Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Yahoo Pre-season Rankings

Showtime100

Got JJ?
WTF the offseason is not even over and the draft has not happened yet. Why not have this come out right after the freakin Super Bowl as much sense as it makes to doing it now. :headhurts:
If the offseason was further along and we already had the draft you would care what they think then?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
WTF the offseason is not even over and the draft has not happened yet. Why not have this come out right after the freakin Super Bowl as much sense as it makes to doing it now. :headhurts:
Agree on the timing. And the off-season moves were just kind of glossed over. Something moved them to 13 though in his mind.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
What are you worried about Spec?? There will be 15 more power rankings between now and then. Probably 1000 after... :gun:

b0ng

Bad Hombre
The Saints being at 12 is just effin retarded to me. I guess no matter what, the Saints will always be better than the Texans in the media's mind no matter what the scoreboard says.

I heard Mario Williams thinks it's B.S. too

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Hard to give much credit to someone who ranks Cleveland above the SB winners and thinks Mewelde Moore is a significant acquisition, but hey, he lists the Texans as teh best 8-8 team.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
The only problem I see is

1. Colts
5. Jags
11. Titans

what a division .

On a lighter note ... we can clearly see the Carr effecct on the Giants . :fans:

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Even though this ranking doesnt' make a lot of sense in reality (as has already been pointed out this is an odd time of year to be tossing a power ranking out) I can't help but be a little bit annoyed at the three to four teams directly ahead of us in this guys eyes.

The New Orleans Saints at 12? Sure they made some additions (and we all know how big free agent signings translate into instant improvement right?) but the first guy mentioned is Reggie Bust and he's still not proven a damned thing. We beat these clowns last year, finished with a better record than they did, and yet he ranks them one spot higher than we are? Rubbish.

The Tennessee Titans at 11? They lose players like rats abandoning a sinking ship, add one overrated TE, and somehow they're the 11th ranked team according to this guy? Yes, I acknowledge that they beat us twice. Props for the scoreboard and all that but they were handed their 10th win and their playoff spot by a Colts team that just wanted to get to the end of the game without an injury. I rank them higher than the Texans but I move the Saints down from in between us. Tennesse at 11 and Houston at 12 for now IMO.

Green Bay at 10? I guess one has to give them that on the basis of their 13-3 record but they just lost Brett Favre for crying out loud. These guys could have a big collapse this year and frankly I thought last seasons great record was a bit of a fluke. Seattle at 9 is another team I expect to see decline this year.

I think we have the potential to be a top 10 team this year if Gibbs can bring the running game that history says he will. This is a good off-season to be a Texans fan I think. Maybe the best off-season ever and that is totally independent of what happens in the draft. If we just don't blow the first round pick we're good. If we can get a 2 from somebody and/or nail our 3 as well then we're golden.