Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-17-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL DC mockdraft 3/17/08

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

Scott has us picking my boy, J-Stew.

Really surprised to see him put Otah at #5 instead of Clady.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL DC mockdraft 3/17/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Quote:
that Chris Williams falls to them but that is looking less and less likely by the day. If all of the stud offensive tackles are gone Houston might just opt for Jonathan Stewart, who is a legit Top 15-20 overall talent and could be the elite running back that they have been looking for.
Why then pray telll...did they just sign Brown ? If Seatlle offers up thier pick to move up for Stewart, Smith will pull the trigger if the Cb/OLT is not there. Just brace yourelf there.
Old 03-17-2008   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Why then pray telll...did they just sign Brown ? If Seatlle offers up thier pick to move up for Stewart, Smith will pull the trigger if the Cb/OLT is not there. Just brace yourelf there.
Would love for that to happen, but Seattle just signed Julius Jones & TJ Duckett, so i'm thinking RB is not much of a need for them, atleast for this year.

Although, if Seattle is still looking to draft one of the elites RB in this draft, then I would glady trade down with Seattle and pick up an extra 3rd/4th pick. I would then take Ray Rice/Kevin Smith with that extra pick, and take Kenny Phillips/CB(Mike Jenkins, Aqlib Tilib, etc.) with the 1st.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be beside myself and really nervous if after Denver: Ryan Clady LT, Chris Williams LT, Rashard Mendenhall, and Branden Albert OL were all still on the board with only 5 teams selecting in front of us. Then I'd be devastated as Clady...gone, Williams...gone, Mendenhall...gone. LOL

My favorite thing to do in this situation would be to either select Albert at #18 or find a suitable trade down partner. I think we'd find much better value at virtually all the positions we really want if we trade down and get an extra pick while we're at it.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I like Stewart (injury is a ? for me)if Mike Jenkens is there it would be hard to pass him. Wished I knew if Stewart would be ready by game one or two. Brown is great but with no idea of how he or Green will perform, Stewart would be a selection for me also.
Old 03-20-2008   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wished I knew if Stewart would be ready by game one or two.
Based on the "4-6 months" statements that are thrown around, in the worst case senario it would be the end of September start of October time frame for full go. He would be able to attend TC, learn the play book, do most (all?) of the weight training stuff. As long as he learned the play book, it probably wouldn't take a RB very long to come up to speed. That position is probably the easiest for a rookie to just walk on the field and succeed at. By late October early November he could be taking most of the reps if they wanted/needed him to.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #7
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

I don't see us taking a RB in round one as fun as it might be. J-Stew maybe the second best back in the draft, but I don't see us taking him.

I did hear Clady in a radio interview. He has all the signs of a 5 or less on the Wunderlich test. I thought O-linemen were supposed to be the smart ones.

Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read