Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-29-2008   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans Sign Up for a Piece of the Pie

At first, I thought that this was a hoax site reporting a fake story:[][Link]

Eugene Levy To Play In Preseason Game For The Houston Texans

Quote:

Last week actor Billy Crystal had the honor of suiting up for The New York Yankees in a Spring Training baseball game. Crystal's appearance in pin stripes seems to be setting a trend in Hollywood, as it was announced this morning that actor Eugene Levy will see some on-field action in a preseason game for the NFL's Houston Texans.
Levy, who is best known for his roles in the 'American Pie' films and Canada's 'SCTV', claims to be the world's biggest Houston Texans fan. "I've been a huge Texans fan since they entered the league in 2002. I never miss a game, and even had a chance to see them play live in Kansas City two years ago. I'm their biggest supporter," said an excited Levy, who was wearing an autographed David Carr Texans Jersey.
It's still unclear what role Levy will play in the Texans first preseason game. "Ya know, I haven't really seen Eugene in action yet, but from early discussions with him we might decide to use him in a blocking role, such as a full back or tight end," said Texans Coach Gary Kubiack. Kubiack also went on to say that this isn't just a publicity stunt to raise the teams profile. "Eugene will see some serious playing time. We plan on using his at key times early in the game, and he won't be taken out until he gets injured, or if he decides to quit."

But, as it turns out, it appears to be legitimate (although I have not seen it reported locally anywhere): [Corroborating Link]

After some consideration, since this was about a "Houston Texans player," I decided to post it in this forum.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-29-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: fix links
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans Sign Up for a Piece of the Pie

Quote:
Last week actor Billy Crystal had the honor of suiting up for The New York Yankees in a Spring Training baseball game. Crystal's appearance in pin stripes seems to be setting a trend in Hollywood, as it was announced this morning that actor Eugene Levy will see some on-field action in a preseason game for the NFL's Houston Texans.
Levy, who is best known for his roles in the 'American Pie' films and Canada's 'SCTV', claims to be the world's biggest Houston Texans fan. "I've been a huge Texans fan since they entered the league in 2002. I never miss a game, and even had a chance to see them play live in Kansas City two years ago. I'm their biggest supporter," said an excited Levy, who was wearing an autographed David Carr Texans Jersey.
It's still unclear what role Levy will play in the Texans first preseason game. "Ya know, I haven't really seen Eugene in action yet, but from early discussions with him we might decide to use him in a blocking role, such as a full back or tight end," said Texans Coach Gary Kubiack. Kubiack also went on to say that this isn't just a publicity stunt to raise the teams profile. "Eugene will see some serious playing time. We plan on using his at key times early in the game, and he won't be taken out until he gets injured, or if he decides to quit."
???? on the bolded part.

Your links aren't working, so I'm still questioning the reliability of this (especially give the Carr jersey).
Old 03-29-2008   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
???? on the bolded part.

Your links aren't working, so I'm still questioning the reliability of this (especially give the Carr jersey).
Sorry, I corrected the links..........and despite the Carr comment and the Kubiak mispells, it seems to be legitimate.
Old 03-29-2008   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well sorry, but, I've never heard of Eugene Levy. Guess I need to get off this board and get out more!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry, I corrected the links..........and despite the Carr comment and the Kubiak mispells, it seems to be legitimate.
Your link is just a blog. A blog that doesn't link to any story. Anybody can write anything in a blog.

I'm guessing it is meant to be a satirical comment on allowing Billy Crystal to do spring training.
Old 03-29-2008   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default April 1st comes early?

Quote:
At first, I thought that this was a hoax site reporting a fake story
First impressions are usually the best.

Quote:
Levy will attend some of the Texans off-season workouts, as he eagerly anticipates the release of the NFL's preseason schedule. He also announced he will be hosting a screening of his 2004 film 'New York Minute' for his new teammates. The film stars himself and the Olsen Twins, who play twins with opposing personalities who have a series of misadventures around the city of New York.
The thought of the Texans getting together to watch a Olsen Twins movie is funny. But if you have to watch a Eugene Levy film, I recommend Splash.
Old 03-29-2008   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this should be moved to the really bad Canadian humor forum?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2008   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The film stars himself and the Olsen Twins, who play twins.
Y'all are missing the boat. In this film, the twins are going to play...twins. Who'd a thunk it?
Old 03-29-2008   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna have to say the best Eugene Levy movie is Best in Show.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'm gonna have to say the best Eugene Levy movie is Best in Show.
[IMG]Photo of Eugene Levy: THIS guy is going to play?[/IMG]

Absolutely. By a mile. Best in Show is the best movie of its kind if you like improvisational humor. It has a lot of the same stars from Spinal Tapp...so it follows that same sort of humor.

This is a huge joke, IMO. Kubiak is NOT the sort of guy who is going to allow Eugene Levy to play for extended times "until he gets injured," which would happen on THE first point of contact he'd encounter.

I think the blog entry was satirical, on the heels of the Billy Crystal experiment. Blogger paired Eugene and the Texans to make a statement of both of those being geeks/unathletic.

I enjoyed the giggle, though, CND.
Old 03-29-2008   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely. By a mile. Best in Show is the best movie of its kind if you like improvisational humor. It has a lot of the same stars from Spinal Tapp...so it follows that same sort of humor.

This is a huge joke, IMO. Kubiak is NOT the sort of guy who is going to allow Eugene Levy to play for extended times "until he gets injured," which would happen on THE first point of contact he'd encounter.

I think the blog entry was satirical, on the heels of the Billy Crystal experiment. Blogger paired Eugene and the Texans to make a statement of both of those being geeks/unathletic.

Old 03-29-2008   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Default Re: April 1st comes early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
First impressions are usually the best.

The thought of the Texans getting together to watch a Olsen Twins movie is funny. But if you have to watch a Eugene Levy film, I recommend Splash.
I invite you all to the premiere showing of my new endeavor "Dumber and Dumbsh*t"...............I'll be the one playing the latter..........
Old 03-29-2008   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

SOOOOO, that's who Eugene Levy is!!! Now, I'll have to pick myself up off the floor! This thread is just to damn funny! The poor man would be killed on the first play!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Y'all are missing the boat. In this film, the twins are going to play...twins. Who'd a thunk it?
With their talent levels, that may be a streatch.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe when I see it, and I won't ever see it.

Unless he is going to be the ball boy. He couldn't even hold the ball for KB on an extra point.
Old 03-29-2008   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: April 1st comes early?

Quote:
I invite you all to the premiere showing of my new endeavor "Dumber and Dumbsh*t"...............I'll be the one playing the latter..........
Old 03-29-2008   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's ever a movie made about the Texans, Levy could play DC. They have about the same ability at QB. Since Carr will be out of the league by then, maybe he could be Levy's stunt double.
Old 03-29-2008   #18
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we did have David Carr behind center for 5 years. Levy could easily do what Carr did.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #19
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

April 1st isn't for a couple days.
Old 03-30-2008   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is hogwash, But I would love to see him get his grill mashed

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read