Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2008   #1
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730
Default Texans to re-sign Turk

as expected...

Quote:
The Texans are close to an agreement with punter Matt Turk, who could re-sign with the team as early as today.

Turk, 39, had a solid season last year with a 37.9-yard net punt average.
Link
Old 03-19-2008   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to re-sign Turk

Good news!
Old 03-19-2008   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I was disappointed in Turk last season. Hopefully he has a better year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #4
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
What was so disappointing about Turk last year? He only had one cruddy game that was due to strong winds(Cleveland) much more than anything else. 38 yds on the net is pretty decent and much better than Choed Stanley ever was.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Turk's average wasn't great, but that was in large part because he was punting on a shortened field and stuck almost half his punts inside the 20. He also had a very good hang time resulting in a high percentage of fair catches.
Old 03-19-2008   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Dude. I had asked yesterday if anyone had heard how Turk's contract was going. Anyone heard on the FS we were interested in, Crowder?
Old 03-19-2008   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Just hope he doesn't have to chase down any balls................
Old 03-19-2008   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Arguably the most important signing this year. The Pittman-Turk combination is deadly.
Old 03-19-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say he was average last season. I'd hope they still bring in some competition for him.:elle:
Old 03-19-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Arguably the most important signing this year. The Pittman-Turk combination is deadly.
In a suicidal kind of way, perhaps
Old 03-19-2008   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Turk's average wasn't great, but that was in large part because he was punting on a shortened field and stuck almost half his punts inside the 20. He also had a very good hang time resulting in a high percentage of fair catches.
Looking up Turk's stats, I came across the fact that the Texans were 4th in the league in fewest punts (only the Pats, Colts, & Jags had fewer). While I realize that the Texans did turn the ball over quite a bit, only 55 punts in a season is impressive. Only New England had fewer punts actually returned (14) than the Texans (19). Wow.
Old 03-19-2008   #12
da Bull
Rookie

Manful in the article stated the four returning free-agent signings. What about Demps? Was that an over-sight or has he not re-signed?
da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #13
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Good News. I liked the job that Turk did last year. The only thing that Turk did that I would like to forget is that horrible attempt to cover up the football against San Diego.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Bull View Post
What about Demps? Was that an over-sight or has he not re-signed?
That was an oversight.
Old 03-19-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That was an oversight.
I don't think it's an oversight. I think there must be a contract that's agreed to in principle but has yet to be signed on the dotted line. HT.com has everyone else listed as signed but Demps.

It'd be nice to know what's going on for sure.
Old 03-19-2008   #16
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think it's an oversight. I think there must be a contract that's agreed to in principle but has yet to be signed on the dotted line. HT.com has everyone else listed as signed but Demps.
Demps is listed on the roster at houstontexans.com.

If Demps isn't signed, someone should tell him.

Quote:
Thrilled To Be Back With Texans In Houston

The first week of free agency was crazy for everyone. There were a lot of things swirling around, a lot of opportunities for a lot of players. I had quite a bit of interest from teams -- Washington and Cincinnati, as well as some other teams expressed interest -- but in the end I wanted to stay in Houston. My heart was in Houston.

I probably could have made a few more dollars if I had gone to another team. But I like the way things progressed for me in Houston last year, the way the season got me back to where I know I can be -- making plays, being a big part of the defense and feeling like I was part of it.

I wanted to show my commitment to Houston. They signed me after my time in New York and I felt it got my career back on track.

I love the direction the team is taking. I love the guys in the locker room. I'm looking forward to picking the brain of new defensive backs coach Ray Rhodes as soon as I get to Houston. He is a great coach and I'm looking forward to working with him.

I expect to make an impact with this team. I don't want to move around any more, so I'm here for at least two more seasons and I want to build on what we did last year.
Old 03-19-2008   #17
da Bull
Rookie

Dayne is also noted on the roster and I don't think he has signed. Also, it doesn't really say that a contract was signed...."just, going to". Anyway I was just curious.
da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

It'd be nice to know what's going on for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Demps is listed on the roster at houstontexans.com.

If Demps isn't signed, someone should tell him.
Like I said, I believe there IS a contract. I just think there's something that is keeping it from being a legal and legit signing. I do think it eventually will be, but for now...I'm just sayin.
Old 03-19-2008   #19
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like I said, I believe there IS a contract. I just think there's something that is keeping it from being a legal and legit signing. I do think it eventually will be, but for now...I'm just sayin.
According to the transactions list on the right side of the page he re-signed.
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #20
Polo

How come Manful couldn't have just made a boo boo ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read