Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2008   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2008 Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Okay here ya go...

Detroit=W
Oakland=W
Chicago=W
Indy=W
J-ville=L
Miami=W
Tenn=W
Green Bay=W
Cleveland=L
Indy=L
Minn=L
Tenn=L
Pitt=L
Cincy=W
Baltimore=W
J-ville=W

...in no particular order.
10-6

u no even with 10 wins i still think we might not even clinch a Wildcard spot

i hate are divison LOL its so tough
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #22
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

Detroit=win
Oakland=win
Chicagowin
Indy=win
J-ville=win
Miami=win
Tenn=win
Green Bay=win no farve woot =]
Cleveland=win i hope
Indy=loss
Minn=depends lets hurt peterson then we will see =]
Tenn=win
Pitt=win if we put presshur anything can happen
Cincy=win
Baltimore =win
J-ville=loss

if you think about it you will get a better picture when the schdule comes out with home and away but i say

11-5 thru 13-3 =] play offs then super bowl lets think about plays offs 1st =p
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #23
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on SR610 earlier today that the schedule will be coming out tomorrow around 1pm or so. They mentioned that there is a possibility of having the Thanksgiving Thursday night game against Cleveland and a Monday nighter against Tennessee. Anyone else catch this?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #24
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I heard on SR610 earlier today that the schedule will be coming out tomorrow around 1pm or so. They mentioned that there is a possibility of having the Thanksgiving Thursday night game against Cleveland and a Monday nighter against Tennessee. Anyone else catch this?
A MNF game would be great !! Thanksgiving, well that's family time for me, so I'd hope we get over for that one...Let Dallas and Detroit keep those games !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #25
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was Adam Schien that said a "Birdy" had told him the Thanksgiving game would be Cleveland and the Steelers. TIFWIW, we will see tomorrow.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
A MNF game would be great !! Thanksgiving, well that's family time for me, so I'd hope we get over for that one...Let Dallas and Detroit keep those games !!
It would be at night. NFL Network has Thanksgiving Night Games now. Probably start at 7 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #27
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I think it was Adam Schien that said a "Birdy" had told him the Thanksgiving game would be Cleveland and the Steelers. TIFWIW, we will see tomorrow.
They did mention that it's a toss up between Houston, Baltimore and I think Pittsburgh or maybe Cincy.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2008   #28
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I would much rather have a Sunday Night game rather than a Monday nighter now. Monday has lost its luster to me....Seems like the new Mondays are the old Sundays, and vise versa.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Hey, are we sure it is being announced tomorrow? I haven't heard anything on Total Access.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #29
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
I would much rather have a Sunday Night game rather than a Monday nighter now. Monday has lost its luster to me....Seems like the new Mondays are the old Sundays, and vise versa.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Hey, are we sure it is being announced tomorrow? I haven't heard anything on Total Access.
1 pm CDT tomorrow according to the NFLNTA guys that are now discussing it.

Any prime time game is good for fans. The players love it when they are national and the only game. Coaches care less because it jacks with their weekly scheds. MNF lost its luster years ago...

Everyone brace yourself for the weekly prediction W/L threads...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #30
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
1 pm CDT tomorrow according to the NFLNTA guys that are now discussing it.

Any prime time game is good for fans. The players love it when they are national and the only game. Coaches care less because it jacks with their weekly scheds. MNF lost its luster years ago...

Everyone brace yourself for the weekly prediction W/L threads...
Don't these come after the draft and during OTAs?
Old 04-14-2008   #31
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Don't these come after the draft and during OTAs?
Yeah, probably. But it's never too early to get started - I can't imagine our 1st rounder making that big of a difference on the bottom line this year (as much as players staying healthy). I noticed a few prediction posts above this since I posted that comment - makes sense since we already know who, just not when...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #32
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

A Thanksgiving game would really give the team some great national exposure . I know on Thanksgiving at my house theres family time , and then the family watches the games , even the crappy ones . The Browns always give the Texans a good game , so it would just make their image even better playing a close hard fought game .......... especially if they win .

A MNF game vs the Tacks would be pretty cool too .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #33
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait to see our schedule!!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #34
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Hopefully school goes by fast tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2008   #35
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
A Thanksgiving game would really give the team some great national exposure . I know on Thanksgiving at my house theres family time , and then the family watches the games , even the crappy ones . The Browns always give the Texans a good game , so it would just make their image even better playing a close hard fought game .......... especially if they win .

A MNF game vs the Tacks would be pretty cool too .
We have Detroit at home and don't play Dallas this year. We will not play on Thanksgiving.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #36
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
We have Detroit at home and don't play Dallas this year. We will not play on Thanksgiving.
There was a 3rd Thanksgiving game last year though wasn't there? On the NFL Network I think. Can't remember who played in it.

I wouldn't want a Thanksgiving game if it's not against the Lions or Cowboys. It would seem out of place.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #37
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
NFL Network has Thanksgiving Games (usually around 7 PM).
Old 04-15-2008   #38
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give up Thanksgiving, and all the nighter games, for a few more 3pm home games. BUT, that's just me!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #39
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I would give up Thanksgiving, and all the nighter games, for a few more 3pm home games. BUT, that's just me!
ditto
Old 04-15-2008   #40
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

What's the fasination on 3 PM Home games? I think SNF or MNF would be better (prefer SNF).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read