let it bleed
Assuming no trade down.

1. Brandon Albert OG/OT
3. Charles Godfrey CB/FS
4. Terrell Thomas CB/FS
5. Tommy Blake DE
7. David Vobora OLB

Nope, no RB.

I like Albert, maybe more than Chris Williams. I've read he can make the transition to LT, but I'd be fine if we kept him at OG, even if #18 overall is high to draft a guard. Dude is a mauler. Godfrey and Thomas are two young guys to boost our secondary. Both could be looked at at CB or FS. Thomas' game is more polished, Godfrey is raw but I'd like to see what Rhodes could get out of both of 'em. The Blake selection is a gamble but guy's ProDay #s I think warrant the risk.

:texflag:

Assuming no trade down.

1. Brandon Albert OG/OT
3. Charles Godfrey CB/FS
4. Terrell Thomas CB/FS
5. Tommy Blake DE
7. David Vobora OLB

Nope, no RB.

I like Albert, maybe more than Chris Williams. I've read he can make the transition to LT, but I'd be fine if we kept him at OG, even if #18 overall is high to draft a guard. Dude is a mauler. Godfrey and Thomas are two young guys to boost our secondary. Both could be looked at at CB or FS. Thomas' game is more polished, Godfrey is raw but I'd like to see what Rhodes could get out of both of 'em. The Blake selection is a gamble but guy's ProDay #s I think warrant the risk.

:texflag:
I just do not see guard as a need position in this draft. LT,RB,Cb and then a CB/FS in 4th. Especially if C. Spencer is too play guard this season.

Drafting a player early and trying to convert him to another position reeks of a Casserly move. It's difficult to get behind that.

I'm counting on Rick Smith working the phones and coming up with a couple of extra picks. 5 just ain't gonna cut it.

Drafting a player early and trying to convert him to another position reeks of a Casserly move. It's difficult to get behind that.

I'm counting on Rick Smith working the phones and coming up with a couple of extra picks. 5 just ain't gonna cut it.

I have a feeling we might be trading down in the first and picking up extra pick and or picks.

the 18th pick seems to be a turning point in regards to our needs & talent drop off. we need a team or two to make mistake/surprise pick (which they will) so things fall Rick Smith & the Texans way to keep these sceneros from happening :cool:

Normally I don't like converting 1st rounders either. But I wrong about Griffin last year. Still, I wouldn't at all be upset if Albert played guard for us.

Back