Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2008   #81
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to look at safety Nick Ferguson

Quote:
Nick Ferguson was at a point in life where he needed his old friends.

Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak were there for him. A starting strong safety for most of the previous five seasons with the Broncos, Ferguson signed a one-year contract Wednesday with the Houston Texans, whose administrative hierarchy is stacked with former Broncos' Smith and Kubiak.

"Nick's healthy and excited to be working again for coach Kubiak and for Rick Smith," said Jack Reale, Ferguson's agent.
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8707309
Old 03-26-2008   #82
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That was quick.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #83
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

No one can say the Texans haven't been active this offseason.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #84
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Texans fans know no such thing as logic. I'm sure there's somebody out there (probably about to call into 610) that thinks this offseason was a horrific failure because we didn't nab Turner.
Old 03-26-2008   #85
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans sign safety Nick Ferguson

With all the moves the Texans have done this offseason, I can't tell if they are great moves (talentwise compared to the NFL) or if the old regime really dumbed me down with their process of drafting and overpaying players that we were made to believe that were talented

so far I love what has been done
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #86
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith strikes again, does the man sleep

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #87
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Depth at safety perhaps equals targeting BPA at OT or CB when we get to #18?
Old 03-27-2008   #88
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Depth at safety perhaps equals targeting BPA at OT or CB when we get to #18?
Did you not already believe that is what they were going to target in the 1st rd? I guess not since you asked. I am assuming you are a Kenny Philips proponent? There is something about that guy that I dont like. Maybe its just that he isnt 1st round talent and I dont want our team to over draft a guy that I think is going to bust in the NFL.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #89
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Did you not already believe that is what they were going to target in the 1st rd? I guess not since you asked. I am assuming you are a Kenny Philips proponent? There is something about that guy that I dont like. Maybe its just that he isnt 1st round talent and I dont want our team to over draft a guy that I think is going to bust in the NFL.
Actually, I'm a "draft BPA at CB or OT" at #18 proponent so this signing suits me just fine.
Old 03-27-2008   #90
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, I'm a "draft BPA at CB or OT" at #18 proponent so this signing suits me just fine.
Good, I am glad that I wasted my typing fingers
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #91
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I would say I'm a proponent of drafting BPA at whatever we pick at, whether it be a HB, CB, LB, DE, LT, or whatever. I think we would be wrong to assume we knew the overal plans of this front office. I think we have so adequately added depth at every single need position that absolutely ANYTHING is possible. Should be interesting....
Old 03-27-2008   #92
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I would say I'm a proponent of drafting BPA at whatever we pick at, whether it be a HB, CB, LB, DE, LT, or whatever. I think we would be wrong to assume we knew the overal plans of this front office. I think we have so adequately added depth at every single need position that absolutely ANYTHING is possible. Should be interesting....
Ah but what position have we not addressed? The one where when we think of back up we say "who?"
Old 03-27-2008   #93
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Im not alluding to any specific positions, the opposite , I'm saying they will take the BPA period, whoever that may be.
Old 03-27-2008   #94
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Under the radar active.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #95
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Im not alluding to any specific positions, the opposite , I'm saying they will take the BPA period, whoever that may be.
You said depth had been added to all needed positions. I was hinting that is not true of LT and Jordan Black is the who?
Old 03-27-2008   #96
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You said depth had been added to all needed positions. I was hinting that is not true of LT and Jordan Black is the who?
Agreed that depth has been added everywhere with the exception of CB and OT where I still think we need help. Which is why I think all of the Chris Brown / Nick Ferguson type moves that we are seeing are geared to pust uus in the best position to address those two positions in the draft.
Old 03-27-2008   #97
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Agreed that depth has been added everywhere with the exception of CB and OT where I still think we need help. Which is why I think all of the Chris Brown / Nick Ferguson type moves that we are seeing are geared to pust uus in the best position to address those two positions in the draft.
My thought too but Jacques Reeves was signed to play CB. There are a few CBs available after first round that I am starting to focus on.
Old 03-27-2008   #98
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

We have a lot to choose from either OT or CB. Theres about 4 at each position that are first round worthy. I guess you could say RB too but w/ Jonathon Stewart having surgery...plus im not sure felix jones is 1st round worthy.
Old 03-27-2008   #99
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
We have a lot to choose from either OT or CB. Theres about 4 at each position that are first round worthy. I guess you could say RB too but w/ Jonathon Stewart having surgery...plus im not sure felix jones is 1st round worthy.
I was hot on STewart until toe surgery but all I read says he should miss at most two games. He did run 4.4 at combine with that injury. I really want Williams LT if he slides but I would not put $ on that. Recent mocks have Stewart going to Dallas. If Williams not there #18 and no earth shattering trade is offered, I am leaning again towards Stewart. Forte my alternate will be gone by our third imo. If we had a 2nd to get Forte that would really open of the draft.
Old 03-27-2008   #100
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Ferguson is a good depth signing. I think he was in Denver while Rhodes was DC and I think we'll run similar schemes to what Rhodes usually runs so its good to have a vet that can show the younger players what they're doing wrong while in training camp.

In the end however I think he's competing with Brandon Harrison/Glenn Earl for 1 roster spot and I think he's this Training Camp's Keenan Mccardell. Basically brought in as a player/coach for TC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read