Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2008   #41
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reported: Jacoby Jones Arrested

Quote:
Take a bunch of money and throw it at a young person who never had that kind of money before, and it's a recipe for disaster.
Take a bunch of money and throw it at anyone that has never had that kind of money before can equal a recipe for disaster.
Old 03-16-2008   #42
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see where this is a money issue. You don't have to be rich to get arrested for DWI. As far as the 'guys from the hood' not being able to manage their lives comment, hook up a breathalyzer to half the people leaving Reliant on any given Sunday and Harris Co. would have their quota of DWIs for a year.

Last edited by aj.; 03-16-2008 at 04:41 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Thatís not what we are talking about. What was the point, at least was my point, is that folks that go from no money to suddenly lots of money make decisions that are not so good sometimes.

Again, I have no idea of what is going through JJís mind or what caused him to drive while drunk, if indeed, it ever gets proved.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #44
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, JJ, damn. I hope he takes this as a learning experience and keeps his nose clean from here on out.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #45
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thatís not what we are talking about.
We (if you include me) are talking about your point on one hand, and mine on another. Jacoby could still be working at the hardware store in Franklin TN and have made the same bad decision.

As long as we're generalizing and hypothesizing, people often rush to judgement on these things - playing the convenient 'young guy with a lot of new cash' or 'guy from the hood who can't manage his life' card, especially when this happens to highly visible sports figures. I don't know why he did it - and really don't care. I'm just glad he didn't hurt anyone, or himself, and hope he gets it turned around whatever the reason.

I know a 18 year old kid from a middle income, good family that got a DWI the other night. No recent cash windfall and no 'hood upbringing. But he made a major error in judgement and is now in serious doo. Another lesson learned, I hope.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #46
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Yay, I'm not a liar!

But in seriousness, it's a shame that this happened. I was hoping for big things out of Jacoby this year, and that he might have had a crazy 2nd year jump like Mario did. Oh well, I'm sure that this won't have an effect on the season. He can just pay his fees and serve is time. I'm wondering if Kubiak will do anything about it though.
Old 03-16-2008   #47
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Yay, I'm not a liar!

But in seriousness, it's a shame that this happened. I was hoping for big things out of Jacoby this year, and that he might have had a crazy 2nd year jump like Mario did. Oh well, I'm sure that this won't have an effect on the season. He can just pay his fees and serve is time. I'm wondering if Kubiak will do anything about it though.
I imagine the Texans will not take this lightly and could get a fine from the league, Goodell is pretty tough on these types of things and rightfully so.
Old 03-16-2008   #48
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Let's not make this thread about Jeff Alm. I assure you, it's not true. Back to JJ. If it's true, I hope he fixes his problems fast. This stuff won't fly in Houston, and he knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Damn, JJ, damn. I hope he takes this as a learning experience and keeps his nose clean from here on out.
Depends I guess. Hunter Pence got a DWI last year and it has blown over for him. I quoted TMV because that is exactly what was being said at the time about Pence. I hope he learns from this as well, assuming it's a DUI/DWI. That's nothing at all to take lightly.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #49
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So, what's the facts so far?

I will admit in a minute I am wrong. That's because quite often I am. LOL

Old 03-16-2008   #50
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, what's the facts so far?

I will admit in a minute I am wrong. That's because quite often I am. LOL
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5623751.html

Quote:
Houston Texans wide receiver Jacoby Jones is free on bail after being arrested near downtown early early this morning on suspicion of drunk driving, officials said.

Jones, 23, was stopped by HPD patrol officers about 3 a.m. on Chartres near Gray near downtown, officials said.

A Houston police spokesman didn't know what caused the officers to become suspicious of Jones, who was selected by the Texans during the third round of last year's NFL draft.

"It was basically a DWI investigation," said HPD Sgt. John Chomiak. "There was no accident involved."

Jones was taken into custody and charged with driving while intoxicated ó his first offense. The bail was set at $500, which was paid later Sunday morning.
Old 03-16-2008   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Oops. JJ seems to have been cought.

In any case, I still hope for the best for him.

Old 03-16-2008   #52
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be interesting if the police set up a sting in surrounding areas of a Texan game (or any pro football game that has tailgating), about 4:30 in the afternoon.

DUI isn't a good thing any time of the day, but I can imagine that at 3:00 a.m. the odds of being stopped by police are quite high.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

As much as I make fun of the situation, I hope he is OK, and that drunk drivers are not on the road.

I make a lot of drunk posts here, as is this one, but I do NOT get in my car after drinking. Maybe it's because of age and experinece or something else that I don't do that, but still, I hope in the end run, JJ is OK.

Old 03-16-2008   #54
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

how can any of us talk

most all of us have been there, perhaps a little over enthusiastic about a certain situation, a pretty girl, following a bunch of friends or whatever its difficult to just shut it down, be responsible & know your limits. as professionals/adults its incumbent on us all to understand consequences of our actions

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #55
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's put this in perspective.

I'll take Jacoby Jones' DWI over Jerome Mathis choking out his pregnant girlfriend any day of the week. Especially when Jacoby shows up in uniform on Sundays.

Not the most responsible call on Jacoby's part, but DWI's happen to the best of us. Almost anyone who ever goes downtown or to the neighborhood sports bar on a weekend is guilty of drinking and driving. We all know we won't kill a family of four because families of four usually aren't driving around at 3 in the morning.

Funny thing about DWI's....the people in Austin that actually take money from MADD and set the laws go out and drink at places like Mike's Pub and the Cloak Room. The difference is that they have staffers drive them around after they get loaded. Maybe Jacoby should take a page from their book.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what part of this story pisses me off the most...

that J.J. got himself into this situ in the first place by not calling a damned cab
or
some cop went back to the station bragging to his buddies about who he just "bagged"
or
that the cop was nosing thru J.J.'s cellphone numbers - WTF for!?!?
any "officer" ever asked you to rummage thru your cell numbers during the course of a routine traffic stop??

OBTW, I totally don't buy the check stub crap. Who would have a check stub in this day of electronic fund transfer??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #57
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

that J.J. got himself into this situ in the first place by not calling a damned cab
or
some cop went back to the station bragging to his buddies about who he just "bagged"
or
any "officer" ever asked you to rummage thru your cell numbers during the course of a routine traffic stop??

OBTW, I totally don't buy the check stub crap. Who would have a check stub in this day of electronic fund transfer??
I'm sure if you were a cop and you arrested a Texan, or someone famous, you'd tell someone about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jacoby let him. :/

The check stub is up for discussion, I don't really believe it either. I'm just repeating what I was told. Everyone in my family still uses check stubs and I know a lot of others that still do, though.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 03-16-2008 at 08:15 PM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

or
or

Maybe Jacoby wanted to contact an attorney, or a friend, to bail him out. Probably had the cop go through his cell phone and connect Jacoby. While that's a practice normally suited for the jailhouse after he's been booked, maybe the cops were being nice and letting him make a call on the side of the road (to get the process started more quickly?). Kinda' hard to hit the speed dial on your phone when your hands are cuffed behind your back. Throw in the possibility that JJ might have been too drunk to do it himself, and well...it's possible. Cop also happened to see Chad Johnson's number?

Not saying that this is how it went down...but it's possible.
Old 03-16-2008   #59
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RUMOR: Jacoby Jones Arrested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
He's only 23 and mistakes will happen. This could actually have a positive effect on his life and maturing process as a man. If not....................we could always trade him to the cowgirls.
No no trade to the north texas cowboys. I'm just glad he was not sloppy drunk and hurt someone or himself. Hopefully this will be a part of a learning process for young Jacoby. I must admit there have been numerous times in the past that if I was stopped I would have been going the same route JJ went last night. How many texans fans could get charged after leaving a good Texans tailgating party? Not trying to make light of the situation but JJ seems to be a good kid that will hopefully learn from his mistake. JJ mght want to even thank those cops after due process is served.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #60
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I imagine the Texans will not take this lightly and could get a fine from the league, Goodell is pretty tough on these types of things and rightfully so.
When is Roger Commish going to fine himself for allowing the evidence tapes of the Pats cheating to be destroyed. I don't like this commissioner at all.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read