Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008   #81
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage for Vikes 3rd rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
for vikes fans... god what a moment that was!

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...m_file_id=1833
Oh, what a play. I was at that game and in that endzone section in the corner. My wife and I were some of the ones that stayed until the end. I was in shock when Bironas made the FG for the win.
Old 02-28-2008   #82
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Rosenfel's only chance for starter was with the Fins who ran the Marino offense (hard act to follow to begin with) without all the pieces, and unlike Marino, was not allowed to call any plays..........a far removed situation from the Texans. I think he only ended up starting 2 games and being allowed to throw less than 50 times in all.

Even old discarded veterans thought to be ineffective any more can find their niche in the right venue.
I agree, he really fits in well here and Kube's system. I thougth was the Fins were he played, not really a fighting chance it sounds like.
Old 02-28-2008   #83
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

Exclamation Re: Sage for Vikes 3rd rumor

every1 think back to 2 years ago.................... david carr......

matt schaub was hurt for more then half the year we relly dont no how hes guna do......

so i say keep sageeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the sake of humaty
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #84
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

sage getting a big thumbs down in norseland so far....

somebody needs to post the link there

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...m_file_id=1833

do it.. dooooooo it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #85
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans could sign Kelly Holcomb or Todd Collins, then would you be OK with trading Sage for a third? These are two guys who have proven to be decent back ups... as a matter of fact, Holcomb is maybe THE consomate NFL back up... I'm pretty sure both are UFA, but haven't checked yet.

Is Holcomb+3rd Rounder > Sage?
or
Is Collins+3rd Rounder > Sage?

Thoughts?
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #86
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
If the Texans could sign Kelly Holcomb or Todd Collins, then would you be OK with trading Sage for a third? These are two guys who have proven to be decent back ups... as a matter of fact, Holcomb is maybe THE consomate NFL back up... I'm pretty sure both are UFA, but haven't checked yet.

Is Holcomb+3rd Rounder > Sage? YES
or
Is Collins+3rd Rounder > Sage? And, YES

Thoughts?
This team isn't good enough yet to be worried about having a top-flight back-up.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #87
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would trade Sage & a 4th for a 2nd & Chester Taylor.

RD1 DRC
RD2 Nicks
RD3 Godfrey
RD5 Moffett
RD6 Zuttah
RD7 Silva

FA McCray, Traylor,Hadnot, Landon Johnson
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2008   #88
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would trade Sage & a 4th for a 2nd & Chester Taylor.

RD1 DRC
RD2 Nicks
RD3 Godfrey
RD5 Moffett
RD6 Zuttah
RD7 Silva

FA McCray, Traylor,Hadnot, Landon Johnson

I don't understand where we put Chester Taylor. If we keep three backs: AGreen, Chris Taylor, and ???...

If Green's healthy, I prefer him to Chester. Whether Green's healthy or not, Chris Taylor is going to demand carries. With Chester Taylor, how do the carries get divided up? Either we get someone on the cheap as insurance, we get a stud (Turner), or we address it in the draft. That's what I think anyway.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #89
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't understand where we put Chester Taylor. If we keep three backs: AGreen, Chris Taylor, and ???...

If Green's healthy, I prefer him to Chester. Whether Green's healthy or not, Chris Taylor is going to demand carries. With Chester Taylor, how do the carries get divided up? Either we get someone on the cheap as insurance, we get a stud (Turner), or we address it in the draft. That's what I think anyway.
I don't really see how that is a concern. If you have Ron Dayne and an UDFA ending the season at starting RB two season in a row you acquire as many starting quality backs as you can and sort them out in camp.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #90
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After last season, from all signs to date, Kubiak does not seem to be sure if, with this offer, the Texans may be contemplating trading away their backup or their starter quarterback. Like it or not, there IS a quarterback controvery in Houston.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #91
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Just throwing out names in case we deal or back up who would we bring in to compete for a BACKUP spot. I don't want us to trade Sage, but if we do I hope it is for a 2nd. Even if we draft a late round rookie, we are going to need more camp bodies. And could we keep a rookie in a roster spot to back up Schaub. Clearly we need someone who can step in just in case Schaub gets banged up again.

Chris Simms? Anyone know if he has fully recovered from the spleen removal. He showed some real guts before getting injured and seemed to be doing pretty decent for a very young QB.
I'd say Todd Collins, or that other guy would be okay backups. Hell, even Billy Volek is an UFA this year. I don't know if I like the idea of trading Sage, but a coveted 2nd rounder (And beleive me, Kubiak has shown that he can make a decent 2nd round pick), oh god so torn :cry:

I don't think Chris Simms would really be worth the look. He's never fully recovered from having his spleen exploded.
Old 02-28-2008   #92
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Who knows, Rosenfels might be pushing for this opportunity?
Id imagine so. Im sure he would like to start. And to have a weapon like AP behind you? Id say he is certainly interested.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #93
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two thirds or a second gets it done in my mind.....

Our commitment is to build through the draft to do that we need the picks.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #94
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I don't really see how that is a concern. If you have Ron Dayne and an UDFA ending the season at starting RB two season in a row you acquire as many starting quality backs as you can and sort them out in camp.
Sure, but you can't get guys with big salaries if you're going to do that. I think Chester carries some pretty big salary numbers with him- though, we wouldn't be responsible for his signing bonus.

I just think that getting a draft pick makes more sense. We can start camp with AGreen, Chris Taylor, Darius Walker and a draft pick... perhaps getting a guy cheap like Derrick Ward makes some sense. However, reality is that we will only keep 3 RBs on the active roster. So, who gets cut?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #95
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys sure are overrating him. two-thirds? Chester Taylor and 3rd? For Sage?

Seriously guys. The Vikings are going over the edge with the 3rd more so a 2nd. Sage isn't worth more then a 4th IMO, the Vikings are just desperate.

We should take the offer before the chronic wears off their FO.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #96
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that didn't last long.
http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1368

Quote:
Word out of Houston is the Vikings and Texans have ended talks regarding a trade that would have landed quarterback Sage Rosenfels in purple for a third-round pick. It sounds as if the Vikings have spent much of the day exploring the possibility of adding a quarterback through a trade instead of signing one in free agency.
The Vikings are now going to go after JP Lossman.

Missed oppurtunity in my mind.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #97
Polo

I would lol @ a 3rd rounder. Minimum offer, IMO, would have to be a 2nd and a 5th.

I wouldn't even let him go for just a 2nd. Not now.
Old 02-28-2008   #98
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

We got greedy....

I still think theres a chance, cept the Viking won't budge for more then a 3rd. We just need to lower our high standards.
Old 02-28-2008   #99
Polo

But Vikes fans....

There's always David Carr.
Old 02-28-2008   #100
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I would lol @ a 3rd rounder. Minimum offer, IMO, would have to be a 2nd and a 5th.

I wouldn't even let him go for just a 2nd. Not now.
for example.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read