Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2008   #1
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Reported: Jacoby Jones Arrested

Hey all, I just got word from my stepdad (who's a HPD officer) that one of his policemen buddies just arrested Jacoby Jones for DWI.

I doubt this news is out yet, but what do ya'll make of it, and what potential consequences are there for him?
Old 03-16-2008   #2
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones Arrested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Hey all, I just got word from my stepdad (who's a HPD officer) that one of his policemen buddies just arrested Jacoby Jones for DWI.

I doubt this news is out yet, but what do ya'll make of it, and what potential consequences are there for him?
DUI's are terrible, though I can think of a lot worse things. I drive a motorcycle, so I hate drunk drivers more than most. Not sure where this paragraph is going, but I can't see any real repercussions coming from this from the Texans. Probation for a few years, no license for a few months. Eh. Get a chauffeur.

Wish I had something useful to contribute. Take a cab, JJ.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but what do ya'll make of it, and what potential consequences are there for him?
If this is true...that's too bad. If its a first offense, its a misdemeanor that will likely have him pay a fine and I think maybe a little probation.

If you kill someone in a DUI accident, you can get up to 20 years prison time per person that is killed.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not seeing anything at the Chronicle yet, but we'll see I guess.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Will edit title to make it clear that is a rumor and will track thread closely. If nothing comes of this a relatively short time frame will close thread.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
If this is true...that's too bad. If its a first offense, its a misdemeanor that will likely have him pay a fine and I think maybe a little probation.

If you kill someone in a DUI accident, you can get up to 20 years prison time per person that is killed.
1st offense

Texas Criminal Status: Class B Misdemeanor

Jail: Minimum 72 hours, or 6 days if open container is present.

Texas DWI Fines/Costs: Fine not to exceed $2,000. Other administrative and evaluation fees may be assessed. TX imposes a “surcharge” for a DWI on top of regular fines. The surcharge is $1,000 per year for three years for a first DWI offense and $2,000 if the person’s BAC level was double or more the legal limit (.16). Texas License Suspension: Yes, 1 year. Attending DWI Education class may avoid this. Occupational license may be granted based on need.

Violation of Zero Tolerance Law: N/A

Texas Conditional License: A conditional, or occupational license, may be issued based on "essential need" and usually only when the court orders an offender into alcohol assessment/rehabilitation. Offenders who have been granted occupational licenses within 10 years are ineligible. For definitions of “essential need”, see Transportation Code Section 521.241.

Vehicle Impound: None

Texas DWI School: First time offenders must complete a 12 hour DWI Education Program within 180 days of when probation was granted or risk having their license revoked.

Texas Probation: Terms of probation decided by judge or jury.

Texas Community Service: 24 hours required, but no more than 100 hours.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
1st offense

Texas Criminal Status: Class B Misdemeanor

Jail: Minimum 72 hours, or 6 days if open container is present.

Texas DWI Fines/Costs: Fine not to exceed $2,000. Other administrative and evaluation fees may be assessed. TX imposes a “surcharge” for a DWI on top of regular fines. The surcharge is $1,000 per year for three years for a first DWI offense and $2,000 if the person’s BAC level was double or more the legal limit (.16). Texas License Suspension: Yes, 1 year. Attending DWI Education class may avoid this. Occupational license may be granted based on need.

Violation of Zero Tolerance Law: N/A

Texas Conditional License: A conditional, or occupational license, may be issued based on "essential need" and usually only when the court orders an offender into alcohol assessment/rehabilitation. Offenders who have been granted occupational licenses within 10 years are ineligible. For definitions of “essential need”, see Transportation Code Section 521.241.

Vehicle Impound: None

Texas DWI School: First time offenders must complete a 12 hour DWI Education Program within 180 days of when probation was granted or risk having their license revoked.

Texas Probation: Terms of probation decided by judge or jury.

Texas Community Service: 24 hours required, but no more than 100 hours.
Thanks for the exact stats...I was trying to recite from memory.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2008   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Will edit title to make it clear that is a rumor and will track thread closely. If nothing comes of this a relatively short time frame will close thread.
Understandable.

Sorry for getting a tad bit off topic, but the guy who arrested him according to my step-dad (His name's Zach, I played FF with him this past year) took a look in JJ's phone and he had Ocho Cinco's number, along with a few others. :o Pretty cool that a 4th string WR would have his number, imo.
Old 03-16-2008   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Understandable.

Sorry for getting a tad bit off topic, but the guy who arrested him according to my step-dad (His name's Zach, I played FF with him this past year) took a look in JJ's phone and he had Ocho Cinco's number, along with a few others. :o Pretty cool that a 4th string WR would have his number, imo.
I guess any Bengal would be a good source for legal representation. They would know the in and outs of getting arrested for stupid stuff.

How stupid can this kid be? You make good money - call a damn cab. Why risk a DUI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #10
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I guess any Bengal would be a good source for legal representation. They would know the in and outs of getting arrested for stupid stuff.

How stupid can this kid be? You make good money - call a damn cab. Why risk a DUI?
Which reminds me, the cop found a check stub in his car, 750,000 dollars. O_O
Old 03-16-2008   #11
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: RUMOR: Jacoby Jones Arrested?

I hope it's not true and I agree the thread should be removed if a credible source cannot be found (not saying your info. is "incorrect" AnthonyE or that your making this up)! I just want to see a "publication", whose credibility is on the line (and not on an internet message board) confirm this.
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #12
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836 View Post
I hope it's not true and I agree the thread should be removed if a credible source cannot be found (not saying your info. is "incorrect" AnthonyE or that your making this up)! I just want to see a "publication", whose credibility is on the line (and not on an internet message board) confirm this.
Are you calling me a liar?!

rofl, jk. No, I realize that a story like this is very likely to not be true. However, because I believe (while some may not) my stepdad and his friend, who I know as well, to be credible sources. Trust me, if I were one of you and heard this from a 3rd hand source, I'd be just as skeptical.
Old 03-16-2008   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

It would take a while for this story to break into main stream, if true, being as who is Jacoby Jones?

Best bet would be local police blotter.

Dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #14
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread should be removed until a more concrete source can be found. Unless AnthonyE's stepdad's friend (sounds like my brother's cousin's brother's best friend to me) is willing to step forward...

This is a guys rep we are talking about here...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody relax, it says RUMOR in the title, Arilington Texan has already stepped in and said how it will be handled and aptly I might add. I think everyone here can discern what is going on. There are a few hundred loyal fans on here and that's about it, that would defend him if it is not true. His rep is fine at the moment.
Old 03-16-2008   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
This thread should be removed until a more concrete source can be found. Unless AnthonyE's stepdad's friend (sounds like my brother's cousin's brother's best friend to me) is willing to step forward...

This is a guys rep we are talking about here...
hence the rumor
Old 03-16-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Everybody relax, it says RUMOR in the title, Arilington Texan has already stepped in and said how it will be handled and aptly I might add. I think everyone here can discern what is going on. There are a few hundred loyal fans on here and that's about it, that would defend him if it is not true. His rep is fine at the moment.
This is how the garbage about Jeff Alm started. People still fervently believe it's true, even though it's the complete opposite of true.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
This is how the garbage about Jeff Alm started. People still fervently believe it's true, even though it's the complete opposite of true.
And Richard Gere likes geribals....I understand what you are saying, I think it is being managed properly by the Mods, we don't want this to be true. Most of us anyway *looks over shoulder for Blazing Arrow*. I sincerely hope this is not the case also.

I am pretty a skeptical person generally speaking anyway.

Jeff Alm? I have no clue what was said there, first I have heard of it.
Old 03-16-2008   #19
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
hence the rumor
The whole point is that people will pass this on and eventually the rumor part will fall out of the "translation" as it makes the story more "interesting".

I am positive that tomorrow, one of the sports talk shows will have a caller that asks about JJ's arrest.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And Richard Gere likes geribals....I understand what you are saying, I think it is being managed properly by the Mods, we don't want this to be true. Most of us anyway *looks over shoulder for Blazing Arrow*. I sincerely hope this is not the case also.

I am pretty a skeptical person generally speaking anyway.

Jeff Alm? I have no clue what was said there, first I have heard of it.
Must have been a rumor in the Houston area. It involved Alm and his "buddy".

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read