Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-16-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Who would you take over Branden Albert at 18?

Out of the players who have been projected at or around 18 who would you take over Branden Albert if he were to fall to us at 18? I've gotta tell ya, I know he's not a LT but i've been hopping on his bandwagon as of late. We need a dominant interior OL to keep the Haynesworth and Henderson types in check on gameday and to see him plowing over defenders would be a beautiful sight on Sundays.

He's got all pro potential and I think if I had to choose with the Williams/Otah/Stewart/Cromartie/Jenkins/Phillips types on the board i'd have to go with Albert as of today.
Old 03-16-2008   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you take over Branden Albert at 18?

realistically: harvey definitely and maybe chris williams and DRC
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Albert would be a great choice because I can see the Texans using his lateral quickness to move him to LT. Otherwise, CB Cason/FS Phillips/CB Jenkins wouldn't be bad options. But of course, this is all assuming that Chris Williams is off the board.
Old 03-16-2008   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take him.

He is a good enough athelete to play LT. If it doesn't work out you have a quality G.

I would take Harvey over Albert @18, but if Gibbs wants Albert then I'm on board with this.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol its funny how many people really want harvey (including me).. we love our d-linemen
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #6
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a great video of the top offensive lineman in the draft during their combine workouts. Give me Albert or Williams!!!!!!
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806d77cb
Old 03-16-2008   #7
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much all the left tackles and cornerbacks with 1st round possibility. Interior linemen just aren't 1st round material unless they are super, super good.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2008   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Pretty much all the left tackles and cornerbacks with 1st round possibility. Interior linemen just aren't 1st round material unless they are super, super good.
Albert is super good.

I would take DRC over anybody in the draft.

Deion & Jimmy Johnson believe he's going to be great & thats good enough for me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

In no particular order I would take these players over Albert

1. Darren McFadden
2. Chris Long
3. Matt Ryan
4. Jake Long
5. Vernon Gholston
6. Glenn Dorsey
7. Sedric Ellis
8. Ryan Clady
9. Leodis McKelvin
10. Rashard Mendenhall
11. Dominique Rodgers
12. Chris Williams
13. Mike Jenkins
14. Derrick Harvey
15. Jonathan Stewart

If we do pick him I would be very happy.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read