Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Atlanta's 2nd round

I understand Atlanta now has three second round picks with the trade of a CB gaining the third. What would it take to pry two from them? Our #18 and? A possible 2 from Vikings for Sage and two from Atlanta gives me day dreams.
Old 03-21-2008   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Atlanta's 2nd round

FWIW, from the draft pick value chart:

#18 = 900
#34 (from Oakland) = 560
#37 = 530
#48 (from Houston) = 480

So according to the chart any two from Atlanta would be worth more than the #18. You can play any number of games from there. For instance:

#34 + #37 = 1090 vs. #18 + #72 = 1095

Atlanta also has #68 = 250
Old 03-21-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it really depends on how bad Texans want any of the guys @ #18 and if Falcons want it or keep the twos. I keep trying to see it from Atlanta's p.o.v. as needing more players. The projected pick on NFL draft count down for Atlanta seem pretty good. Dorsey, Flacco, Dan Conner and Sam Baker with 3rd and 4th rounds to go is hard to beat. I guess I would stay with that than move up.
Old 03-21-2008   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

With their new Gm coming from New England, a college scout nonetheless, I wouldn't expect a trade up unless they see something they REALLY like. Brohm might be someone they like but i still have a sneaky feeling Carolina will be interested or they should be.Delhomme might rebound with WR help this year finally but unless he lights it up big His tenure there could be counting down.

If i was a falcon fan I'd be really excited because it could really turn out to be a hell of a draft for them. With the way up and down NFC South anything is possible as well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they're finished. use McFadden as a barginning chip. cowpokes? use one of those two #1's on Flacco the other maybe in a trade down (Texans) for a cb.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I think Atlanta would be wise to keep their picks. They are in total rebuilding stage: New staff trying to bring in new players. They are set up perfectly with all these early round picks. I don't see Atlanta getting rid of them by trading up. I wish they would trade with us but I doubt it.

As far as trading down goes, I see a team trading with us if they are targeting a high end WR or DL player for the most part.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I don't think they're finished. use McFadden as a barginning chip. cowpokes? use one of those two #1's on Flacco the other maybe in a trade down (Texans) for a cb.
I'm in complete agreement, I believe Atlanta is far more likely to trade down and accumulate more picks than they are to trade up.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2008   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

If im the Falcons im keepin my picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
If im the Falcons im keepin my picks.

And I'm seriously considering trading back to get more.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008   #10
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta may move up before our pick

unfortunately for us there are 2 teams at 13 and 14 who both need qb upgrades (Carolina and Chicago) and although Ryan may have the most upside many have speculated that Brohm may be more NFL ready now which is definately something Chicago needs (Carolina maybe but not as much as Chicago).

If Atlanta were to trade look for them try to get a deal done with Denver and Denver would be able to take 2 2nd rounders and use them on their o-line which (as we know) is deap enough to, possibly, have 2 automatic starters still available in the 2nd.

Denver's other need may be at WR which can also be picked up in the 2nd.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read