Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2004   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Jets thoughts

Caught the second half on tv, the first half was via radio for me... but some thoughts...

- While it was interesting that we went for it twice on 4th down early in the game... aren't we supposed to get points whenever we can? I don't beleive we were that far out... was the wind that strong?

- How can we be such a strong defense in the first half to limit the Jets to 6 in the first half then fall apart in the second half? I don't think the refs can throw you off THAT much... if they have that kind of affect on the team - something had better change.

- Our rooks are coming around - nice plays by Babin and Robinson.

- Davis seems to be making up for lost time... dang shame the long TD run was called back.

- Are there any members of the Texans team that can light a fire to get this team re-focused and back in the game-fight? TEXANS fans seem to achieved that spark... but unless the team takes all of us on te away games, there's gonna have to be a self-light mechanism in place.

Last edited by OzzO; 12-05-2004 at 05:10 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
dang shame the long TD run was called back.
I for one am not sold on Pitts. He makes mistakes like that way to much.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd half .. 3rd down conversions kicked us.. Penningtons scramble up the middle..

Jets are a good team.. they showed our youngsters how to shut the door.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #4
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I for one am not sold on Pitts. He makes mistakes like that way to much.
The holding call on that long touchdown was on Bruener.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #5
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

and Pitts doesn't make mistakes that often. Especially if you consider that fact that he is the ONLY Texan to have played every offensive down since the Texans began in the NFL.

combine that with the fact that he didn't play football at all till college and he is actually quite impressive.

biggest question I have about the game is why didn't we call a timeout with 40 seconds left before the half and the Jets having to punt the ball. 40 seconds is alot of time to just 'give up' to the Jets and go into the half with a 1 point lead.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can't stop 3rd down conversions we won't win period.
Old 12-05-2004   #7
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
biggest question I have about the game is why didn't we call a timeout with 40 seconds left before the half and the Jets having to punt the ball. 40 seconds is alot of time to just 'give up' to the Jets and go into the half with a 1 point lead.
Probably because the coaches were worried about Carr throwing a pick and giving the Jets some easy points. I'm glad they they didn't call timeout because every time Carr threw the ball today I was expecting an interception. That is hard to admit because I like Carr, but he is struggling.
Old 12-05-2004   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well maybe carr could actually look at some OPTIONS when he drops back to pass, all he does is eye Johnnson down, and if he's covered he still tries to force it in ! I saw one play where he tried Johnnson while he was covered and bradford was wide open and it would of been a sure TD !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
The holding call on that long touchdown was on Bruener.
Oops your right, I was thinking about him grabbing the guy by the helmet and the Personal Fould penalty that followed. My mistake.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read