiper has become. I'm watching the draft on NFL Network this year. A Kiper-free zone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read