Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2008   #141
Polo

Default Re: Texans sign safety Nick Ferguson

I'm liking these contracts...
Old 03-28-2008   #142
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign safety Nick Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Looking at the first two rounds, it was a very weak draft for defensive tackles. 64 picks in rounds 1 & 2...and 5 of the 64 picks were DTs, with TJ being the first DT taken at slot 16 in the first round.

TJ might have been the top ranked DT, but that's not saying much. It's not as if there was overwhelming DT talent laying around.

Maybe TJ turns the corner. I'm indifferent at this stage. He caught a bad break by coming into the great 2-14 season, and yet it's not like he's nailing down his spot or really solidifying himself.

Kinda' funny that we traded down with New Orleans to their No. 16 in the first round, and they jumped up to our original spot at No. 13 and picked up Jammal Brown (later becoming a Pro Bowl offensive tackle).

It's always easy to say "Look what we missed...why'd we do that?" but that's the way it goes!
I compare the TJ situation similar to how I see Phillips FS this year. Best at his position but not what we needed at that pick. I also think Phillips on our team would have similar results as TJ. We have a better team now so Phillips might actually do better or at least not be as exposed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read