Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default This guy doesn't get enough credit

Amidst all the praise for Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak most of us seem to have forgotten another important addition the Texans have made since the Casserly/Capers/Carr reign of terror has ended.

Dan Ferens left around the time that Casserly left, he was responsible for negotiating several of the contracts that many people on here were rather vocal in their disapproval of...

The Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Morlon Greenwood, etc. contracts were drawn up by Dan Ferens.

In steps Chris Olsen (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Fr...t_office_id=67)

and all of a sudden we're signing solid players without overpaying and getting ourselves into salary cap trouble.

I'd like to use this thread to give an unsung hero for the Texans some well deserved credit for helping the Texans start moving into the right direction, the winning direction.
Old 03-18-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: This guy doesn't get enough credit

The great thing about Olsen is that he worked for the league, and every contract from every team passed through his desk. If anyone would know how to negotiate terms, it would be him
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Amidst all the praise for Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak most of us seem to have forgotten another important addition the Texans have made since the Casserly/Capers/Carr reign of terror has ended.

Dan Ferens left around the time that Casserly left, he was responsible for negotiating several of the contracts that many people on here were rather vocal in their disapproval of...

The Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Morlon Greenwood, etc. contracts were drawn up by Dan Ferens.

In steps Chris Olsen (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Fr...t_office_id=67)

and all of a sudden we're signing solid players without overpaying and getting ourselves into salary cap trouble.

I'd like to use this thread to give an unsung hero for the Texans some well deserved credit for helping the Texans start moving into the right direction, the winning direction.
Here's to you Mr. Texans Contract Negotiator Guy......so crack open a Bud Light ole 'Sultan of the Signatures' because we know all that negotiating has made you thirsty. (Anheiser Bush, Houston, Texas)
Old 03-18-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Olsen is a native of Little Silver, N.J. He received his degree in Business Administration from Western New England College in 1990. He earned a Master’s Degree in Sports Management from Springfield College in 1997.
Born in Jersey and went to school at Springfield College. Just like Charley Casserly.

Spooky.
Old 03-18-2008   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Here's to you Mr. Texans Contract Negotiator Guy......so crack open a Bud Light ole 'Sultan of the Signatures' because we know all that negotiating has made you thirsty. (Anheiser Bush, Houston, Texas)
lol....I was thinking something along those lines when I read this thread.

I hope this group stays together for a long time, we are getting spoiled fast.
Old 03-18-2008   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=12

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=8

Last edited by aj.; 03-18-2008 at 12:48 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've mentioned Olsen in a few posts when I was suggesting we go after some high $ guys with lucrative yet imaginative offers in free agency. This guy may be unsung but a positivie addition.
Old 03-18-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Positively Classic.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post

Is there anything more irritating than the fly-on-the-screen-gif?
Old 03-18-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What is irritating is when I tried to brush it off before..
Old 03-18-2008   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What is irritating is when I tried to brush it off before..
lmao....I did the same thing the first time I saw it.
Old 03-18-2008   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Slick Hitlary Rotten Clinton...
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
lmao....I did the same thing the first time I saw it.
Not so funny for me as my co-workers leave food crumbs and we have had ants and mice. Little sticky pads caught two mice. I am not a clean freak, but I do wipe the desk down after I eat.
Old 03-18-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

but Cjeremy, you really need to change your sig!! Are you aware how many times I've swatted my monitor while reading one of your posts...
Old 03-18-2008   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Not so funny for me as my co-workers leave food crumbs and we have had ants and mice. Little sticky pads caught two mice. I am not a clean freak, but I do wipe the desk down after I eat.
lmao.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm getting the visual of you in panic mode trying to get that dang bug off of the screen.

he he he ha ha ha
Old 03-18-2008   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
lmao.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm getting the visual of you in panic mode trying to get that dang bug off of the screen.

he he he ha ha ha
One of my co-workers placed a fake snake outside my door last week but I did not see it. Now that would be a panic mode you never want to witness.
Old 03-18-2008   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
One of my co-workers placed a fake snake outside my door last week but I did not see it. Now that would be a panic mode you never want to witness.
lol...reminds me of when I used to work in the field. We would be doing digs and find snakes. We'd kill it and place it next to one of the other guys trucks. They'd go out at the end of the day and find it next to their driver side door and freak out. Other times, if they left their vehicles unlocked, we place it in the seat or in the floor board. Good times.....good times.
Old 03-18-2008   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
lol...reminds me of when I used to work in the field. We would be doing digs and find snakes. We'd kill it and place it next to one of the other guys trucks. They'd go out at the end of the day and find it next to their driver side door and freak out. Other times, if they left their vehicles unlocked, we place it in the seat or in the floor board. Good times.....good times.
Dear Lord, I hate to bother you but if you have an extra lightning bolt lying around or a plague you did not use in Egypt, I have just the guy for you. Amen.
Old 03-18-2008   #19
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Dear Lord, I hate to bother you but if you have an extra lightning bolt lying around or a plague you did not use in Egypt, I have just the guy for you. Amen.
Wow.....lol.....a bit harsh don't ya think? lmao

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read