Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #141
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2008 Schedule?

for sure the focus needs to be on our division. also, kubiak said a few weeks ago that the focus for the team this year is "get it" for the defense, and "keep it" for the offense. turnovers were our achillies last year and he's made it the main focus. the turnover battle always plays an even bigger role in road games so i think if we follow that concept of "get it" and "keep it" and also keep our focus on doing better against the afc south we could be in pretty good shape.

"get it - keep it"
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #142
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that it matters to any of you people here, but does anybody realize that the draft hasn't started yet, and we are talking about terrible scheduling I think Hoth-Boy has it right. The NO schedule is just ridiculously brutal (An entire month and a half away from N.O.) on fans, and honestly I'm more incensed by which teams got loads and loads of prime time games (Cleveland, Eagles). Hey, last year's schedule, I think we had 3 (maybe?) 3 p.m. games, which is the same as now, but our national game was on Thursday last year. This year we get to watch a battle red game, against the Jags, on Monday night, where there could be playoff implications. I mean, how freakin perfect is that? And it's at Reliant too? Rather than at whatever crappy teal tarped stadium is in Jacksonville? Sign me up, that sounds way way better than Denver on a Thursday.

Besides, if the Texans are who they think they are, this schedule will let them easily come out of the gate swingin.

Now with that out the way, predictions before anything has even happened:

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. - L Tough loss here. Harsh defense gave us a lot of trouble last year. 0 - 1
2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. W The Ravens were cupcakes last year, and I don't think they really did anything in the off season. 1 - 1
3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. - L These guys smote us last year, and I haven't seen anything that says they won't do it again this year. 1 - 2
4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. - L Killer road games in september begin to spell doom and gloom on the boards. 1 - 3
5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. - W I can see a win here for no other reason than I am a homer and I think it will happen at some point, so why not now. 2 - 3
6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. - W Hopes look up as we torch a cupcake 3 - 3
7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. - W Matt Millen earns his extension by the bad decision. I could see our defense having a killer game against the Lions 4 - 3
8 Oct. 26 Bye
9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. - L Adrian Peterson does it up. 4 - 4
10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. - L Well, I think this will be one of those games we weren't supposed to lose and we did. 4 - 5
11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L Revenge for Peyton and his band of merry men. 4 - 6
12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. W Not a big fan of Clevelands "big moves" this year. Plus, the Browns have been good at one thing consistently over the last 10 years. Dissappointment. 5 - 6
13 Dec. 1 (Mon.) Jacksonville Jaguars 8:30 p.m. W The house is rockin as we put em down. 6 - 6
14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. W Favre-less Packers just aren't as good on offense. 7 - 6
15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W Putting Vince in his place. 8 - 6
16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. W The Raiders are baloney and I don't think they dig themselves out for awhile. They better hope Jamarcus Russel does it up big this year if they have any hope at all. 9 - 6
17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. L I think we end up dropping another heartbreaker at the end of the season and it knocks us out of playoff contention. We call it a marked improvement but Kubiak could become a coach nearing the hotseat if he's not in the playoffs by year 3 or 4. 9 - 7
Old 04-15-2008   #143
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

When are NO 6 weeks away from home?
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #144
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pretty pumped about the Texans schedule. Until Texans_Chick brought me down with those Debbie Downer posts. "Debbie, Please!"

I think the Texans can matchup well against these teams in September, if they're healthy. And you would think they would have the best chance at being healthy early in the season. Right?

Breaking it down, month by month:

September - Hold the rope and hang tough (2-2)
October - Build momentum (2-1)
November - Keep the faith (2-2)
December - Bring it home (4-1)

Let's not forget that monster MNF game on December 1st. Where Texans fans show the nation what football in Houston is all about. 10 & 6 and the playoffs, baby!

The Texans are good enough, they're smart enough, and doggone it, people like them!
Old 04-15-2008   #145
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

schedule is brutal but a winning record in our division will decide our faith
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #146
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
When are NO 6 weeks away from home?
7 Oct. 19 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. 8 Oct. 26 San Diego Chargers (in London) 1 p.m. 9 Nov. 2 Bye 10 Nov. 9 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m. 11 Nov. 16 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. 12 Nov. 24 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
Old 04-15-2008   #147
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm looking at those 3 straight divisional games early in the year. I like the week 8 bye though.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #148
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You know what? I hear all of you, but to me, if they scheduled us against the Pats for 16 games, I'd be alright with that. To be the best, you have to beat the best. As far as the spacing ..... well, if I am going to have to watch football from my couch, September's a good month to choose. Maybe the October and December games will be held with an open roof.
Old 04-15-2008   #149
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Am I happy with it? No. But then again a) I don't think this team will go 1-4, b) I would never imply that the NFL has it out for the Texans, and c) you paly the games that you are scheduled to play.

If we go 1-4 I would not blame the schedule, I would blame the team and if we went 1-4 it would likely mean that we are repeating our futlilty against the AFC South and I would blame the team for that as well.. Every team in the NFL plays 16 games, 8 at home and 8 on the road (unless your the Saints, who are probably the only team with a legitamite schedule beef). Every team plays a home and home series with their division rivals. The NFL is not out to screw one team or another (which has beenimplied several times in this thread).

I'd rather have the first 5 weeks the way they are and keep the bye week where it is, then change the first 5 and change the bye.

Nobody knows who tough the schedule is going to be at this time, things are to fluid in the NFL for any of us to predict what will be a tough game and what will not be. To much can happen between now and then.

Sorry if I get a little twisted when people start complaining about how the schedule doesn't quite mesh in with there prefered tailgatting plans.
Okay, I cannot prove the NFL actually hates the Texans. But, you can agree with me that the schedule isn't completely random. They want certain number of teams to get a certain number of TV games, and want to have certain matchups during particular times of the year. See e.g. Colts-Patriots

So they schedule their preferred teams first and then those of us scrub teams have to beg for our 3:00 pm starts. They know that the Texans have everything sold out, compared to let's say, the Jaguars that they have to be a little careful with given their precarious financial shape compared to the rest of the league:

Jags website: Jags given good schedule Balance, exposure provided

Quote:
• The Jaguars will receive a lot of national exposure. More specifically, Jacksonville Municipal Stadium will receive a considerable amount of national exposure, and that should help the Jaguars sell the stadium’s naming rights.

Prime-time home games are scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 5, against the Steelers, and for Thursday, Dec. 18, against the Colts. Those are the highlight games of the home schedule, but there is also a four o’clock game against visiting Cleveland on Sunday, Oct. 26, and those three dates could give “The Jack” a full name and the Jaguars needed revenue.

There is also a Monday nighter in Houston on Dec. 1 and a four o’clock job in Indianapolis in week three. Those two and the three high-profile home games give the ’08 schedule a lot of flavor and that’s a major positive.

• It’s a marketing dream come true.

Why? Well, the home opener is an easy sell and the opponent that day is Buffalo, which would otherwise not be an easy sell. That’s one tough sell out of the way, right?

The schedule has balance. It has three, maybe four, high-demand games (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Indianapolis and, maybe, Cleveland), and those games are spaced out neatly, which should aid sales of the not-so-high-demand games.

• There are no red-flag months.

Last year, for example, the Jaguars faced a midseason stretch of schedule that included three consecutive road games. The Jaguars face no such daunting stretch of schedule this year. They play a minimum of two home games in every month of the season and the bye week comes favorably in week seven of the season.
The Texans have every game sold out. They are a high revenue team because they aren't located in some backwater reject town. No huge stars on the team so there is no need to highlight them. No long tradition of fandom so you don't have that need to highlight them.

So, the league can afford to take a dump on the Texans every year if they want to. Maybe it isn't hate for the Texans and their fanbase. But their preferences for some teams, in a league where every game matters, means the same thing as hating the Texans and their fans.

It just would be nice one year for Gary Kubiak to be able talk about the schedule without mentioning the word "challenging" so many times.

But yeah, I guess I should be happy with the gruel because it is better than nuthin.

/ nuthin < gruel < oatmeal < migas. I want a migas schedule as migas is my favorite breakfast.
Old 04-15-2008   #150
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
October can be a brutally hot month, esp the first part. Remember Oakland in 2004?? For those of you who think the roof will be open with those two 3pm games, I wouldn't bet on it.
By 3:00 the angle of the sun will be getting low in the sky so it might not be as bad you think Grandma.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #151
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing about us having a rough September beginning is that maybe one of our two injury prone RBs will still be healthy and we will have a balanced offense.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #152
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
One thing about us having a rough September beginning is that maybe one of our two injury prone RBs will still be healthy and we will have a balanced offense.

Assuming of course, that the zone blocking offensive line with some new personnel has it all together in loud road stadiums.

/
Old 04-15-2008   #153
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
/ nuthin < gruel < oatmeal < migas. I want a migas schedule as migas is my favorite breakfast.
You will get nothing and like it.

I like the schedule this year as this is the next step on the journey to being a contender. Years past I would have already been sweatin,' but we're different with Smithiak at the helm, the anti-Carrsserly - if you will.

As far as MNF, SNF & 3 pm goes, I would have liked another prime time game. However, December 1st at home against the Jags is as good as it gets, should everything fall in place.
Old 04-15-2008   #154
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it we are good enough to beat any team in the NFL there is really no easy game in the NFL IMO even

Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Atlanta
Carolina
and even the jets

are all deadly teams IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #155
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Then 3 weeks in a row at home. I hope my liver is up to it.
You ain't kidding, but that's what the pre-season's for, right? Hell, I may have to start my...uhh...off-season workouts a little early this year.

I don't have a problem with the schedule. Road heavy up front or whatever, if the Texans are good, if they are going to be a playoff contender, you win your games whenever and wherever. Hell, we've known the teams we're playing this year since 2002. I don't really think it matters much how they line 'em up. If this team is going to raise the bar, then they need to overcome the adversity, whatever form it takes.

Yeah, we start with 3 of 4 on the road, but next up is 4 of 5 at home, where the Texans went 6-2 last year. Then they finish up with 2 of 3 at home. I actually think that could be pretty favorable if it comes down to clinching a playoff berth.

And I also don't buy too much into how tough it looks. Things can change drastically from year to year and you never know where or how hard the injury bug strikes. Carolina and New Orleans were supposed to be tough last year. Maybe even Denver too. Let's just see how it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
why do we have the annual

Oakland and Browns Games EVERY FREAKING YEAR !!!!!!! LOL
Those teams, and Miami too, keep finishing in the same spot in the standings the Texans do, usually last, so that's why we play those teams every year. Expect this year we're playing Cleveland because it's the AFC North's turn in the rotation.

Guess what, next year it's the AFC East's turn and we play Miami again in South Florida. And it's possible that we'd be playing Oakland (here) and Cleveland (there) again as well. Depending on where the Texans finish in the standings, an AFC west team in the same position will come to Houston and we travel to an AFC North team in the same position.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #156
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephanie makes some very good points about why we don't get considered regarding our schedule. That being said, teams like Indy, NE, Dal, etc.. have 5 or 6 prime time games are consistantly playing on short rest and in difficult circumstances and they are doing all right. As a matter of a fact, the NYGiants have 4 prime time games- three on the road, and I believe they also have 2 3 game home stands. For Superbowl champs, that's a lot to complain about.

Anyway, I've had season tickets since the beginning and have driven back and forth from Austin to Houston and back again after some brutal games- making many drives without much to hope for other than a good showing and some hope for future seasons. NOT THIS YEAR! This is the year and DEC 1 is going to replace the inaugural game against Dallas as the most intense and exciting sporting event I've ever been a part of! Our first MNF game ever- against the evil Jaguars, 11 games into the season... WOW!!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #157
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's okay having tough road games at the beginning of the season. At least we get that out of the way before most of the injuries set in (hopefully). PIT, TEN, & JAX on the road are three games we definitely want to play with all of our starters.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #158
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
So you can legitimately say that you are happy with the schedule? You are happy with the possibility of going 1-4?
at least then we'll know if we're contenders or not early... if we start 1-4 then what does it matter- we're not good enough to compete with the best teams

we played best at the start of last year (panthers etc).. so yeah id prefer a really tough 2-3 start than a cakewalk 4-1 where we think we've arrived and then get destroyed in the second half of the season ala the lions this year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #159
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

For you guys/gals on Macs that downloaded my Texans Ticker Widget last season, the new schedule should start appearing once the countdown to the draft is over. I don't care who we play or when, I'm just ready for some FOOTBALL!!

-Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #160
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm surprised by some of the more cognitive posters here at the conspiracy theory sort of twist this is taking. yes it's a hard schedule. but i think it moves. it's intense or "challenging" and then it lets up a bit. then it tightens up again and in the end, the best part, we get to finish strong at home.

i agree with the thinking that it's time to buck up. it's time to face adversity head on and stop licking our wounds. i'm not hoping for a good year. i'm expecting it. our team needs to come out and be competitive and win football games against good football teams. thats what good football teams do. they win football games.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read