Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2008   #41
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your focus this TC?

I'll watch everything like I always do. But I might close my eyes and cross my fingers when I watch this puny group:

Thompson Chaun
Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

We are an injury away from complete and utter ugliness at linebacker. Most of the draft talk has focused on OT, CB, RB, but LB isn't far behind in the discussion.

Just looking at numbers, I expect a LB to be drafted and possibly two more to be signed before OTAs.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #42
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i'm all for a de in the 1st, i'll take a pro bowl de over a probowl corner, a pass rush is secondary's best friend, our division has some of the league's better qb's
And Gerrard, VY and Schaub... Seriously, we have the best QB in the NFL, and a couple of pretenders.
Old 03-27-2008   #43
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I'll watch everything like I always do. But I might close my eyes and cross my fingers when I watch this puny group:

Thompson Chaun
Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

We are an injury away from complete and utter ugliness at linebacker. Most of the draft talk has focused on OT, CB, RB, but LB isn't far behind in the discussion.

Just looking at numbers, I expect a LB to be drafted and possibly two more to be signed before OTAs.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us draft a LB first day.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #44
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us draft a LB first day.
Since the Texans currently have only one draft pick on the first day, I'd be very surprised if that happened.

But yeah, under the old scheme I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went LB in the 3rd.

Last edited by aj.; 03-27-2008 at 09:23 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You see, at this pace, we will have a top 10 defense in the year 2027.
I forget the guys name, but didn't we sign a defensive coach that's next to God status like Gibbs is with the offense?

I think the offense will be fine this year if Schaub is what we think he is. I'm much more interested in how the defense improves.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #46
wicked_wayz
all blacks

il be focusing on chris williams *wink wink*
Old 03-27-2008   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I forget the guys name, but didn't we sign a defensive coach that's next to God status like Gibbs is with the offense?

I think the offense will be fine this year if Schaub is what we think he is. I'm much more interested in how the defense improves.
Ray Rhodes is a good secondary coach, with HC experience and DC experience but he's got a bum ticker. Supposedly, his defenses are "boring" though. He is really supposed to be good at coaching the secondary.

I'll be watching these things (In Order):
  • O-Line and how Gibbs treats the players
  • Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye
  • RB's and who is getting most of the snaps in TC
  • How Jacoby Jones looks catching passes
  • The secondary and Will Demp's elbow
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2008   #48
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
il be focusing on chris williams *wink wink*
rofl, I liked that...

I'll be focusing on Matt Schaub and Sage, mostly. I wonder what'll become of Sage how Matt's rehab is coming along. I'll save the Sage talk for the other thread however. Amobi is another name I've heard thrown out in this thread that I agree with. But one name I haven't heard at all is Jacques Reeves. I want to know if he can start at CB this year. :o
Old 03-27-2008   #49
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
Running game and Secondary for me. I'm curious to see how the secondary will shape up. Obviously who we've picked up in FA and IF we draft someone they'll be better than Faggins, so we won't have to worry about that. I'm a big D. Walker fan so that is who I'll be watching in the running game in TC.
at 4.6 yards a carry i say he's earned a spot. Considering dayne did 4.0

oh well.
Old 03-28-2008   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone on some thread mentioned that Walker did not fit ZBS and may not make team. Also, no one mentioend #2 wide receiver. Is that a lock for Walter or does Davis have a shot?
Old 03-28-2008   #51
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to look at the rookies and the new comers.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #52
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I'm intersted in what changes are made to the O-line and how quickly they respond. then how there play affects the offense. Lastly I'm interested in whether the defense gets better with the new additions and maturing of last years rookies or does it fall back some from a new learning curve.
Old 03-28-2008   #53
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll watch everything like I always do.
let us know how travis 'the slug' johnson does this year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thompson Chaun
Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

AJ, as a TC observer what do you want to see TJ do this pre-season? He did make some improvement last season.
Old 03-28-2008   #55
Polo

The thing that I want to see most is what kind of improvement Matt has made from year one to year two...

I'm hoping that he exudes much more confidence...
Old 03-28-2008   #56
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What sort of access does the general public (us fans) have as far as getting in to watch some of training camp, offseason practices, etc??
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
What sort of access does the general public (us fans) have as far as getting in to watch some of training camp, offseason practices, etc??
I think you can go online and download tickets free but limited. When I went to San Antonio to see Oilers, we just showed up and set in bleachers. SOme Texans sessions are off limits I believe.
Old 03-28-2008   #58
Polo

I think last year they gave away the tickets at Wachovia if I remember right...
Old 03-28-2008   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thompson Chaun
Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

your going to really like Thompson he adds some length to the position & is a better fit for Rhodes system than the 3-4 in Cleveland. give Zach a chance he could win the starting position by the season opener. DeMeco is a stud. The rest eh :elle:

I'll tell you the LB prospect we would all love to have as a Texan is LSU LB Ali Highsmith (3rd/4th rd.). throw the measureables out the window this kid is a football player , gives 110% & makes good things happen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #60
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'll tell you the LB prospect we would all love to have as a Texan is LSU LB Ali Highsmith (3rd/4th rd.). throw the measureables out the window this kid is a football player , gives 110% & makes good things happen
And isn't he the son of former Oiler Alonzo Highsmith?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read