Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

LSU pro-day.

Trap_Star

SiteContributor
link.

Dorsey:
HT:6-1 3/4 WT:297 Arms:34 5/8 Hands:10 40yd:5.14 Bench:27 Shuttle:4.95 3-cone:7.63 Broad:8-4 Vertical:25 1/2

Highsmith improves his 40 to a 4.74.

He's under 300. Somehow I assumed Dorsey was bigger ?
So he is comparable in size and stats to our guy, our DT who we took at #10
last year. I dunno, any thoughts on how Okoye stacks up against Dorsey talent wise ?

last year. I dunno, any thoughts on how Okoye stacks up against Dorsey talent wise ?
Okoye weighed 305 lbs at his pro day, and ran the 40 in 4.85. He ran right around 5.0 at the combine, but had a sore hamstring. Amobi lifted 225 lbs on the bench 29 times.

I think Dorsey will be a very good pro. Sedrick Ellis will be good, too. But, I like what I've seen from Okoye thus far and I'd keep him based upon his greater potential.

He's under 300. Somehow I assumed Dorsey was bigger ?

Dorsey is probably a more polished player at this point in his career than Okoye was coming out last year. You have to remember, Okoye was only 19 when he was drafted. But, I also believe Okoye has alot more upside than Dorsey. Something else that should concern teams wanting to select Dorsey is his health. I think he's had a number of injuries during his college career, but I'm not sure how bad any of them are/were. Maybe someone else can fill us in. JMHO!

Dorsey has been a top rated DT a couple years running. he could have come out last year & been a top 10 pick. selecting him is based more on what you see is what you get, with Okoye it was what you see is just a tip of the iceberg :cool:

I was watching tape on Dorsey today and this guy has amazing technique. Gets his arms underneath and just pushes fools out of the way.

I've watched him very closing being an Auburn fan by birth. He is the next Albert Haynesworth.

I offer you no proof of my claims, so ignore me if you so please (which most people do anyways, which sometimes elevates me to a very powerful position).

Besides, I am obviously bias.

I've watched him very closing being an Auburn fan by birth. He is the next Albert Haynesworth.

I offer you no proof of my claims, so ignore me if you so please (which most people do anyways, which sometimes elevates me to a very powerful position).

ok...you still did'nt explain what you meant by personal problems...he's a head stomper? :thinking:

ok...you still did'nt explain what you meant by personal problems...he's a head stomper?

I won't go so far as to say he will attack another person. I'm just saying, he has some unresolved character issues, his anger being one of which. He has a big mean streak, but he doesn't have complete control of it.

Maybe I should call him the next Travis Johnson, that may be more correct.

I won't go so far as to say he will attack another person. I'm just saying, he has some unresolved character issues, his anger being one of which. He has a big mean streak, but he doesn't have complete control of it.

:hairpull:.... :mad:.... :(

Travis is my favorite Texan..Pick on someone else... or else:cowboy1:

:D.... :coffee:

Isn't it better to have someone MEAN on the D-line. I want the meanest guy around as long as he doesnt damage the team. I want the O-line to fear him. This is football, not politics.

OK, now I'm confused on what posters here are saying about Dorseys "character problems" when someone compares him to Hayesworth then someone else makes the comparison to our own TJ ?
IMO TJs problems are more along the lines of being lethargic and not too mean, even though he got a couple PFs called on him last year. I think he just got a bad rep with the refs.

OK, now I'm confused on what posters here are saying about Dorseys "character problems" when someone compares him to Hayesworth then someone else makes the comparison to our own TJ ?
IMO TJs problems are more along the lines of being lethargic and not too mean, even though he got a couple PFs called on him last year. I think he just got a bad rep with the refs.

No character problems with Dorsey. A mean streak on the field does not equal character problems.

Back