Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #101
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2008 Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Sorry man its only 2 games. the Oakland game is away.
Yup, but JAX is Monday night. That's 3 outta 8.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #102
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

This schedule looks scary bad.

Not many easy games for the Texans in 2008.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #103
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp! Let us hope the Gibbs majic takes hold during Pre-season. Otherwise, we could be pulling the trigger by our bye week.
Old 04-15-2008   #104
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Welp! Let us hope the Gibbs majic takes hold during Pre-season. Otherwise, we could be pulling the trigger by our bye week.
If there's one thing Texans fans are good at, it's all the doomsday stuff. I'm pretty sure that at some point last year our team was going to start playing in a stadium called the Toilet Bowl, was going to be kicked out of the NFL and sent to D-III, was going to finish 1-15, and was going to bring back Casserly as a GM. At least, that's what I got out of some fans reactions.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #105
andre'
Bandwagoner

Rep Power: 12 andre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden cover

Schedule looks doable. 9-7 is in grasp, hopefully more. Its gonna be on Schaub a lot
andre' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #106
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully we can get one of our games moved to Sunday Night! That would mean we're having one helluva season!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #107
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough starting schedule but I think we can win the last 4 or 5 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs this year.
Old 04-15-2008   #108
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You can still have home games at the back end of the schedule without having three of four home games in September on the road.

One of the biggest problems with the Texans have been their road play, and lacking confidence in themselves.

From my quick looksee, the Texans and the Cardinals are the only teams in the league with three road games in September. Two teams that probably would do better with some more early season confidence.

The league hates us.

go to about 20 other nfl team MB's and you'll see the same thing written...

the league doesnt hate anyone its just how it worked out... no matter what happens we'll have to win 10-11 games this year if they're home or away, in bunches, hot or cold
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #109
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre' View Post
Schedule looks doable. 9-7 is in grasp, hopefully more. Its gonna be on Schaub a lot
I think our offense will be ok. I think we averaged 23-24 points a game, which is more than enough to win. It's the defense that has me worried. It will be tested early in the season, that's for sure.
Old 04-15-2008   #110
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ravens in week 2... new HC
tacks in week 3....new OC

alot of teams have new guys
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #111
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If there's one thing Texans fans are good at, it's all the doomsday stuff. I'm pretty sure that at some point last year our team was going to start playing in a stadium called the Toilet Bowl, was going to be kicked out of the NFL and sent to D-III, was going to finish 1-15, and was going to bring back Casserly as a GM. At least, that's what I got out of some fans reactions.
I was one of those who thought last year's schedule was so favorable that the team would make the playoffs. This schedule scares me. Hoepfully I'm wrong again and some of those teams that look like asskickers end up being dogs.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #112
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think our offense will be ok. I think we averaged 23-24 points a game, which is more than enough to win. It's the defense that has me worried. It will be tested early in the season, that's for sure.
Same here.

The offense will be fine. They're coming off a season where the QB's combined for nearly 4,000 yards throwing and as HOU-TEX said 23-24 ppg average should be enough...

DEFENSE, is where we really need to improve.
Old 04-15-2008   #113
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

go to about 20 other nfl team MB's and you'll see the same thing written...

the league doesnt hate anyone its just how it worked out... no matter what happens we'll have to win 10-11 games this year if they're home or away, in bunches, hot or cold
Two teams in the league start off with three road games in September. It's the month you really really want to see your football, and we get one freaking game.

It is pathetic that the high point of the Texans schedule is wooweee we finally get some 3:00 games. Sir, may I have more gruel?

Yeah, you have to win your games whenever they are played, but I hate how the NFL tends to space out the Texans schedule. It always looks like an afterthought.
Old 04-15-2008   #114
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suspect we'll be better on average this year than last year. Even if PPG stay the same, I think our drives will be longer and more time consuming. Anything to give our defense that much more rest and the opposing offense that much less time to score is all the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
ravens in week 2... new HC
tacks in week 3....new OC

alot of teams have new guys
Pittsburgh is a team that scares me but I think our DL will be able to handle their OL (or lackthereof)... this could be an "upset" game we win but the media is dumbfounded. They lost some key pieces to their OL.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #115
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Finally! I get to watch a Texan's game live!

When I get to work, I'll be putting my leave in for the 1st of Dec.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #116
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Two teams in the league start off with three road games in September. It's the month you really really want to see your football, and we get one freaking game.

It is pathetic that the high point of the Texans schedule is wooweee we finally get some 3:00 games. Sir, may I have more gruel?

Yeah, you have to win your games whenever they are played, but I hate how the NFL tends to space out the Texans schedule. It always looks like an afterthought.
Agreed.

I'm not liking this years schedule at all. Not because of the games, because I have a feeling the games are going to be really close and awesome. MNF is always a plus, too. But It's been like 4 seasons since the last time we had a decent schedule in terms of home-away weeks. :/
Old 04-15-2008   #117
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

HERE WE GO !!!!

at Pittsburgh Steelers -My god right off the back we play two of the most physical teams in the NFL!!! we are going to need meds !!!! LOL the hype will start when will spank Pitts -W

Baltimore Ravens-W

at Tennessee Titans-W

at Jacksonville Jaguars-L

Indianapolis Colts-W

Miami Dolphins -W

Detroit Lions -W

at Minnesota Vikings-L

Cincinnati Bengals-W

at Indianapolis Colts -L

at Cleveland Browns-W

Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.)- WIN !!! MNF !!!
at Green Bay Packers-W

Tennessee Titans-W

at Oakland Raiders -W

Chicago Bears-L

11-4

Playyoffs !!!!!!!!!LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #118
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

You know what, looking at the schedule I am digging the 3pm games.

I'm glad that we'll be able to have the roof open but the sun won't be in our eyes for 14/15ths of the freakin game. :P
Old 04-15-2008   #119
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel good about 2008, regardless of the projections of records from our opponents 2007 seasons. Lots of things could happen, between injuries and lack of chemistry, to our team might actually evolve into a solid winning team that can compete with anyone. It's way too early to get lost in conjecture at this point.
Old 04-15-2008   #120
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

why do we have the annual

Oakland and Browns Games EVERY FREAKING YEAR !!!!!!! LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read