Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2008   #21
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: State of the Texans tonight on NFL Total Access

I didn't think it was that bad of a segment.
Old 03-28-2008   #22
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
What should they have said?

Those are the needs are they not?

Damn you, logic has no place on a message board!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #23
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Did I miss the Texans Top 10 Plays of the Year segment or was it just not there? Usually they'll have a player come on & talk about the team. Then at the end of the show they show the top 10 plays of the year for that team. We didn't have a player in studio, but it did seem as if they interviewed Schaub. But I missed the top 10 plays segment.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pretty disappointed in the segment. It was very vanilla. I guess I had my hopes up that they might do something shocking like analyze our team half as good as most of the posters on this board.

Old 03-29-2008   #25
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO. But if that Aqib CB available hes the #18 pick believe that.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #26
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Fred Bennett was good, but I agree with the guys on NFL Network. We need another stud CB back there.
We still don't know if he'll be a stud CB or not. His first game partnered with Dunta (the game Dunta was injured), Fred Bennett had a career game. I still think they have the chemistry and skill to become a great CB tandem. :o Partly because Freddy was tutored by Dunta at USC (South Carolina, not So-Cal, before I get corrected. lol).
Old 03-29-2008   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We are not going to pick a RB has are first draft choice i know 100%
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2008   #28
camron1269
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 camron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVP

whats interesting is that the guy said alex gibbs told the falcons NOT to draft a OLineman high in the draft and that hell take care of it. i wonder if he is doing that again with the texans. i hope not, because i really want chris williams to be a texan. although im ok with a top corner. jonathan stewart would be cool but im ok with walker, green, brown, and taylor.
camron1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #29
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO. But if that Aqib CB available hes the #18 pick believe that.

I'll put money on that one too......
Old 03-29-2008   #30
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO.:
Wow. Just...wow. There is NO, and i mean NO possible way that any FO in their right mind would place Jamaal Chalres before Jonathan Stewart. I'm a UT student and even I'm not homerish enough to think that Charles is a first round pick, and IMO, not even a second round pick. He'll be lucky to be a third rounder with the pretty strong class this year, while Stewart is in teh cream of the crop.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

my thoughts were

With Alex Gibbs telling the Falcons not to take an OL early and with Kubiaks time in Denver and Denver not talking a RB early

Unless some philosophies change, I see defense going early
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #32
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fred Bennett was good, but I agree with the guys on NFL Network. We need another stud CB back there.
we dont need three studs- we need 2 (a healthy dunta and fred) and a solid nickel (reeves maybe.. we dont know?). they didnt even mention fred as a possible candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
What should they have said?

Those are the needs are they not?
are they? we do need an LT.. rb? no mention of chris brown signing etc- thats what i mean by it being a pretty weak piece.

nothing about needing a bookend DE for mario, possible need of a SLB etc etc.. it was fine but was pretty uninteresting to anybody other than the very casual fan
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #33
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From what I have been reading, Aqib's elevator is a bit slow and he may have trouble understanding the pro game and its complexities.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
we dont need three studs- we need 2 (a healthy dunta and fred) and a solid nickel (reeves maybe.. we dont know?). they didnt even mention fred as a possible candidate

are they? we do need an LT.. rb? no mention of chris brown signing etc- thats what i mean by it being a pretty weak piece.

nothing about needing a bookend DE for mario, possible need of a SLB etc etc.. it was fine but was pretty uninteresting to anybody other than the very casual fan
yeah, we do.
we still face Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and A. Gonzalez twice a year.

Sure would be nice to be able to match studs with them one-on-one and let Will blanket Dallas Clark and have the other safety blitz without being scared crapless that we'll get toasted.
knowhatimean?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #35
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

we do, but not mentioning fred was no bueno....

do they know dunta is hurt?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #36
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
we do, but not mentioning fred was no bueno....

do they know dunta is hurt?
They might know, which is why they said we need another stud CB.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #37
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
yeah, we do.

Sure would be nice to be able to match studs with them one-on-one and let Will blanket Dallas Clark and have the other safety blitz without being scared crapless that we'll get toasted.
knowhatimean?
The thing is is almost impossible to blitz Peyton. It seems he has a hot route for every blitz ever made. IMO the majority pressure has to come from the DLine with only minimal blitzing of LBs. Reggie Marvin and Gonzalez cant throw it to themselves.
Old 03-29-2008   #38
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
yeah, we do.

knowhatimean?
how'd that work out for denver?
look at the teams that always beat the colts-chargers, steelers, giants (v pats).. 3 elite cb's? no its all about winning the trenches which is what we should be focusing on
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #39
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
look at the teams that always beat the colts-chargers, steelers, giants (v pats).. 3 elite cb's? no its all about winning the trenches which is what we should be focusing on
Chargers had 2 great starters and one good nickel cornerback Cromartie, Jammer, and Florence. The pats also had a nice secondary last year. The Giants had alot of things going for them last year on defense. They put more pressure on QBs than any other team, however their secondary was stronger than ours last year as well.

Denver only has the 2 studs on the outside. Their depth at corner is terrible, after, sadly, their most promising young corner died.

We have already focused on winning the trenches. We could always use more help in the trenches, but we need a talented corner terribly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Denver?
The Colts didn't play Denver last year.
I'm missing your point.

And I agree, basic football 101 says the foundation to a successful offense and defense needs to be your O-line and D-line. I don't think I said any different.

Our D-line is 3/4ths complete. One good, solid DE to replace Weaver and we're set - at least for a while.
We hired Gibbs to school the O-line guys we've been picking up in the draft and thru F/A over the last two years. And I expect us to draft a OT in this year's 1st round and probably pickup a project among the undrafted F/A crowd.

Bottom line, IMHO, is our O-line is a lot closer to being "ready" than our defensive backfield. So if we only have one First-Day pick, I say use it on a stud DB.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read