Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2008   #21
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RUMOR: Jacoby Jones Arrested?

Real easy to verify.. Call the Harris County Jail, see if they have a Jacoby Jones, date of birth July 11, 1984, in custody.

One of the attorneys on here could get on the Internet to the Harris County JIMS system and see if its true.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #22
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Must have been a rumor in the Houston area. It involved Alm and his "buddy".
Let's not perpetuate the rumor....
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #23
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Must have been a rumor in the Houston area. It involved Alm and his "buddy".
I did some googling and found out. What a bizarre story and sad ending. I was just out of high school and headed to college, wasn't really paying attention to the new in them days.
Old 03-16-2008   #24
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Everybody relax, it says RUMOR in the title, Arilington Texan has already stepped in and said how it will be handled and aptly I might add. I think everyone here can discern what is going on. There are a few hundred loyal fans on here and that's about it, that would defend him if it is not true. His rep is fine at the moment.
Not to give this anymore "legs" then (at this time at least) it deserves but, to clarify the orginal post read 6+ hours ago: "Jacoby Jones Arrested?". Arlington Texan rightfully changed it to the present header.
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #25
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
This is how the garbage about Jeff Alm started. People still fervently believe it's true, even though it's the complete opposite of true.
Not trying to start trouble but there were about 50 different sides that came up with a similar story on the Alm deal..cops swearing it was true, etc.. and I have a hard time believing some part is not true. JMO. Just too much of whio said what still out there. As far as Jacoby...just wait until things come out.
Old 03-16-2008   #26
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he was arrested for something last night...

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/se...sultsAction.do

NOTE: Names in italic are alias names. back
Register/Details Last Name First Name Date of Birth Custody Status Facility/Reason Reporting Agency
JONES JACOBY R 07/11/1984 Out of Custody HARRIS COUNTY JAIL
Old 03-16-2008   #27
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not trying to start trouble but there were about 50 different sides that came up with a similar story on the Alm deal..cops swearing it was true, etc.. and I have a hard time believing some part is not true. JMO. Just too much of whio said what still out there. As far as Jacoby...just wait until things come out.
Let's not make this thread about Jeff Alm. I assure you, it's not true. Back to JJ. If it's true, I hope he fixes his problems fast. This stuff won't fly in Houston, and he knows it.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2008   #28
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Well, he was arrested for something last night...

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/se...sultsAction.do

NOTE: Names in italic are alias names. back
Register/Details Last Name First Name Date of Birth Custody Status Facility/Reason Reporting Agency
JONES JACOBY R 07/11/1984 Out of Custody HARRIS COUNTY JAIL
Well, crap. This sucks. It's his name, it's Harris County, and it's his birthday.

I HATE it when Texans players get in trouble with the law, because it takes the sting out of my constant attacks on the Dallas Cowboy fans in my family. I love to remind them about all the crack, arrests, drug dealing, and how PacMan Jones will be joining the team soon. (Not that he definitely will, but I love telling them how he's a perfect fit)... so it gives me little ground to stand on when our guys screw up.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2008   #29
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Well, crap. This sucks. It's his name, it's Harris County, and it's his birthday.

I HATE it when Texans players get in trouble with the law, because it takes the sting out of my constant attacks on the Dallas Cowboy fans in my family. I love to remind them about all the crack, arrests, drug dealing, and how PacMan Jones will be joining the team soon. (Not that he definitely will, but I love telling them how he's a perfect fit)... so it gives me little ground to stand on when our guys screw up.
One thing to note.... there is an arrest, but no details on a charge.

If he got down there and didn't blow a .08, they might not have charged him with a DWI.
Old 03-16-2008   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
One thing to note.... there is an arrest, but no details on a charge.

If he got down there and didn't blow a .08, they might not have charged him with a DWI.
Let's hope that's the case.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-16-2008   #31
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is how the garbage about Jeff Alm started. People still fervently believe it's true, even though it's the complete opposite of true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not trying to start trouble but there were about 50 different sides that came up with a similar story on the Alm deal..cops swearing it was true, etc.. and I have a hard time believing some part is not true. JMO. Just too much of whio said what still out there.
Funny that this comes up. I had a buddy in from Colorado Springs last week that told me about this. I told him that I heard this story is an urban legend. Not to mention that it gets mentioned every now and then on the sports talk stations.

I was living in the Dallas area back then and had no idea of what the rumor around Houston was. Seems like there's a couple of versions of it going around.

One rumor is that the other guy was closer than a friend. The other rumor is that he was performing a friendly service at the time of the accident and injured Jeff.

Which one is it?

Back to the topic...DWI's happen every night. It's no surprise that one of them happens to be a local celebrity every now and then.

I don't really think it's very professional of the cops to be going through the guy's cellphone after they arrest him.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #32
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's not make this thread about Jeff Alm. I assure you, it's not true. Back to JJ. If it's true, I hope he fixes his problems fast. This stuff won't fly in Houston, and he knows it.
Sorry I wasn't trying to but being as one of the attorneys here I'm sure others have hung out with their brethren and heard stuff like "I know a cop that swears by it." At least the DA guys I know have...

As far as JJ. It happens. We all make mistakes. Bad mistake but nothing you can't get through and learn from. I hope it helps him grow up.
Old 03-16-2008   #33
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.click2houston.com/news/15612014/detail.html

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans wide receiver Jacoby Jones was arrested overnight and charged with driving while intoxicated, police said Sunday.

Police said they stopped Jones at about 2 a.m. Sunday. He posted a $500 bond and was released, officials said.

The Texans said they're still gathering information about the arrest, and they said they're not yet ready to comment.
Old 03-16-2008   #34
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

He's only 23 and mistakes will happen. This could actually have a positive effect on his life and maturing process as a man. If not....................we could always trade him to the cowgirls.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #35
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's OK to remove the RUMOR and the "?" now.

C'mon JJ, let's start focusing on NEXT year...we need another KR/PR in the Pro-Bowl!
Old 03-16-2008   #36
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I guess it's OK to remove the RUMOR and the "?" now.

C'mon JJ, let's start focusing on NEXT year...we need another KR/PR in the Pro-Bowl!
Pretty sure we already have one anyways...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #37
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reported: Jacoby Jones Arrested

Take a bunch of money and throw it at a young person who never had that kind of money before, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Not that a 3rd round draft choice is loaded with money, but still NFL pay is quite a bit higher than cooking burgers at McDonalds or starting pay in almost any field.

I know nothing about JJ personally, having read nothing about his personal life, but I hope he makes it through this. He has a fantastic future with the Texans and I hope he pulls through this. I also hope we, as fans, keep some perspective on this.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reported: Jacoby Jones Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Take a bunch of money and throw it at a young person who never had that kind of money before, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Not that a 3rd round draft choice is loaded with money, but still NFL pay is quite a bit higher than cooking burgers at McDonalds or starting pay in almost any field.

I know nothing about JJ personally, having read nothing about his personal life, but I hope he makes it through this. He has a fantastic future with the Texans and I hope he pulls through this. I also hope we, as fans, keep some perspective on this.
Well said Thorn.

It still sucks though, I hope he learns his lesson here and turns into a positive.
Old 03-16-2008   #39
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

Maybe instead of arguing about non-football issues you should switch to football issues. The Cowboys have had a pretty clean ship of late. Other teams have had far more transgressions the past decade. Now, if they sign PacMan they are making a deal with the devil and they deserve any smack they get, but its been pretty quiet there lately especially when compared to other teams, our own included.

If you want to run smack at Cowboy fan in your family, you can still get results and stick to football. romo choking, romo fumbling a freaking hold to lose a playoff game, roy williams not being able to cover his own shadow, drafting bobby carpenter in the first round, jones putting NFC championship tickets at players lockers and coming onto the field and constantly being a distraction, driving Parcells out of town for Wade Phillips, and of course the nuclear option 19-10.
Old 03-16-2008   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
...<snip>....If you want to run smack at Cowboy fan in your family, you can still get results and stick to football....<snip>
I don't need no stinkin' facts to hate the Cowgirls. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read