Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2008   #21
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Re: Texans vs Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
yay the winz.......the spurz haz it!
88-81 spurs

"and down goes nowitzki"
Old 03-23-2008   #22
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
88-81 spurs

"and down goes nowitzki"
Whoever lost its still a win-win for the Rockets!!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
we also lost green and killings. it was a horrible game for houston and i dont even get why its on replay
Because even with all our injuries - basically having to play the Colts with 2nd & 3rd stringers - we still made it one of the better games that week.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I watched the beginning and end to this game for obvious reasons. But wow, Matt Schaub was pretty much on fire. I almost forgot how well he played (sometimes), and this (almost) makes me believe that he can be a top 10 (in NFL) or heck, even a top 5 QB (AFC) next year barring injuries.

Those 14 consecutive completions are more than you can shake a stick at. :O (Unless your ykw). And you know what? He actually make the ball go FORWARD during those completions. :o

EDIT: Oh, I'm sure another reason they showed the game was because it determined first place in the AFC South. :o Also, both teams were undefeated.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 03-24-2008 at 04:01 AM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I watched the beginning and end to this game for obvious reasons. But wow, Matt Schaub was pretty much on fire. I almost forgot how well he played (sometimes), and this (almost) makes me believe that he can be a top 10 (in NFL) or heck, even a top 5 QB (AFC) next year barring injuries.

Those 14 consecutive completions are more than you can shake a stick at. :O (Unless your ykw). And you know what? He actually make the ball go FORWARD during those completions. :o

EDIT: Oh, I'm sure another reason they showed the game was because it determined first place in the AFC South. :o Also, both teams were undefeated.

if you noticed most of those passes where short underneath dumps to the RB (Gado-gone) FB (Cook-maybe gone) & TE (Daniels, Putzier-gone)

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the game this morning after work and came away with 3 impression.
1. Schaub can be a GREAT QB. He needs some seasoning and needs to make some better decisions this time.

2. We HAVE GOT to address our secondary. That really cost us this game and several others. I know we signed Reeves, but as of now, He's Petey Faggins Jr. until he proves otherwise. As everyone else on here knows, we need a FS in the worst possible way. Is Demps our FS now? He should do better than anyone else.

3. We need an improved OL. I was impressed with what Schaub did with the protection we gave him. Our running game was horrible.

I'm hoping we go CB or LT in the 1st. There should be a very good player at one of those positions left at 18. I think RB in the 1st would be a bad idea since our ZBS and hiring of Gibbs is supposed to make lower round draft picks into superstars. I'm not a big advocate of drafting because of need. I like taking the BPA, but we should be able to get the BPA AND fill a major need position in this draft. It's pretty deep at CB and LT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read