Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #81
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Texans 2008 Schedule?

We Win Win Every Freaking One Of Our Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring Jake Plummer!!!!!!!!!!!
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #82
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I would rather have them start off on the road when most teams are still trying to find their identity, as they can very well steal some games..
As for the prime games, the 1st MNF game is a start, but the game better have meaning or goodbye to that. What gets me a little is this, the Giants have 4 prime games, but 3 are on the road, so much for the league giving the SB champs more than 1 home prime game...then Dallas gets 5...now granted, some can be changed as well, but if they all hold firm, they will have 5 prime Sunday and Monday games this season...that is absurd !!
I'm not complaining about the Texans getting passed over, they are working on it, but to have Dallas get 5, and not because they are Dallas, but what do they do to deserve that other than TO meltdowns or Romo and his girlfriends..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #83
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
A lot of people here think the Texans are a play-off caliber team, if they are then the opening stretch is there change to prove it. At Pittsburgh and home to Indy are easily the toughest of the first 5, the other 3 are all winable if this team is as good as the fans think it is.

The middle 5 weeks is just as easy as the first 5 are hard. Home to Miami, home to Det., Bye, at the Vikings and then home to Cincy.

The last 7 feature 2 tough games and a whole slew of winnable ones. The tough ones are at Cle (which will only be tough if Anderson stays as hot as he was last year) and at Indy.

If the Texans make the playoffs this year they will have earned it.

I prefer home games at the beginning of the season so a team can get their feet under them. The Colts, Titans, and Jags each have at least two home games in September. (Though the Colts get the unfortunately early bye).

Getting better on the road won't be just a point of emphasis for the Texans this season, it will have to be the most important thing.
Old 04-15-2008   #84
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Well I would rather have them start off on the road when most teams are still trying to find their identity, as they can very well steal some games..
As for the prime games, the 1st MNF game is a start, but the game better have meaning or goodbye to that. What gets me a little is this, the Giants have 4 prime games, but 3 are on the road, so much for the league giving the SB champs more than 1 home prime game...then Dallas gets 5...now granted, some can be changed as well, but if they all hold firm, they will have 5 prime Sunday and Monday games this season...that is absurd !!
I'm not complaining about the Texans getting passed over, they are working on it, but to have Dallas get 5, and not because they are Dallas, but what do they do to deserve that other than TO meltdowns or Romo and his girlfriends..
Like it or not, and you may choose to ignore it, but there is no denying that the Cowboys have a huge following and they equal huge ratings for primetime games.

It's sickening, I know, but it is also fact.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #85
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Stephanie that it sucks having home games bunched up. I drive from Austin to go to games and it's difficult to leave the family 3 Sundays in a row.

Having said that, Man am I happy that 3 of my 8 trips to Houston won't start at 5 am and I won't have to force down a beer at 8 am. Gotta love the 3 pms! And, Jacksonville on Monday night in late November... That's amazing!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #86
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I prefer home games at the beginning of the season so a team can get their feet under them. The Colts, Titans, and Jags each have at least two home games in September. (Though the Colts get the unfortunately early bye).

Getting better on the road won't be just a point of emphasis for the Texans this season, it will have to be the most important thing.
If this team is ready for the playoffs then I would prefer the home games to be in the back half of the schedule. Playoff teams have to win on the raod to make the playoffs. At Tenn and at JAx will be the key games in the first half of the season. Indy is still Indy, and therfore more thenlikely still a loss.

I still think the focus for this team will be bettering their record against the AFC South.
Old 04-15-2008   #87
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This schedule totally sucks. The NFL hates our team.

I like when home and road games are broken up so that you aren't dying because it has been so long since you have been to a home game. Much less what it does to your team.

Ungood to start off the season with all those road games. Surviving that stretch without losing confidence is key.

Most of November on the road sucks too.

Lambeau in December. Browns at the end of November Suck.

Having a Monday night game is nice, but prepping for GB the next week on the road is not so good.

/sorry about the beyotching. It is just hard negotiating the family stuff when there are so many home games in a row.
Don't be sorry. I am happy we finally have a MNF game but would have liked at least one Sunday night game too. The first 5 games will be tough.

Go Texans!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #88
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I agree with Stephanie that it sucks having home games bunched up. I drive from Austin to go to games and it's difficult to leave the family 3 Sundays in a row.

Having said that, Man am I happy that 3 of my 8 trips to Houston won't start at 5 am and I won't have to force down a beer at 8 am. Gotta love the 3 pms! And, Jacksonville on Monday night in late November... That's amazing!!
Sorry man its only 2 games. the Oakland game is away.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #89
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still think the focus for this team will be bettering their record against the AFC South.
Well, we're going to get a chance to do that very early in the season.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #90
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I like the 2 3pm games they were given... and as for the Monday night game, let's just hope both teams have something to play for so they don't switch it up with some other teams !!
They can't switch the Monday night game. The Sunday night games can be switched though. Green Bay in December just about counts me out for that trip. I want to see Lambeau, but I don't want to have to freeze to do it.
Old 04-15-2008   #91
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, we're going to get a chance to do that very early in the season.
I don't know, playing most of the AFC South late last year didn't help any.

Here's to hoping the Dunta is as close to ready as he says he is.
Old 04-15-2008   #92
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
They can't switch the Monday night game. The Sunday night games can be switched though. Green Bay in December just about counts me out for that trip. I want to see Lambeau, but I don't want to have to freeze to do it.
Dude.

Global Warming.

It will be like summer there.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #93
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Going by last year's records, Houston has the easiest schedule among the AFC South teams. No granted it's about the 8th toughtest schedule in the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3347716
Old 04-15-2008   #94
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this team is ready for the playoffs then I would prefer the home games to be in the back half of the schedule. Playoff teams have to win on the raod to make the playoffs. At Tenn and at JAx will be the key games in the first half of the season. Indy is still Indy, and therfore more thenlikely still a loss.

You can still have home games at the back end of the schedule without having three of four home games in September on the road.

One of the biggest problems with the Texans have been their road play, and lacking confidence in themselves.

From my quick looksee, the Texans and the Cardinals are the only teams in the league with three road games in September. Two teams that probably would do better with some more early season confidence.

The league hates us.
Old 04-15-2008   #95
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Going by last year's records, Houston has the easiest schedule among the AFC South teams. No granted it's about the 8th toughtest schedule in the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3347716
And it doesn't account for home/road stretches, travel.
Old 04-15-2008   #96
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can still have home games at the back end of the schedule without having three of four home games in September on the road.

One of the biggest problems with the Texans have been their road play, and lacking confidence in themselves.

From my quick looksee, the Texans and the Cardinals are the only teams in the league with three road games in September. Two teams that probably would do better with some more early season confidence.

The league hates us.
I wish we had some easy games on the road to start off with. But nope, we get to face the Steelers, Titans and Jags.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #97
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
And it doesn't account for home/road stretches, travel.
I never said it did.

Not winning on the road = not making the playoffs.

If this team does not start at least 2-3 (Baltimore at home and one of the AFC South road games) then last year was a mirage.

The schedule shouldn't be, and I hope isn't, used as an excuse for this team. Travel shouldn't be an issue, on of the benefits to being in the center of the US. We also spend the entire month of October at home, althought caching the Colts off their bye isn't going to be fun.

If the league hates anybody, it's the Saints. Who once again lost a home game, this time to London. And the Chargers who also play in London, as a second of back-to-back road games. Thats getting screwed by the schedule.
Old 04-15-2008   #98
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, WOW, just WOW!! I'm happy about the 3 late home games, and I was hoping for a Dec GB game, (I will be there,) BUT, that's one hell of a tough schedule, esp 3 conf games at the beginning with two of them away. I HATE that!! BRUTAL opening schedule!! TC is gonna have to be more than just TC this year. I think we lucked out on the cold weather games. GB is the only one in Dec. The Colts have a domed stadium, and late Nov just might be ok for the Browns game. Not to bad weather wise IMHO. This is gonna be a tough year for our boys!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #99
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wish we had some easy games on the road to start off with. But nope, we get to face the Steelers, Titans and Jags.
I don't think of the Titans as being on the same level as the Steelers and J-ville.
Old 04-15-2008   #100
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think of the Titans as being on the same level as the Steelers and J-ville.
Actually, I think the Steelers have fallen quite a ways in the last couple of years, and I'd put the Jags a level above both of them and the Titans.

I don't think the increased cap (and resulting difference between the floor and the cap) has done the Steelers any favors. Heaven help their fans if the cap ends up going away completely.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read