Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-29-2008   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: State of the Texans tonight on NFL Total Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Chargers had 2 great starters and one good nickel cornerback Cromartie, Jammer, and Florence. The pats also had a nice secondary last year. The Giants had alot of things going for them last year on defense. They put more pressure on QBs than any other team, however their secondary was stronger than ours last year as well.

Denver only has the 2 studs on the outside. Their depth at corner is terrible, after, sadly, their most promising young corner died.

We have already focused on winning the trenches. We could always use more help in the trenches, but we need a talented corner terribly.
whut he said.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chargers had 2 great starters and one good nickel cornerback Cromartie, Jammer, and Florence. The pats also had a nice secondary last year. The Giants had alot of things going for them last year on defense. They put more pressure on QBs than any other team, however their secondary was stronger than ours last year as well.

Denver only has the 2 studs on the outside. Their depth at corner is terrible, after, sadly, their most promising young corner died.

We have already focused on winning the trenches. We could always use more help in the trenches, but we need a talented corner terribly.
i disagree.. we need another decent guy probably but we dont need a 1st rd'er imo

yeah they had what i said we need- two good cb's and a decent nickel.. they beat the colts 2 yrs ago too when cromartie wasnt a starter.. again through dominating up front... all those teams strength was in the front 7 with a decent secondary

a healthy dunta, fred bennett, will demps, harrison/earl etc is a decent secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Denver?
The Colts didn't play Denver last year.
I'm missing your point.
remember all those playoff games when the colts trounced denver.. so denver went out and got williams, foxworth and paymah as well as champ (and later bly) and their pass D still underachieves because they lack d-line strength

im just saying we should take a look at harvey (unlikely) or merling at #18 instead of a cb
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #43
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the keys to beating the Colts is to rough up their WRs coming off the line. That thows off the timing that they rely on and allows the D-line pressure a bit more time to get to Payton. Pats did that and so did the Steelers when they beat them. IMO, zone doesn't seem to work well against Payton as he finds the holes in the defense quickly, so press man coverage is what we need to work with if we are going to be able to handle them. I think Bennet and Reeves can play that type of game and I know Dunta could.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #44
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO. But if that Aqib CB available hes the #18 pick believe that.
No Aqib, no thank you..I will pass...Cromartie or jenkins...i really would like Vernon Gholston but I really doubt he will be there. I just can't forget the Missouri game when talking about aqib.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #45
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Denver?
The Colts didn't play Denver last year.
I'm missing your point.

And I agree, basic football 101 says the foundation to a successful offense and defense needs to be your O-line and D-line. I don't think I said any different.

Our D-line is 3/4ths complete. One good, solid DE to replace Weaver and we're set - at least for a while.
We hired Gibbs to school the O-line guys we've been picking up in the draft and thru F/A over the last two years. And I expect us to draft a OT in this year's 1st round and probably pickup a project among the undrafted F/A crowd.

Bottom line, IMHO, is our O-line is a lot closer to being "ready" than our defensive backfield. So if we only have one First-Day pick, I say use it on a stud DB.
I think the colts did play denver. AFC south played the AFC west in 2007.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #46
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
One of the keys to beating the Colts is to rough up their WRs coming off the line. That thows off the timing that they rely on and allows the D-line pressure a bit more time to get to Payton. Pats did that and so did the Steelers when they beat them. IMO, zone doesn't seem to work well against Payton as he finds the holes in the defense quickly, so press man coverage is what we need to work with if we are going to be able to handle them. I think Bennet and Reeves can play that type of game and I know Dunta could.
I agree 100%

but

You could also say that one of the best ways to beat the colts is to have a great pass rush and keep Peyton off balance or on his A$$ all game.

and

To have a great running game and keep their offense off the field for the majority of the game. Remember the game when Ron Dayne went off on the colts and we won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #47
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I just found out I can go to the DirecTV website and schedule my DVR at home to record something even though I am not there. Talk about your modern technology. I just set it up to record the 9:30 showing of total access. What will they think of next, some kind of robot lawn mower or some high tech gadget with an onscreen map in your car.
Do you have to have your telephone cord hooked up to it to be able to do that?
Old 03-29-2008   #48
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I agree 100%

but

You could also say that one of the best ways to beat the colts is to have a great pass rush and keep Peyton off balance or on his A$$ all game.

and

To have a great running game and keep their offense off the field for the majority of the game. Remember the game when Ron Dayne went off on the colts and we won.
All very true. If we can do all three reasonably well, it will make the task a whole lot easier.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Manning? Here's how you take care of Manning.

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of the leg. Right at the bottom. His weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

He'll never follow through on anything. He'll quit the game.
Old 03-29-2008   #50
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of the leg. Right at the bottom. His weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

I was expecting a Sniper on top of the stadium comment but I guess that will do to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #51
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080487/quotes
Old 03-30-2008   #52
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i disagree.. we need another decent guy probably but we dont need a 1st rd'er imo

yeah they had what i said we need- two good cb's and a decent nickel.. they beat the colts 2 yrs ago too when cromartie wasnt a starter.. again through dominating up front... all those teams strength was in the front 7 with a decent secondary

a healthy dunta, fred bennett, will demps, harrison/earl etc is a decent secondary

remember all those playoff games when the colts trounced denver.. so denver went out and got williams, foxworth and paymah as well as champ (and later bly) and their pass D still underachieves because they lack d-line strength

im just saying we should take a look at harvey (unlikely) or merling at #18 instead of a cb
I agree with Maddict5 here. I'll add that we picked up Jaques Reeves. He may be able to play our cb2 position until Dunta comes back. As much as Faggins is disliked by fans he is a decent nickel back. If the Texans do draft a cb in the 1st then it may be Dunta's last year with us. If Dunta comes back and plays lights out then he will be up for a big payday after this season. That along with a first round cb and the Reeves signing may be more than the Texans want to invest at that position.

Harvey would be better suited for the Texans than Merling imho. He seems to be the better pure pass rusher which is what we need.

I still hope the Texans draft a LT in the first unless all the top LT are gone including Albert. The LT position has been a revolving door since the Texans began.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #53
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cromartie is an elite corner, and Florence is much better than a decent nickel. Florence was a pretty good starter before Cromartie knocked him off his starting roll. He makes a great nickel corner and a good starting corner. When Cromartie wasn't starting, Florence was, and Cromartie was playing the nickel, so the same applies. Great secondary that led the league in turnovers last year and have been a great secondary for the last 2 years atleast. They also have McCree. There is no way you could convince me that San Diego hasn't had an elite secondary the last two years.

EDIT: The Chargers also have S Eric Weddle out of Utah (taken at the top of the second round, pick #37), who had a great rookie season last year. He had 53 tackles, an interception, and 6 PDef. He also had a pick against the Colts in the playoffs. He is an athletic guy who played alot of safety and also played inside on nickel and dime situations. He is so athletic, and tackles so well, they they decided to use him at nickel and dimeback as a rookie. That's what good secondaries can do. They have guys that can match up well with receivers. There isn't a receiver on the Colts roster that I would want Fletcher, or Faggins to match up with. Not a single receiver.
Quote:
Dunta won't be healthy all year next year. First off he is going to be out for most of the season, and then he is still not going to be 100% for the rest of the season. Even if he was, our depth at corner is terrible. Reeves, Faggins, and Fletcher as our #2,3,4 (#3,4,5 when Dunta comes back). That's bad depth. I thought that much would be obvious considering how badly we got beat by average WRs sometimes. Lee Evans anyone?

Quote:
Williams died. Foxworth is a decent #4, a liablity at #3. Paymah isn't worth a graham cracker, as bad if not worse than Petey or Fletcher. Behind them they have Christian Morton, Karl Paymah, and Lamont Reid. Ever heard of them, yea me neither.

You use Denver as if they are the prototypical secondary, but they aren't. In fact, I'd be suprised if Denver didn't go for a corner before the 4th or 5th round in this draft.

As I said before, Denver has the two guys on the outside, none of their other players are worthy of even seeing PT besides MAYBE Foxworth who is less than decent at that.

Another thing: Our front seven is better than Denvers'.

Quote:
I don't know. I think we could find a pass rusher in the later rounds. Weaver is good against the run, and I think all he needs is a fresh pass rusher to sub with him. We've already got our bonafide DE, I don't see a reason for paying Mario, Weaver (who gets paid alot), AND the new rookie DE big money. That would be 3 of our highest paid players all DEs. You wouldn't even have a chance to put them all on the field at the same time.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 03-30-2008 at 11:36 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #54
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
As much as Faggins is disliked by fans he is a decent nickel back.
Faggins is a bad nickel back, and he is terrible on the outside . He gets beat constantly. He leaves the receiver like 15 yards because of his lack of athletic ability. Inside at nickel, your suppose to play your receivers up close, which is something that Faggins struggles at constantly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #55
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I didn't think it was that bad of a segment.
agreed. hated the pick but the herd has Stewart sloted there. Better than Lincon Kenedy is all I know. With the prospect & inury history of our current RB stable...it's not to surprising. Someone loves Taylor. I'll believe a first round Rb when I see taylor, and or Green, hit the waiver wire.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-30-2008 at 12:35 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #56
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
From what I have been reading, Aqib's elevator is a bit slow and he may have trouble understanding the pro game and its complexities.
Well that fits...all I know is that you've been running the "W" drill for eight years, and you still don't get it....that's going to be bit of problem at the next level. I don't care what his number are.
Old 03-30-2008   #57
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cromartie is an elite corner, and Florence is much better than a decent nickel. Florence was a pretty good starter before Cromartie knocked him off his starting roll. He makes a great nickel corner and a good starting corner. When Cromartie wasn't starting, Florence was, and Cromartie was playing the nickel, so the same applies. Great secondary that led the league in turnovers last year and have been a great secondary for the last 2 years atleast. They also have McCree. There is no way you could convince me that San Diego hasn't had an elite secondary the last two years.

EDIT: The Chargers also have S Eric Weddle out of Utah (taken at the top of the second round, pick #37), who had a great rookie season last year. He had 53 tackles, an interception, and 6 PDef. He also had a pick against the Colts in the playoffs. He is an athletic guy who played alot of safety and also played inside on nickel and dime situations. He is so athletic, and tackles so well, they they decided to use him at nickel and dimeback as a rookie. That's what good secondaries can do. They have guys that can match up well with receivers. There isn't a receiver on the Colts roster that I would want Fletcher, or Faggins to match up with. Not a single receiver.

Dunta won't be healthy all year next year. First off he is going to be out for most of the season, and then he is still not going to be 100% for the rest of the season. Even if he was, our depth at corner is terrible. Reeves, Faggins, and Fletcher as our #2,3,4 (#3,4,5 when Dunta comes back). That's bad depth. I thought that much would be obvious considering how badly we got beat by average WRs sometimes. Lee Evans anyone?

Williams died. Foxworth is a decent #4, a liablity at #3. Paymah isn't worth a graham cracker, as bad if not worse than Petey or Fletcher. Behind them they have Christian Morton, Karl Paymah, and Lamont Reid. Ever heard of them, yea me neither.

You use Denver as if they are the prototypical secondary, but they aren't. In fact, I'd be suprised if Denver didn't go for a corner before the 4th or 5th round in this draft.

As I said before, Denver has the two guys on the outside, none of their other players are worthy of even seeing PT besides MAYBE Foxworth who is less than decent at that.

I don't know. I think we could find a pass rusher in the later rounds. Weaver is good against the run, and I think all he needs is a fresh pass rusher to sub with him. We've already got our bonafide DE, I don't see a reason for paying Mario, Weaver (who gets paid alot), AND the new rookie DE big money. That would be 3 of our highest paid players all DEs. You wouldn't even have a chance to put them all on the field at the same time.
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Blake in the 4th or 5th. Could get 1st round talent at that spot. Low risk high reward.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #58
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yeah the chargers have/had a good secondary.. im not denying that- but they had a front 7 who pressurised maning alot also like the steelers, pats, etc and imo thats how you beat manning- great front 7 + good/ decent secondary

and i used denver as a example of a team who focused on cb's instead of front 4

i do think we need another cb... just think it might be able to be filled in the 3/4 ala freddy.. i take your point getting with a pass- rushing DE in the mid rounds though although fyi, #18 DE wouldn't be a big earner (comparatively) and we're not in any form of cap trouble
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #59
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who might have missed it NFL.com has the video up on the site.....

nfl.com Total Access

nfl.com Path to the Draft

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #60
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:

First off...we have no one quick enough to get a hand on much less rough up Marvin....for that matter Gonzales. Nope, the only way to get to the clots is to get to Manning. and the only way to do that is with pressure straight up the middle. The more traffic that bumps him the less concentrtion he has down the field. It bothers him...alot. Get him on the ground a couple of times, he's toast for the rest of the game. He is not the same QB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read