Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default QB Quinn Gray (update) signs with Texans

From PFT.

More 'we're about to trade Sage' talk in 3...2.....1....

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QB Quinn Gray to visit the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
From PFT.

LOL, yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of the thread.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From PFT.

Ill be the first to say

He's not as good as Carr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.

Last edited by Bubbajwp; 03-19-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Helping out Ole Miss Texan
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

With this signing I bet

He'll be cut before preseason ends.

I bet I gotcha that time didnt I.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 03-19-2008   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

I just got a great idea

We shouldnt trade Sage.
I definetly got you that time didnt I.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From PFT.

OMG we are about to trade Sage!

Actually, truthfully, I like Sage, but Gray is more than adequate security if Schaub goes down. I like Gray a lot so IMO if we could get a 3rd for Sage and still not lose anything at our back up position then I am all for it.

Then we could argue about who should start, Gray or Schaub.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is whether the Texans can find another backup QB that can give them 90 cents on the Sage dollar.

If they can, then trading a player (Sage) that was picked up as a UFA for close to NFL minimum two years ago and turning that into a 2nd round pick (not a 3rd), is a no brainer.

But the price needs to be right, and the replacement capable. Is Quinn Gray worth a second round pick? Hell no. But neither was Sage two years ago.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it like an insurance policy. Gray's not as good as Sage, but if we get an offer we can't refuse for Sage - we're not caught with our pants down... like say, we would be if our only other backup was Craig Nall or someone like that.

Also, as usual, I agree with everything AJ said. LOL.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

get something while the getting is good. if minnesota throws in a 6th round with their early 3rd rounder to compensate for the Myers signing, I think we have to think about trading our backup Sage. He is going to want to leave the Texans next year in just about every scenario except complete Schaub ineptitude or poor health.

Why not bring someone else in and get while the gettin is good. A great backup is a luxury that the Texans may not need to afford. There are backups out there that wouldn't be horrible alternatives. I want a 2nd for Sage but after the Myers signing maybe a 3rd and a 5th or 6th rounder gets the job done.

I love Sage but you gotta be open to moving him if you can get something in return. Some guys will become available here over the next few months in particular. The Bucs have a glut of QBs and they can't keep em all on that roster.
Old 03-19-2008   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I look at it like an insurance policy. Gray's not as good as Sage, but if we get an offer we can't refuse for Sage - we're not caught with our pants down... like say, we would be if our only other backup was Craig Nall or someone like that.

Also, as usual, I agree with everything AJ said. LOL.

Well, now that we are going to be running a true Gibbs style stretch offense, I think a more athletic QB makes sense. So, a guy like Gray that has good wheels and can chunk the ball should be able to handle the system for a couple of weeks at a time very effectively.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

What was his starting record last year? 2-2? I remember when what his face went down with an injury he did a good job of running the offense. And its not like the Jags have any receivers to speak of.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really havn't followed Gray that much but whenever I saw him come in and play or even start last year for the Jags I kind of liked him. Just looking at his stats he seems inconsistent but thats easy to improve on in this system. 10 TD's - 5 INT aint bad but those are stats. Generally I don't put a lot of thought into stats. Would he be a good fit in this system? I assume so if we're bringing him in.

I think Gray could be just fine as a back up for Schaub. The Vikings are really the only team we've heard are really interested. So we really need to not just value Sage as a 2nd or a 3rd but value him as in what #pick in the draft. The 63rd pick in this draft is a 2nd rd pick. The 64th pick is a 3rd rounder. Those don't have significant value differences at all. Of course we aren't talking about those specific picks though.

Minnesota has the 10th pick (73rd overall= 225pts) and the 19th pick (82nd overall=180 points) in the third round. If the Texans wanted Minnesota's 2nd round pick (16th in 2nd round, 47th overall =430 points). These are from the pick value chart which is dated and only a general rule of thumb. But if we Value Sage as a mid 2nd rd pick, both of Minnessota's 3rds wouldn't get it done. I think they wouldn't offer both and if they did, we'd take it in a heart beat. 2nd round i think gets overplayed and that when it's all said and done, we'd probably take a late 2nd round pick which is NOT the same as an early 2nd round pick. I have nothing to base my opinion on though...

I like Sage a lot alot a lot, but I think getting ourselves with another pick would be excellent- I hope we can work out a deal that Smith/Kubiak feel comfortable with...and we sign Gray.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Gray, and I think he did a great job last year. Im surprised he's available
Old 03-19-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So how many people guessed it would take less than 15 posts to turn this into a Carr thread!!??

I'd rather have a gray schaub than a gray carr.

haha, sorry.
Old 03-19-2008   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
So how many people guessed it would take less than 15 posts to turn this into a Carr thread!!??

I'd rather have a gray schaub than a gray carr.

haha, sorry.

In regards to your joke, I think you Missed, Ole Texan...

-
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
In regards to your joke, I think you Missed, Ole Texan...

-
Post number three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Ill be the first to say

He's not as good as Carr!!!
Who's the joke on now.

LOL sorry I just couldnt resist.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2008   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Dont worry I got your back OMT.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2008   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Post number three.

Who's the joke on now.

LOL sorry I just couldnt resist.
Quote:
Dont worry I got your back OMT.
hahaha, wow. I guess when i clicked on your 'last post' earlier and started reading backward at your posts I got frustrated and stopped b/c you kept tricking me.

LOL ..it took 3 posts... love it.
Old 03-19-2008   #19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

this is interesting... i hate gray as a QB... but if he signs, i'm pretty sure it's writing on the wall for sage to go to minny or elsewhere. i doubt gray would willingly come here to be the third stringer.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
this is interesting... i hate gray as a QB... but if he signs, i'm pretty sure it's writing on the wall for sage to go to minny or elsewhere. i doubt gray would willingly come here to be the third stringer.
What is it about Gray you don't like as a QB or at least a QB for the Texans?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read