Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-26-2008   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OT Heath Benedict found dead

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police say 21-year-old Heath Benedict was found dead on his couch Wednesday evening in his Villages of San Jose home. They do not suspect that any drugs or alcohol were involved in his death, or that foul play is suspected.

Benedict, a 6'6, 333 pound football player, was an offensive lineman for Newberry College in South Carolina after he was red shirted at the University of Tennessee, according to the school's Web site.
http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...d-e87f665c4b63

Prayers go out to his family. This is a guy I thought could have been a great later round pick for us.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OT Heath Benedict found dead

wow...that's terrible. RIP.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

He was a player that I thought would be a good pick up for us in the later rounds. Sad!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, that's awful news. RIP.

On a related note, I think YTF was pretty high on him if I remember some of his posts correctly.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Aw, man. That's horrible. He had a really great combine and I was hoping he was going to be there for us later in the draft.

That's too sad.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just sad...such a bright future.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is sad. He would probably have gone between the 3rd and 4th rounds. Prayers to his family.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2008   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This is horrible. It makes me wonder if the pressure to be a boheamoth and play at a large size are causing some of these mystery deaths because of heart problems. I know some involve skill players too but in the older days the O-lineman were a muscle bound 260 at the most and now guys are regularly 300+

Prayers to his family and friends.
Old 03-27-2008   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is horrible. I was an advocate of taking him in the 3rd. I had him as the second best OG in the draft behind Alberts. He played OT in college but had been working out at OG for scouts.

Prayers go out to the family and close friends. It is always a sad day to lose a person this young, especially since he was likely going to be drafted out of Newberry.
Old 03-27-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
This is horrible. I was an advocate of taking him in the 3rd. I had him as the second best OG in the draft behind Alberts. He played OT in college but had been working out at OG for scouts.

Prayers go out to the family and close friends. It is always a sad day to lose a person this young, especially since he was likely going to be drafted out of Newberry.
After your earlier comments on him I had been trying to learn more about this young man. I thought he was ondraftscout in 3-4 range with Tony Hills. He is not even listed now. That was quick.
Old 03-27-2008   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Man that is aweful. Like many of you said, I too had an eye on him for us in later rounds.

Prayers for his family
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #12
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...d-e87f665c4b63

Prayers go out to his family. This is a guy I thought could have been a great later round pick for us.
That is horrible. I just heard him interviewed on Sirius NFL. He seemed like a good kid who has grown up a lot. Way too young for these types of things. He had a bright future in front of him.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm interested to find out why or how this happened, so when it comes out- please post. Supposedly they don't think it's drugs or alcohol- So I'm assuming some sort of natural cause but I don't want to start speculating at all.
Old 03-27-2008   #14
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Draft prospect Benedict found dead at home

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Heath Benedict, a two-time Little All-American offensive lineman from Newberry College in South Carolina, was found dead on a couch in his home.

Jacksonville police said no foul play is suspected in the death of the 24-year-old Benedict, a 6-foot-6, 320-pound tackle who was considered one of the top line prospects available in next month's NFL draft.

Benedict, who redshirted at Tennessee in 2002 before moving to Newberry, was a native of the Netherlands. He played high school football at the Peddie School in Hightstown, N.J.

Jacksonville police spokesman Ken Jefferson said Benedict's body was taken to the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of his death. He was found dead Wednesday evening.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Old 03-27-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP.

Just a guess by me, I think he was too big. Probably a heart attack.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
RIP.

Just a guess by me, I think he was too big. Probably a heart attack.
That's kind of what I was thinking, some sort of heart failure maybe or maybe some medical condition he didn't know he had. I hope the family can get some kind of closure.
Old 03-27-2008   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

He was listed at 6'6", 321 lbs. From the photo I saw he looked like he carried the weight well, not fat and sloppy with a gut. This is just a guess, but it could have been an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). This is something that is more likely found in men over 60 but it can develop in anyone, and genetic factors can play a role as well as obesity, high cholesterol, and smoking.

It's sad when someone with so much promise dies at such an early age!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is terrible news. My prayers go out to his family. I can only imagine the pain and confusion they're going through.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read