Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-28-2008   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1994 San Francisco 49ers

Did anyone catch "America's Game" on NFLN last night? (last night being Thursday, 27 March)

They did the '94 San Francisco 49ers season, and I'd forgotten what a dynamic year it was for them. Steve Young got benched during a game early in the season, and he went off on HC George Seifert. During his in-game rant, he's yapping in the ear of his QB coach, none other than Gary Kubiak! Which is the main reason I started this thread, just to chat about how cool it was to see Kubiak and Shanahan on the staff that year. Kubiak was very calm with Young, and that rant evidently galvanized his teammates to get behind him, leading to a Super Bowl run.

For some reason, I always enjoy seeing footage of Kubiak in those NFL Films documentaries. I never felt that way about Capers, but I guess I just feel that Kubiak is "the man" and has a good grip on what it takes to build a championship team after all the stuff he's experienced as a player and assistance coach. The dude has a coolness factor about him, and he always seems in control of his emotions.
Old 03-28-2008   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1994 San Francisco 49ers

Kubiak is the man, I have said it before and I will say it now, I want a Cowher-esque reign from him.

Lock him up loooooong term, Rick Smith too.
Old 03-28-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

It was on the TV today and I stopped it and pointed it out to my wife. She was like "Wow. That's a young Kubiak!"
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I've seen cooler Kubiak action on NFL network. They showed a shot of him in uniform during his years as a back up QB during one of the Super Bowls that the Broncos appeared in under Elway.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read