Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Talking Grading The Texans O

The Houston Texans, according to Charles Robinson, are ranked 13 out of 32 teams in the NFL. Hopefully, by the end of the 2008-2009 season the Texans can move up to the 10th spot or higher.

I decided to produce a report card for the Texans, please feel free to comment:

Offense:

QB: Ranked 11th in passing yards and yards passing per game. I hope Matt Schaub can live up to the hype otherwise will hand the ball over to Sage.

GRADE: A-

RB: Greene didnít impress me but we canít always blame it on injuries. Ron Dayne is a solid player but other then that this group was disappointing. Hopeful for 2008-2009 with Chris Brown and our zone blocking.

GRADE: F+

WR: Andre Johnson was injured for most of our games but when he played he proved to all why he is the superstar of this team. Our supporting cast looks good and improved.

GRADE: B+

OL: We gave up fewer sacks but our RBs production was down. I hope for this are to improve greatly in 2008-2009.

GRADE: B-

I WANT ONE OF THESE, WAIT, MAKE THAT THREE!!!
Old 03-24-2008   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grading The Texans O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
RB: Green didnít impress me but we canít always blame it on injuries. Ron Dayne is a solid player but other then that this group was disappointing. Hopeful for 2008-2009 with Chris Brown and our zone blocking.
i actually think green looked pretty good for the three or four plays he was healthy.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #3
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i actually think green looked pretty good for the three or four plays he was healthy.
Yeah, I agree. In the preseason and the some of the runs he had during the Chiefs game were pretty amazing. I remember thinking we hadn't seen anything remotely like it since DD/W was around.
Old 03-24-2008   #4
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Yeah, I agree. In the preseason and the some of the runs he had during the Chiefs game were pretty amazing. I remember thinking we hadn't seen anything remotely like it since DD/W was around.
Man i miss that guy....shame.
Old 03-25-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

What exactly are you grading? How we performed last year or how you think we're going to perform next year? I ask because... we don't even know who's going to be playing on our team, yet.

Last year, our QB's played well for the most part. There were a couple of games where things got away from them early and a few where things got away from them late. We ended up 11th in yards passing and 12th in #of TD's passing even though we were only 19th in passing attempts. And that's despite the fact that we are a play-action passing offense and our running "attack" wasn't scaring anyone and ended up in the lower third of the league. Our QB's should play better next year.

Our running game last year really let us down. People are knocking on Green but when he was healthy, he looked pretty good. I still remember that long screen pass against the Raiders... which was one of his last plays of the season... and he made that play while playing hurt. I expect our running game to be better this year than last year regardless of who's carrying the ball. And if that happens, then our passing attack is going to be absolutely dangerous because Schaub can SELL the play action fake. Even without a running threat, he was still getting defense to bite on his fake and hitting guys deep.

I think we've made moves to improve our oline and just with the moves we've made so far, I expect better play. But I don't think the moves are over.

I think we're going to have a dangerous offense next year.

It's the defense that worries me.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read