Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008   #1
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Sage or Matt?

With the possibility of signing Quinn Gray and all the talk about trading Sage, I have an interesting question to ask:

Do you think Matt's trade value today is as high as what we gave for him?

Would you still make that trade today?

What other teams in the NFL would Matt start for today?

Gray "appears" to have really good ability and decision making skills. I don't see him coming here to be a #3 QB and he may be a better long term QB prospect than either Matt or Sage. Personally, if we can get anything more for Matt than we can for Sage, I would trade Matt over Sage. I just don't see where Matt is head and shoulders better than Sage and he is apparently less durable. If he has more trade value and we sign Gray, I say trade 'em.

What say you?

Old 03-21-2008   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Sage or Matt?

Geez--there aren't enough smilies for this thread.
Old 03-21-2008   #3
Polo

Quinn Gray? A better long term prospect than Matt or Sage ?

What are you basing this on ?

Old 03-21-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This answer this question.

If Matt was a FA would he been signed already? YES!!

If Sage was a FA would he have been signed already? YES!!

I hopis help mad because you really have an issue with QBs.
Old 03-21-2008   #5
Polo

Are you looking strictly at production when comparing Matt and Sage ?

If Sage was such a beast he should have clearly out shown Matt in the time he was afforded. IMO he didn't.

Sage has been with the team longer, has played in the system longer and is the more "experienced" player. He also can play without the pressure of knowing that he's been paid to be "the man" .

Don't you think that Matt will have grown a bit from year one to year two ? Or are you assuming that'll he'll still be on a Sage type playing level ?

Give the guy a little time. He's the best QB on our roster.

Old 03-21-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage for president!

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to add to trauma... LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 03-21-2008   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Geez--there aren't enough smilies for this thread.
Think this one is appropriate.

Let's pretend that all things between Sage & Matt are equal, except their respective contacts. Sage's contract is much more manageable to trade, for both the Texans and their trading partner. I hope that helps.
Old 03-21-2008   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This should help.
Old 03-21-2008   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Of course. Absolutely ! No doubt about it.
Listen son, I've got some property I want to show east of here a ways. Actually its in Louisiana. It's a little swappy, and you gotta be careful that the 'gators don't bite you. But here's the deal, its prime Real Estate, but I'm gonna let you have it at a bargain-basement price !
Old 03-21-2008   #10
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread equals:

Old 03-21-2008   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the possibility of signing Quinn Gray and all the talk about trading Sage, I have an interesting question to ask:

Gray "appears" to have really good ability and decision making skills. I don't see him coming here to be a #3 QB and he may be a better long term QB prospect than either Matt or Sage. Personally, if we can get anything more for Matt than we can for Sage, I would trade Matt over Sage. I just don't see where Matt is head and shoulders better than Sage and he is apparently less durable. If he has more trade value and we sign Gray, I say trade 'em.

What say you?

Oh no you dih-ent! (snaps fingers 3 times forming a z)
Old 03-21-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Nuff' said.
Old 03-21-2008   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What say you?

That this Matt vs Sage is quickly appraoching the Carr level of stupidity among some posters.

I'm about to stop entering any thread that has either Matt Schaub or Sage Rosenfels in the title.
Old 03-21-2008   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Nuff' said.
The idea of locking this thread is the best thing I've read in this thread.
Old 03-21-2008   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

trade both for Vince.........

But I'd rather have Sage than Schaub for multiple reasons.............
Old 03-21-2008   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to say that on any given Sunday any NFL team can beat another. Bad things happen to good people. I think we will take this one day at a time and pull together as a team. You are only as good as your last performance and we are only as strong as our weakest link. Can I get a Harumpf to that?
Old 03-21-2008   #17
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Quinn Gray? A better long term prospect than Matt or Sage ?

What are you basing this on ?
Younger, better stats....
Old 03-21-2008   #18
maddogmrb
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This answer this question.

If Matt was a FA would he been signed already? YES!!

If Sage was a FA would he have been signed already? YES!!

I hopis help mad because you really have an issue with QBs.
Huh?
Old 03-21-2008   #19
maddogmrb
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Let's pretend that all things between Sage & Matt are equal, except their respective contacts. Sage's contract is much more manageable to trade, for both the Texans and their trading partner. I hope that helps.
Okay, good point. But, you didn't answer any of my questions.
Old 03-21-2008   #20
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

If we trade Sage away, Quinn would be a good backup. But hell to the no on trading Matt. That would be dumb. And honestly, I would sign Gray and have him and Sage battle it out for the number two position.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read