Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2004   #21
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I sure feel better. Respect is wonderful.
Old 05-24-2004   #22
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
It says they started a rookie QB and had a dynamite D. This just in, but the Texans are not the only team in the NFL to have injuries.
The Patriots started more different players than any other team last year. It just goes to show that all you need is quality players for your system and solid depth. They don't have many big name guys...in fact I'd say they have none. The great teams can overcome injuries and win...give the Texans a few years to get some depth behind them.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #23
Texansbacker
Veteran

The Texans are looking strong and the only way to prove it is on the field. Hopefully our players will look at the glass half full instead of half empty like many of the "fans" posting on the Texans Message Board.

2002 - Texans had a good defense and no offensive help.

2003 - Texans started out strong with a win at Miami. After that the injuries started, and as a second year expansion team we had no depth. Even then our players played with a lot of heart.

2004 - Texans had a great offseason filling needs in free agency and the draft providing additional skill and depth to the exisiting talent.

Looking forward to proving the doubters wrong, as are the players I am sure.

Should be a good year!
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #24
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I see a good year ahead for the Texans. I hope they go at least 9-7. A wild card would be good, but the objective should be improving as a team overall and trying to limit injuries.
Old 05-25-2004   #25
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Those guys just show how ignorant they are....there's more to it than just looking at a team and saying these guys will make it, these guys won't. It wasn't expected that Tampa would have a bad year including the ridiculous season Oakland had. Absolutely no one saw Carolina making a Super Bowl appearance and no matter how many wins the Patriots won....most had them as defeated in most games even the Super Bowl.

The media not having respect for the Texans is just fine by me as because of that they can play concentrated...not having to meet the fans and media's expectations. When you're high profile like that I think it adds to the pressure when going out there and performing. The Jags are being praised so much that I think it'll hurt them. The Texans will make a surprise hit and beat the Jags both games, beating the Titans at least one (hope it's here at home), and one against the Colts (hoping here at home as well).

Really all the Texans need to do is go out there and play just as hard as they did last year. Sure they lost 11 but 8 of those 11 were lost with dignity....those guys were in there playing their tails off. They now have a better staff, off the field and on, and I think it was just what they needed.

Next year is a sure playoff shot! I see us coming away with 7-8 wins easily!
I see Jags at 7-9, Titans 8-8, Houston 9-7, Colts 10-6.
Old 05-25-2004   #26
Demon
Rookie

Default Texans will SUPRISE

The Texans are going to be better than anyone can imagine. On paper, I suppose, it looks as if we will be 7-9 or whatever. I believe 9-7 or 10-6 can be done. Look at the close games last year with all the injuries. Texans - we can and will demand respect!
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The bottom line to all of this is winning brings respect. If we take care of our business and not worry about what has beens or never wuzes are saying we will start winning and soon the respect will come along with bandwagon fans that we won't want around here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2004   #28
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

True E.T. but the Jags are getting respect for having the same record as the Texans last season. Why are they getting so much respect? I don't really care....after all, the Texans only need Houston fans, I say. It is nice though to see the Texans have a nice respectful segment on ESPN's Sports Center, about how awesome the team is doing.....ah well. In do time....in do time!
Old 05-28-2004   #29
kuno
Rookie

The Jaguars had a great defense last year that has gotten better with the addition of Smith at LB and Grant at FS. Thier record reflected having a rookie QB, but they were better than that. Their offensive line is great, they have a amzing set of RB's and their WR corp, which was their weakness last year, has been shored up.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #30
jags98
Veteran

This is the first year the writers have giving the Jags respect in the last 4 years.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #31
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think really it is just a bunch of people who want to take a shot at making a prediction for a team so they can look good and get a better analyst job.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read