Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #121
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Texans 2008 Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
why do we have the annual

Oakland and Browns Games EVERY FREAKING YEAR !!!!!!! LOL
Don't forget Miami.
Old 04-15-2008   #122
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I feel good about 2008, regardless of the projections of records from our opponents 2007 seasons. Lots of things could happen, between injuries and lack of chemistry, to our team might actually evolve into a solid winning team that can compete with anyone. It's way too early to get lost in conjecture at this point.
Yeah, the schedule is tough and there aren't any directional schools in the NFL. I prefer the early home games, but even that isn't a killer.

I am just more angry about how it affects my home game viewing experience. It's more fun when the games are more evenly spaced over the course of a season. It's yet another NFL afterthought feast-famine schedule.

And I would love for December to mean something than, oh gee, can the Texans end up above .500.

2008 schedule = do Christmas shopping in November. Watch cholesterol and liver function in months of October and December.
Old 04-15-2008   #123
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Breaking News.....

We still get 10 PRIME TAILGATING dates !!!!! Who cares if I gotta be at the gate at 6:00am or whenever for the later games....

Now I know when I need to start planning the tailgates....games, well heck, thats halftime for the tailgate parties !!!!

Lighten up everyone, season is still far away, and with the draft coming up, who cares of home/road games at this time. Let's all enjoy the fact the season is getting closer and that home or away, this is going to be a great season !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #124
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Tough opening schedule.

Houston Texans
Wk Date Matchup Time
1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 Bye
9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m.
13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m.

what I'm seeing is five great defensive teams at the first of the season. Followed by six of eight games against great rushing attacks at the end of the season. Only break is we face two new QBs. Kubiak gets them to above nine wins...he's earned his oats. O-line has to hit the ground running. Or the new Rb better be the second coming of Bo Jackson. Schedule looks like jelly a dough nut. the cream is in the middle.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #125
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Breaking News.....

We still get 10 PRIME TAILGATING dates !!!!! Who cares if I gotta be at the gate at 6:00am or whenever for the later games....

Now I know when I need to start planning the tailgates....games, well heck, thats halftime for the tailgate parties !!!!

Lighten up everyone, season is still far away, and with the draft coming up, who cares of home/road games at this time. Let's all enjoy the fact the season is getting closer and that home or away, this is going to be a great season !!
I am thankful for the NFL in Houston.

I am not thankful for a schedule that will cause the family to say, "WHAT? You are going to another game this weekend?"

And only one freaking game in September. Tell me how tailgate thankful you are when September comes and you want to bust out the BBQ, and there is just one freaking game. I guess October tailgating is slightly cooler. /weak attempt at looking on the brightside of staring at an ugly early season schedule.

And hell, we probably only got our afternoon games to work around the Titans/Cowboys programming.

Apologies, if I am not happy happy joy joy looking at this schedule, but this schedule has put me into a funk.
Old 04-15-2008   #126
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I am not thankful for a schedule that will cause the family to say, "WHAT? You are going to another game this weekend?"

And only one freaking game in September. Tell me how tailgate thankful you are when September comes and you want to bust out the BBQ, and there is just one freaking game. I guess October tailgating is slightly cooler. /weak attempt at looking on the brightside of staring at an ugly early season schedule.

And hell, we probably only got our afternoon games to work around the Titans/Cowboys programming.

Apologies, if I am not happy happy joy joy looking at this schedule, but this schedule has put me into a funk.
I'd love to have that problem, but turning down a promotion (which included a transfer to Dallas) wasn't in the cards. I'd love to be able to go to all the Texans home games every year. Currently between work and family duties, I'm lucky to make one.

Sorry the NFL failed to consult you when they made the schedule, but it's not the worst nor is it the best; but it is fair. Next year the schedule will be more to your liking, just like last year's was.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #127
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I'd love to have that problem, but turning down a promotion (which included a transfer to Dallas) wasn't in the cards. I'd love to be able to go to all the Texans home games every year. Currently between work and family duties, I'm lucky to make one.

Sorry the NFL failed to consult you when they made the schedule, but it's not the worst nor is it the best; but it is fair. Next year the schedule will be more to your liking, just like last year's was.
So you can legitimately say that you are happy with the schedule? You are happy with the possibility of going 1-4?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #128
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry TC, I know you are in a funk...but your attempt at looking at the brightside for tailgating is a start !! ; ) I never even took into consideration it being a little cooler in October, so thanks for giving me even a little more to be excited about !!
Old 04-15-2008   #129
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
So you can legitimately say that you are happy with the schedule? You are happy with the possibility of going 1-4?
This wouldn't be a very good year to get the injury bug at DT late in the season.
. Just brutal. Well we got a good bye. lol.
Old 04-15-2008   #130
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Am I happy with it? No. But then again a) I don't think this team will go 1-4, b) I would never imply that the NFL has it out for the Texans, and c) you paly the games that you are scheduled to play.

If we go 1-4 I would not blame the schedule, I would blame the team and if we went 1-4 it would likely mean that we are repeating our futlilty against the AFC South and I would blame the team for that as well.. Every team in the NFL plays 16 games, 8 at home and 8 on the road (unless your the Saints, who are probably the only team with a legitamite schedule beef). Every team plays a home and home series with their division rivals. The NFL is not out to screw one team or another (which has beenimplied several times in this thread).

I'd rather have the first 5 weeks the way they are and keep the bye week where it is, then change the first 5 and change the bye.

Nobody knows who tough the schedule is going to be at this time, things are to fluid in the NFL for any of us to predict what will be a tough game and what will not be. To much can happen between now and then.

Sorry if I get a little twisted when people start complaining about how the schedule doesn't quite mesh in with there prefered tailgatting plans.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #131
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough, tough start to the season. If we can get through the first 5 or 6 games without getting our butts handed to us or our key players injured we'll have a decent shot at a playoff run in the second half of the season. At least the bye week comes at a nice time this year. Oh, and MNF is pretty cool too.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #132
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
...Sorry if I get a little twisted when people start complaining about how the schedule doesn't quite mesh in with there prefered tailgatting plans.
Is it bad if the first thing I notice is a Monday night game and 2 afternoon games and wish I was back in Houston with season tickets in hand for those (and the other 7 home games).

Those tailgates are gonna rock - I better be able to hear y'all over the tube when the Texans make their 1st home game (and every home game this season).

Oh - and get in the seats a little earlier. I wanna see this in every row...

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #133
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

October can be a brutally hot month, esp the first part. Remember Oakland in 2004?? For those of you who think the roof will be open with those two 3pm games, I wouldn't bet on it.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #134
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
October can be a brutally hot month, esp the first part. Remember Oakland in 2004?? For those of you who think the roof will be open with those two 3pm games, I wouldn't bet on it.
You are correct, anything over 80 degrees and it is shut, and it doesn't get under that until late November....
Old 04-15-2008   #135
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes its not only who we play but when and where that plays a factor.

Houston Texans
Wk Date Matchup Time
1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. - L. No way around this one unless Rothlisburger rides his motorcycle without a helmet. Home opener in Pittsburgh, that just about sums this game up. As far as talent match ups go we do have a better core of receivers and a better TE w/OD but that is about it. There QB/OL/RB/DEF get the edge.

2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. - W. Not only are we catching a team in transition but this team has no talent. Ok, so they have Ed Reed, but then who? Lewis? Age is starting to set in and unlike before this dog is losing its bite. Offensively there line is average to below, no receivers, no QB's, and McGahee is over-rated. Not to mention this is our home opener and will be coming off a tough loss to the Steelers.

3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. - W. F.U. flamers!

4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. - W. This will be our first 3 game win streak in the same year. Not only have they lost a valuable member of the DL, still no receivers, and Taylor turning yet another year older, Del Rio has a fat new contract and will settle back in to his mediocrity and settle for average now that his job is safe. Plus with Gray, we have regained the edge into the Psyche of the Jags.

5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. - W. Its at home, what can I say? We have to beat the Colts sometime in our life to be contenders so why not this week? Both Amobi and Williams Tee off on Manning and he is to busy crying to play the game.

6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W. We are at home, we play the Dolphins, they have yet to beat us. They still suck.

7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W. They have no QB, no WR, no OL, no RB, no Defense. We are at home. I give the edge to the Texans.

8 Oct. 26 Bye - I like our odds here.

9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. L. With still a lack luster Run D Petterson single handedly makes us his prison, well you know. Much in the same fashion as Larry Johnson did a few years ago.

10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W. Marve Lewis is fired at this point. The Bengals are left with no receivers, Rudi is still unable to regain his form and there is so much in fighting with the team that they completely lose focus and implode causing Palmer to blame there crappy year on global warming.

11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L. In Indy, nuff said.

12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. L. I hate Cleveland but we lose for yet another embarrassing turn out by the lake of death.

13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W - Battle Red? National TV audience? Jacksonville? Win baby win!

14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. L - Its starting to get cold outside and its Lambo field. That, and there defense is better than ours, they run the ball effectively, (and remember when I said we still don't have a run defense?) Its a long day, a close match, but we still lose.

15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W - F.U. Flamers!

16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. - W - Hadn't lost to them yet, why start now?

17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. W - We have to win this game, my wife is from Chicago and I have done nothing but tease her for the last four years.

So I guess you can sign me up for 11-5.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #136
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll play...

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. - W
2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. - W
3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. - L
4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. - L
5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. - L
6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W
7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W
8 Oct. 26 Bye -
9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. L
10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W
11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L
12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. L
13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W
14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. L
15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W
16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. - W
17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. W

I'm guessing we go 9-7, Jacksonville wins the Division, and we unfortunately miss out on a Wild Card spot (Indianapolis and Buffalo).
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #137
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Two teams in the league start off with three road games in September. It's the month you really really want to see your football, and we get one freaking game.

It is pathetic that the high point of the Texans schedule is wooweee we finally get some 3:00 games. Sir, may I have more gruel?

Yeah, you have to win your games whenever they are played, but I hate how the NFL tends to space out the Texans schedule. It always looks like an afterthought.
No brown sugar and raisins with your gruel!
Old 04-15-2008   #138
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
They can't switch the Monday night game. The Sunday night games can be switched though. Green Bay in December just about counts me out for that trip. I want to see Lambeau, but I don't want to have to freeze to do it.
you're nuts. thats the only way to experience it. i went with my wife last year for Brett's final regular season home game. it was freezing. it was the most perfect football experience you could ever imagine. there are no words. when you come up out of the tunnel at lambeau and the crisp air hits your face.... god i love pro football.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #139
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Sometimes its not only who we play but when and where that plays a factor.

Houston Texans
Wk Date Matchup Time
1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. - L. No way around this one unless Rothlisburger rides his motorcycle without a helmet. Home opener in Pittsburgh, that just about sums this game up. As far as talent match ups go we do have a better core of receivers and a better TE w/OD but that is about it. There QB/OL/RB/DEF get the edge.

2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. - W. Not only are we catching a team in transition but this team has no talent. Ok, so they have Ed Reed, but then who? Lewis? Age is starting to set in and unlike before this dog is losing its bite. Offensively there line is average to below, no receivers, no QB's, and McGahee is over-rated. Not to mention this is our home opener and will be coming off a tough loss to the Steelers.

3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. - W. F.U. flamers!

4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. - W. This will be our first 3 game win streak in the same year. Not only have they lost a valuable member of the DL, still no receivers, and Taylor turning yet another year older, Del Rio has a fat new contract and will settle back in to his mediocrity and settle for average now that his job is safe. Plus with Gray, we have regained the edge into the Psyche of the Jags.

5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. - W. Its at home, what can I say? We have to beat the Colts sometime in our life to be contenders so why not this week? Both Amobi and Williams Tee off on Manning and he is to busy crying to play the game.

6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W. We are at home, we play the Dolphins, they have yet to beat us. They still suck.

7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W. They have no QB, no WR, no OL, no RB, no Defense. We are at home. I give the edge to the Texans.

8 Oct. 26 Bye - I like our odds here.

9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. L. With still a lack luster Run D Petterson single handedly makes us his prison, well you know. Much in the same fashion as Larry Johnson did a few years ago.

10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W. Marve Lewis is fired at this point. The Bengals are left with no receivers, Rudi is still unable to regain his form and there is so much in fighting with the team that they completely lose focus and implode causing Palmer to blame there crappy year on global warming.

11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L. In Indy, nuff said.

12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. L. I hate Cleveland but we lose for yet another embarrassing turn out by the lake of death.

13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W - Battle Red? National TV audience? Jacksonville? Win baby win!

14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. L - Its starting to get cold outside and its Lambo field. That, and there defense is better than ours, they run the ball effectively, (and remember when I said we still don't have a run defense?) Its a long day, a close match, but we still lose.

15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W - F.U. Flamers!

16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. - W - Hadn't lost to them yet, why start now?

17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. W - We have to win this game, my wife is from Chicago and I have done nothing but tease her for the last four years.

So I guess you can sign me up for 11-5.
Good post it all comes down to divison games if we can win some of thoes games we will be in the playoffs thats the hardest thing 2 do tho !!!! it will be a battle blood sweet and tears
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #140
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schedule-shmedule... I watch the games at home on my big screen.
So as long as we're playing in January 2009, I'm happy.

But I will say this, I don't see anyone outside our division that scares me. Worries me? yeah, a little. But no one scares me.

- Pittsburgh - "Fast" Willie Parker is coming back from a broken leg and Roethlisberger has never impressed me. Who's gonna replace Faneca?
- Baltimore - D is old. "O" is old. Everybody is oooooollllldd.
- Miami - *yawn*
- Detroit - They were 2-6 on the road last year. I like our chances.
- Minnesota - Make T. Jackson beat us and we have a chance. If A.P. gets loose.... well, I'd rather not think about it
- Cincinnati - depends on who's out on parole that week
- Cleveland - They actually worry me. Maybe we can feed 'em some bad barbeque
- Green Bay - This worries me too. GB in Dec is not in our favor. And Brett may be back by now. ;o)
- Oakland - *yawn* I wonder who the interim coach will be - I'm betting they'll have one by now.
- Chicago - Let's hope Lovie is still saying, "Rex is our quarterback"
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read